Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Latest Britanniae II Patches

eXCELLENT!!

Great things happening here !!
    Cheers !

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Great work! Can't wait for the new patch.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heišinn Vešr: Total War

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

So Heathen Storm next patch will be released soon. One question. what do you think of the Vikings episodes so far. I have seen the first two, and so far I am liking it. What about historic accuracy.

Cheers

The Vikings series is without doubt awesome! Though there may be some inaccurate elements in the stories but nonetheless, good and entertaining.

Absolutely reccomendable to those who has not seens it yet

Updated the first post

A few pics of the Sahson faction unique units fighting the Thuringia

Wulfbyrnan and Hręfnhelmas
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Riothamus; March 19, 2013 at 10:07 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    So Heathen Storm next patch will be released soon. One question. what do you think of the Vikings episodes so far. I have seen the first two, and so far I am liking it. What about historic accuracy.

Cheers
    Hi Reno - I am 4 episodes in (if you watch it on their website you can watch a new episode a week in advance). It is absolutely wonderful!

Of course, there are inaccuracies. They forgot that "Lošbrók" (as in Ragnar and Rollo "Lothbrook" as they pronounce it) is actually a nickname, meaning "hairy-breeches", not a surname. The Saxons are all wearing lamellar or scale... But I can look past that because the series is so damn good!

I will warn you; the fourth episode will you have you on the edge of your feet saying, "No, no, noooooo!!!" at multiple points.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heišinn Vešr: Total War

nice pict of the sahsons, been playing them mostly for the elite wulf guys, and had many man bloody battles with the Thuringia and the frisians, expansion in the old lands is slow and costly but extremely fun, bout to send a boat to england to start claiming lands there, and if the new saxons get in my way....death

I've been watching it too. I gotta say its pretty good stuff. It actually made me start a Last Kingdom campaign as the Swedes with Ragnar and his sons. Until of course the new IB2CB patch comes out.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    I've been watching it too. I gotta say its pretty good stuff. It actually made me start a Last Kingdom campaign as the Swedes with Ragnar and his sons. Until of course the new IB2CB patch comes out.
    There are no Swedish factions in The Last Kingdom mod Unless you actually meant Wrath of Norsemen mod.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    eXCELLENT!!
    Is that your sister down there Stath.

Cheers

There are no Swedish factions in The Last Kingdom mod Unless you actually meant Wrath of Norsemen mod.
    yes, your correct, I meant denmark in the Last Kingdom w/ the Danelag submod. I was also playing WotN as the Swedes. I must have words my mixed up.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Please create a new thread on this topic(Vikings) and Ill gladly move the relative posts to it...I need this thread to stay on topic. Thanks

good point Rio Vikings= Great show....lol sorry

Quote Originally Posted by JVR View Post
    good point Rio Vikings= Great show....lol sorry
    No worries I will create a thread tomorrow so it can continue

Updated the first post's Expansion Additions

Battle of Tolbiac-Not scripted just how the game has been playing out under the AI

A bit sooner but never the less..

As you can see
    Agraes
    :
    Arthurian TW faction symbols
    - Icedie El Guaranķ: Strat city models VII mod-Settlement appearences- and UI Interfaceinfluences
    - Absinthia: Unit models VII mod

Alemanni actually fighting the Franks? Aww yeah It's good to be able to rely a bit on the Alemanni's threat-effect if you are facing a fierce enemy like the Franks. It's best to keep them from gathering strong allies.

Updated the newest additions on the first page

Lord Derfel's Avatar Biarchus

Very nice additions! Looking forward to the release of the new patch. Thanks for all the hard work!