Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 BRITANNIAE III DOWNLOAD AND DISCUSSION

Default Re: Latest Britanniae II Patches

Up dated first post
    Smoothed out Thuringia region around the river basin
    Removed E Anglia bridges providing a natural boundary for them
    Stone forts in most Provinces to mark spawned siege units and to show provinces importance

Fortress at Calleva

Franks influence in Kent w/the Jutes
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 09, 2013 at 10:14 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Obeseian's Avatar Civis

Default Re: IB2 Britanniae II Expansion Mod

is the blue faction in kent the briton ceint kingdom thats destroyed in the 1st turn of current version!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I like the changes.

Hope you won't overdo it with the number of stone forts But adding some is a very good move!

Quote Originally Posted by Obeseian View Post
    is the blue faction in kent the briton ceint kingdom thats destroyed in the 1st turn of current version!

That's the Franks in possession of what was owned by the destroyed Ceint faction along side the Jutes

Updates - Renos new shields for several frank units and unit cards Added A Saxon Ēastseaxe settlement surrounded by either marshes, a river or the ocean
    The fens in Britain are extended.
    Reduced the width size of the Rhine river before the upper mouth regions
    Many rivers redone as the Rhine.
    Coast lines redone to look much more real and aesthetic
    Friesia now looks as it did(possily)in the 5t century as much was flooded.
    Germanic settlement names further corrected
    Wooden castles are made nearly impossble to become Stone castles(town level)
    Settlemens that are not castles gain greater economic advantages as they can upgrade past towns levels
    Several Germanic settlements for Thuringia and Sahson factions have been upgraded to provincial city status.
    Mercenaries from the fort will take 1 turn to recruit but are tripled in recruitment costs
    Epanded file strengths and weaknesses WIP
    Corrected unit card apparences WIP
    Corrected EU Defintions WIP
    A few faction 2d art symbol changes in the interface files
    Major Help from new Beta Testers!!:
    Mr Kriegtooth and JVR
    Reno and I will show some upgraded pics of some of his new shields and the fixed coastlines of Friesia, Britain Gaul and Germany and the edited large rivers and an extended fens in Britain along w/ ceretic, serapios, and Cincinatus' recommended settlement and provincial name changes and heir suggested map editing
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 14, 2013 at 02:57 PM.

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

great!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

-A new Francisca merc unit for the Jutes and Saxons in and around Ceint

Unit Inspired from as w/many others:
    INVASIO BARBARORVM : SOMNIVM APOSTATAE IVLIANI
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=253

-Frisian coast redone to portray the significant flooding of that area 5th century
    -Rivers redone and coastlines

Reno's new shields Will add here when he has some pics
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 18, 2013 at 02:25 PM.

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

Looking great Rio, I can't wait for this expansion to be released.

Very soon Father Jack and We thank you. Got some outstanding feedback from everyone.

-There will be a need for me to post a basic guide for military and government building contruction trees. Also I may need to either in the mod or in a guide, how to achieve certain ancillaries such as a knight of the Round Table(Will have a Celtic wording and meaning w/the word knight or Round Table in parentheses) but their are a boat load of things to know.
    As the Councilium hold on Britannia broke apart so did some of her famous warriors. Many will be under the Councilium still but other factions that have become independent such as Dumnonia and the Gododden will have their own. Blood oath brothers fighting possibly against each other. An echo of what historically may have happen. But it all originates from the restorer of Britainnia, Vortigern as he ruled Councilium and created the foundation for a centralized government that provided stability and a revival and many great knights then and for possibly the future. The game starts in 452AD after the devastation of a plague and the Saxon revolt and the thus far successful struggle of the battle prince, Catigern (Vortimer) to reclaim the Councilium's dominance... so history will be decided from that point on.

There is off course much debate over this Catigern figure but he is in my belief, the one who proceeded Vortigern as Vortimer thus, he is presented as such in the mod. Also the mod emphasizes the idea that Vortigern was a great restorer of Britain and the head of several faction family trees that encompasses even the Saxons. He had to be somewhat brilliant to keep the island together for as long as he did...although maybe unlucky in the end as plague and a Saxon rebellion ripped through Britain.
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM.

Yeeees, guides are the best!! Very interesting info, Rio!

Yeah, we couldn't understand much without a guide. For example what the titles/ranks mean, how do important leaders fit in the story and explaining the building/unit trees. Thanks Rio

<p>
    Quote Originally Posted by benczeb90 View Post
    Yeah, we couldn't understand much without a guide. For example what the titles/ranks mean, how do important leaders fit in the story and explaining the building/unit trees. Thanks Rio
    We will do our best w/this I will make a basic generic building guilde for each culture and one their the descriptions of their important leaders. I also moved three Saxon small settlements to their historical current Sussex region. I believe they were used as foederati up till the Saxon revolt 441Ad-spreading to Anderitum in around 477 w/the slaughtering of its Romano occupants. ceretic our developer, suggested this some time ago but it took me time to be able to actually do this
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM.

I hope the final patch will be ready in the end of June, and especially for August, for i'll have real free time only then. :/ I'll finish my exams until mid-june, then work til the end of july. I hope I'll have my little reward

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Here are some pictures of the new shields for the Legio Immunes for Lydaw and the Schola Infantry for the Franks.

Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KINGDOMS 2013-04-21 20-48-46-50.jpg   KINGDOMS 2013-04-21 20-48-48-49.jpg   KINGDOMS 2013-04-21 20-48-50-48.jpg   KINGDOMS 2013-04-21 20-50-22-21.jpg   KINGDOMS 2013-04-21 20-50-24-26.jpg  

KINGDOMS 2013-04-21 20-50-26-20.jpg   KINGDOMS 2013-04-21 20-50-45-11.jpg   KINGDOMS 2013-04-21 20-50-47-02.jpg  

Those are Beautiful!!!

i agree they are beautiful, nice to see my favorite mod is getting even better and better, keep up the good work

I hope the final patch will be ready in the end of June, and especially for August, for i'll have real free time only then. :/ I'll finish my exams until mid-june, then work til the end of july. I hope I'll have my little reward
    I'd have to put a bullet in my head if it was to take that long(insanity sake)Its on the verge of release so it will not be then...very soon.

Haha Sorry, i'm pretty much used to the fact, when a modder says 'soon', it can take years

Haha Sorry, i'm pretty much used to the fact, when a modder says 'soon', it can take years
    I know and I never say when its ready as you just never know but its currently just getting polished up and tested.

Domesticus

As a beta tester, I think its safe to say that all is going well and the final release should be soon Not at liberty to say anything else though