Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 BRITANNIAE III DOWNLOAD AND DISCUSSION

Default Re: Latest Britanniae II Patches

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derfel View Post
    This is a great mod and has alot of atmosphere. Is there a time frame on when the patch will be released, I or more the question should I start a campaign with the current 11.5 patch or should I wait for the new patch?
    I Would go ahead Lord Derfel anp play a campaign. The Expansion Patch III will be looked over by the team carefully after its completion. There some really neat additions in this but basically the mod will be the same just some improvements and corrections and then it will be TWC front paged advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by benczeb90 View Post
    This is a wonderful idea to make a guide as well. Wow man! Thanks for all the staff!
    I really enjoy reading building and unit descriptions. This way i understand what are the buildings and units for. Important thing
    We thank you for all your continued input and support benczeb90.
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 30, 2013 at 03:47 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

I know you are busy getting the patch ready with bug fixes etc but I'd like to make a small request for inclusion. Could you please edit the Hunnic Foederati texture, the texture effects at the moment makes it look awful. I edited the nomad_normal. texture to smooth out the wrinkles completely and now it looks fine.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by caratacus; January 31, 2013 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    I know you are busy getting the patch ready with bug fixes etc but I'd like to make a small request for inclusion. Could you please edit the Hunnic Foederati texture, the texture effects at the moment makes it look awful. I edited the nomad_normal. texture to smooth out the wrinkles completely and now it looks fine.
    This should be no prob

Plase send us your edited texture here in an attachment caratacus

You're welcome It's good that you appreciate even a tiny little bit of help of thoughts. Btw I succeeded to 'beat' the script in Vandalorum, disbanding ALL the elite forces as you and Reno told me, but i rather wait for a patch and play Britanniae instead (which will also recieve a patch soon, but it's much more playable to me right now).
    I downloaded stainless steel 6.4 today by curiosity. It's a great overhaul but...it can't beat the strength of the atmosphere of the IB and IB2 mods that your comparably small team have created.

Lord Derfel's Avatar Biarchus

Started a campaign with one of the Romano British factions can't remember the exact name. Playing on h/vh great mod very immersive. Thank you for the great effort it really shows looking forward to the new patch please keep up great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derfel View Post
    Started a campaign with one of the Romano British factions can't remember the exact name. Playing on h/vh great mod very immersive. Thank you for the great effort it really shows looking forward to the new patch please keep up great work!
    Great Lord Derfel. Hope you enjoy. I think the new Expansion patch will really be an eye opener and give the mod more life. Many things will make more sense as descriptions and 2d art buildings will be more definitive. building trees such as the Kingdom’s Raison d’ętre will explain how their construction is needed and vital for the construction of the many other type buildings that may fall under its influence

You're welcome It's good that you appreciate even a tiny little bit of help of thoughts. Btw I succeeded to 'beat' the script in Vandalorum, disbanding ALL the elite forces as you and Reno told me, but i rather wait for a patch and play Britanniae instead (which will also recieve a patch soon, but it's much more playable to me right now).
    I downloaded stainless steel 6.4 today by curiosity. It's a great overhaul but...it can't beat the strength of the atmosphere of the IB and IB2 mods that your comparably small team have created.
    A great mod and am humbled to any comparisons

But am really excited at how our expansion patch is coming together. The mod is really going to be tight
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 01, 2013 at 12:01 AM.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

looks very good.
    post the texture and we can add it to the mod
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    looks very good.
    post the texture and we can add it to the mod
    Thanks, I already sent it to Rio Midnite Had my very first repeating ctd this morning playing as Rome. Ive taken out the Franks now and keeping down rebellions in their former territory but now have a ctd which stops me getting past 481. I'll test it myself today and if I can't figure it will post a save game file.

Thanks, I already sent it to Rio Midnite Had my very first repeating ctd this morning playing as Rome. Ive taken out the Franks now and keeping down rebellions in their former territory but now have a ctd which stops me getting past 481. I'll test it myself today and if I can't figure it will post a save game file.
    The latest patch fixes that ctd caratacus. Actually it was one of the earlier patches but many corrections were made so its best to be updated. The ctd is from an event:- a misspelled spawned priest's name in your B2_Britanniae\data\text\historic_events The descr_events and file and the historic_events had his name spelled differently by one letter
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 03, 2013 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    The latest patch fixes that ctd caratacus. Actually it was one of the earlier patches but many corrections were made so its best to be updated. The ctd is from an event:- a misspelled spawned priest's name in your B2_Britanniae\data\text\historic_events The descr_events and file and the historic_events had his name spelled differently by one letter
    Oh darn! I suppose that spells the end of the campaign then? I am guessing that adding the letter would cause a save game to crash on loading. Well I have finished off those Franks which were such a struggle to defeat. Whilst I was deciding which faction to take on next, the Anglians attacked my most profitable port. I retook the settlement and sent over an army to do likewise to one of their nearest ports. Look what was greeting them when they arrived there. Just as well I end the campaign here!!

UPDATE Yay!! Corrected the name Vaast from Vasst in historic events text and it's fine and at 483. Will reload my save game file tonight and whittle those Anglians down to size to reconquer the "Saxon Shore" in the name of the Empire.
    Last edited by caratacus; February 03, 2013 at 10:55 AM.

Oh darn! I suppose that spells the end of the campaign then? I am guessing that adding the letter would cause a save game to crash on loading. Well I have finished off those Franks which were such a struggle to defeat. Whilst I was deciding which faction to take on next, the Anglians attacked my most profitable port. I retook the settlement and sent over an army to do likewise to one of their nearest ports. Look what was greeting them when they arrived there. Just as well I end the campaign here!!

UPDATE Yay!! Corrected the name Vaast from Vasst in historic events text and it's fine and at 483. Will reload my save game file tonight and whittle those Anglians down to size to reconquer the "Saxon Shore" in the name of the Empire.
    Holy crap! thats quite the congregation of Angli
    Glad you got it past the error w/the correction

I'm sure that wouldn't have surprised you Rio You have scripted the game very well to give a realistic experience as possible.

Contrary to what many may think, the Anglo-Saxon incursion into Britain wouldn't have been an organised large scale invasion which swept East to West but would have been done in a more piecemeal manner. Perhaps with times when conflict comprised numerous small scale battles to settle boundary disputes with the Britons followed by periods of great conflict as both the Saxons and Angles pushed their land interests further. Farming was a priority not warfare and without both sides having a professional army, prolonged conflict would not have been able to be sustained over a long periods of time. This would therefore result in a dominance of Anglo Saxon culture in the South East with new people coming over the sea to settle once safety was assured and a slow build up as the Saxons consolidated their position before the eventual swallowing up of the Romano Briton's territory in the West, which in Wales, Cornwall and the Northern uplands was able to be halted, probably owing more to the marginal nature of the land for farm production than their military prowess of the inhabitants on the battlefield.

The build up of those Angli Stacks and those of the Jutes in the South East is therefore entirely consistent with this probability and therefore results in my generals not finding the whole of Britain overrun by both factions by the time I've finished the Franks off and sailed across the Channel in 483.
    Last edited by caratacus; February 04, 2013 at 12:13 PM.

I'm sure that wouldn't have surprised you Rio You have scripted the game very well to give a realistic experience as possible.

Contrary to what many may think, the Anglo-Saxon incursion into Britain wouldn't have been an organised large scale invasion which swept East to West but would have been done in a more piecemeal manner. Perhaps with times when conflict comprised numerous small scale battles to settle boundary disputes with the Britons followed by periods of great conflict as both the Saxons and Angles pushed their land interests further. Farming was a priority not warfare and without both sides having a professional army, prolonged conflict would not have been able to be sustained over a long periods of time. This would therefore result in a dominance of Anglo Saxon culture in the South East with new people coming over the sea to settle once safety was assured and a slow build up as the Saxons consolidated their position before the eventual swallowing up of the Romano Briton's territory in the West, which in Wales, Cornwall and the Northern uplands was able to be halted, probably owing more to the marginal nature of the land for farm production than their military prowess of the inhabitants on the battlefield.

The build up of those Angli Stacks and those of the Jutes in the South East is therefore entirely consistent with this probability and therefore results in my generals not finding the whole of Britain overrun by both factions by the time I've finished the Franks off and sailed across the Channel in 483.
    Very Good caratacus
    Am looking forward to seeing your extended Empire

Expansion Patch III Coming Soon!
    -Will include the previous IB2 Britanniae II patches
    The hippika gymnasia (Greek: ἱππικὰ γυμνάσια, "horse exercises") were ritual displays or tournaments performed by the cavalry of the Roman Empire

At the top of the heroic society, indeed this society’s raison d’ętre, is the lord and his hearth companions.

Near the top of the heroic society, indeed this society’s raison d’ętre, is the faction's nobility. The medieval nobility is just starting to form in Europe, but at this point they're much closer to their origins as tribal warlords. Most nobles are warriors, living life completely by the sword.

Jutes (Ship Invasion )Map. The Angli and Saxons will display ships also and w/their starting faction roots to their new settlements in Britain

While under dispute, it is generally accepted the Celts did in fact invent soap, which was varied in quality, composition, and usage. Three types we know of definitely are bar soap, a greasy compound, and head soap. The difference between the three is the lye content of the soap, which the Celts extracted from the fats they used in the soap making process. In addition, archeology as unearthed evidence the Celts may have discovered how to make artificial hot baths before the Romans brought their own hot water systems into Celtic lands. Undoubtedly, the Celts use did natural baths and hot water springs, but the discovery is still important.

A few pics on a handful of subtle additions or changes
    The New Loading Blood Sword

Expansion Patch III Additions:

IB1 Joar and julianus heraclius deserve credit for the German Nobility and Romano Leader pics(RTW-BI)SAI Mod

Ambrosious and Aedgius 28-29 years old
    Wudusan unit description for Sahson
    Pegligiasim heretic trait no longer at the start for several faction leaders
    Caer Usk Given Roman Walls
    EDB differentiated Horse Pasture and Stud Farming
    Stud Farming is now the Equetrian first level building
    Re did several bld pics
    Banners finished
    Several units textures done
    Legio Lancer only obtainable at Soisson for the DoS Faction
    Expanded file upgraded(strat map names to blds, characters etc..)
    Royal families expaned.
    Settlements and provinces revises(ceretic)
    Names file expanded
    Royal Families expanded
    -Vortigern potrayed as the once Faction leader of the now several
    factions
    Added and revised several portraits
    heir crown(NOT FINISHED)
    Duplicate settlement and provinCe names(NOT DONE)
    Slightly altered scripts and strat files to-
    a-AI Alemanni strengthened to hold and to now slowly expand
    b-Ai Factions slightly tweaked to get a better start
    bld.descriptions and 2d art will be more definitive
    Hunnic Foederati texture smoothed out by caratacus
    The Britain Germanic factions maps I redid using their raiding or warships to show there origination and settlement landings
    Mr Kriegtooth Irish bug finds
    I have created a new load up sword(handle and knob) so you will See a much more realistic sword during the games load up.
    Divided u the (5)Heir crown ancillary into their distinct cultures including the Concilium faction
    Added past faction leaders into the Royal families to show their famous dead ancestors w/their distinct portraits
    Added more and sited several custom portraits to historical characters
    re did several faction map colors for further differentiation
    Have been Re doing some ancillary pics
    Added past faction leaders into the Royal families to show their famous dead ancestors w/their distinct portraits

WIP-
    Several new units-Gododdin Heavy Cavalry White Shields 4 ap Javelins as they are describe in the Y Gododdin Poem
    The Concilium Gewissae Scyldingas will have a Germanic/Christian emblem on their shields differing them from he newer migrating ones
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 05, 2013 at 10:28 AM.

Sounds awesome The CB in white will be definitely better than in pink

one day's Avatar Semisalis

I´m looking forward. I plan new long campaign with Picts. And I hope that it will be harder then usually.

Sounds awesome The CB in white will be definitely better than in pink
    -I'm going to further change them to an off white-silver color

Quote Originally Posted by one day View Post
    I´m looking forward. I plan new long campaign with Picts. And I hope that it will be harder then usually.
    They need a bit of a teaking with difficulty? Hope you will enjoy, one day..many, many days lol

I want again \further acknowkedge help w/ some of the art work from -IB1 Joar and julianus heraclius. They deserve credit for the German Nobility and Romano Leader pics above (RTW-BI)SAI. A most brilliant mod!
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 05, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

Domesticus

Yay! Sounds like some good stuff Once it's out, I'll give the Jutes a nice long playtesting

Be sure to tell me what needs to be played for Bug Testing BTW Any factions with a high king type ancillary might need it like Mumhan did!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Yay! Sounds like some good stuff Once it's out, I'll give the Jutes a nice long playtesting

Be sure to tell me what needs to be played for Bug Testing BTW Any factions with a high king type ancillary might need it like Mumhan did!
    I'll be pm you and benczeb90w/ an upload(prob 10-15 MB-no more than that) in a few days. We are currently looking at a few things and once that id done then we will test and look see

-Re did the ancillary pics-Will show a handful of em in pics here soon

That's the spirit