Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Download?

Default Re: Download?

I'll upload somewhere else; I have been having trouble with my connection the past few days, but as soon as possible, there will be a new mirror.

Really appreciate that Aradan, can't wait to play it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Yup those seem to be working!! Downloading as we speak. Thanks a lot!! I'll let you know if they work fine.

Donwloaded fine but having trouble installing. Not like TATW. I ran the first file, chose the RTW location in program files (x86 though as I have 64 bit), finished, ran the same for the second part, installed fine but when I open the dark shadow shortcut on desktop it says 'Rome TW-BI.exe is not a valid win32 application.' Also if I try and open the barbarian invasion shortcut it says mss32.dll is missing.

Should I try and re install in just 'program files' not 'program files (x86)'?

Ok I reinstalled it in just program files (not x86) and now when I click dark shadow shortcut it says mss32.dll is missing. I copied that dll file from x86 RTW folder into the the other one, double clicked dark shadow shortcut again and error is gone, but it now says 'please insert the correct CD rom'. Is it just these 2 files to install is there not more like with TATW?

Hmm actually part 1 and 2 are exactly the same size when extracted - they are not both part 1 by accident are they?

I certainly hope not, one should be 300MB exactly, and the other one 250-ish. You first need to extract thw two .part files together in the same folder, and they'll 'create' a 551 MB .exe file. Then you run the .exe file and install.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    I certainly hope not, one should be 300MB exactly, and the other one 250-ish. You first need to extract thw two .part files together in the same folder, and they'll 'create' a 551 MB .exe file. Then you run the .exe file and install.
    as rar files they are 300 and 250 odd, but when extracted they are the same size, 501ish. When I tried to extract to the same folder it said 'file already exists do you want to overwrite it', they seem to be identical unless ı am doing something majorly wrong!

Do I need the patches or hotfixes?

Yeah when I extract the second part to the same folder it just overwrites the previous one and is the same size.

Yes, that's the point of .part files.

Anyway, after you extract both files, you end up with a "FATW_TNS_2.6_Full.exe" file, that's 551MB in size, correct? If so, simply run that file and when prompted point it to your RTW folder, wherever that is (the folder with the RTW-BI.exe in it). And that's it.

Ok, so i extracted part two to the folder where part 1 was and overwrote it as it said, ran the thing, selected the proper folder and it installed all good. Restarted but when I click on the dark shadow shortcut it just says insert correct cd rom.

I have 64 bit windows, any issues?

Tried inserting the BI cd and clicked the dark shadow shortcut this time it gives an audio error.

If you try to launch vanilla BI, does it work properly? Also, is your BI patched to 1.6?

vanilla? I just installed BI after RTW with the cd rom, no patching. Where do I get that?

Thats worked for me, thanks Aradan

Quote Originally Posted by Emu View Post
    vanilla? I just installed BI after RTW with the cd rom, no patching. Where do I get that?
    Vanilla = original, unmodded, out-of-the-box game.

BI 1.6 patch: http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...16-Patch.shtml

After you install the patch (downlaod it and run it, it detects RTW automatically), try starting BI.
    If it doesn't work, there's a problem with your installation of the game, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall everything, it's not an issue with the mod.
    If it does work, then try launching TNS and see if it works (it should).

Oh ok, no patch. I hate this government so much, even softpedia gives me the message The requested URL /sega/downloads/patches/rometotalwar/1.6/rome_total_war_patch_1-6.zip was not found on this server.

Do you have an alternative link for the patch?

Ohh found it here at it works: http://www.gamershell.com/download_11878.shtml
    Right patch yes?

It appears to be the right file, yes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast