Thread: Pontus

Default Pontus

I do not need to explain why I am starting a thread about them to anyone who played beyond 200BC or so...

How can I reduce their might without lowering it too much? I mean, I've lowered Iberia's Bull warriors to 1 hit point instead of two.
    Seriously, these guys needs to be reworked(both Bull warriors and Pontus)

Default Re: Pontus

I've only had a few fights with Pontus I believe... I quit playing the game after I got 90+ provinces, but if someone can assure me that Pontus can offer some real resitance I might reload the game

So what is it with them?

Hader's Avatar If you have nothing to hide, the Inquisition will give you something to fear
    Artifex Gaming Director

Are you really saying that Pontus is overpowered? Well yes, everygame is different but every time I play as Armenia I kill those guys pretty easily. Yes they do put up resistance but thats what makes it fun. I still want to beat them badly but i want them to put up a hard fight. Anything that is too easy is not always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hader
    Are you really saying that Pontus is overpowered? Well yes, everygame is different but every time I play as Armenia I kill those guys pretty easily. Yes they do put up resistance but thats what makes it fun. I still want to beat them badly but i want them to put up a hard fight. Anything that is too easy is not always fun.
    Ye, exclude the guys who play Eastern factions
    When playing a Western one, you'll happen to see Pontus expending extremly fast and conquer the whole Eastern map in less than 30 years...

Hader's Avatar If you have nothing to hide, the Inquisition will give you something to fear
    Artifex Gaming Director

Quote Originally Posted by dr0p
    Ye, exclude the guys who play Eastern factions
    When playing a Western one, you'll happen to see Pontus expending extremly fast and conquer the whole Eastern map in less than 30 years...
    Well Im rome in one of my campaigns and so far Armenia and Bactria are steamrolling the rest of the eastern factions and Pontus is just average. Really, it just depends on the game, expansion is always different.

Van Zandt's Avatar Sigrún
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dr0p
    I do not need to explain why I am starting a thread about them to anyone who played beyond 200BC or so...

How can I reduce their might without lowering it too much? I mean, I've lowered Iberia's Bull warriors to 1 hit point instead of two.
    Seriously, these guys needs to be reworked(both Bull warriors and Pontus)

The Pontus AI seems to produce only 2 types of units, cataphract cavalry and the elitie spearman unit of Pontus. Ive seen entire armies made up of only these two types of units. NO mixture of light infantry, cav and no missle troops. Not sure why.

Bull warriors are very tough. 2 hps, AND they get bonuses in the woods and snow. :hmmm:

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Pontus, Armenia, and Iberia is VASTLY overpowered... I would rather see a strong seleucid empire than facing something as hilarious as the pontic empire...

Artifex Gaming Director

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske
    Pontus, Armenia, and Iberia is VASTLY overpowered... I would rather see a strong seleucid empire than facing something as hilarious as the pontic empire...
    I disagree. Yes, Pontus does seem to expand better than in vanilla and maybe other mods, but it doesnt always happen. I have played a few campaigns before and I have never seen Pontus expand really well before, whether im Armenia or Rome or any other faction. I agree that they should be toned down just a bit, but not much. They should stay relativly the same.

Thought I would make my first post here as your mod seems to be great Lusted

I am only in my first campaign but poor old Pontus is no more wiped out by the Armenia
    I might start a thread later on how I am doing give you bit history on the how the Republic of Rome is doing.

Also a big thank you to Lusted for his hard work!

Van Zandt's Avatar Sigrún
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarineMorton
    Thought I would make my first post here as your mod seems to be great Lusted

I am only in my first campaign but poor old Pontus is no more wiped out by the Armenia
    I might start a thread later on how I am doing give you bit history on the how the Republic of Rome is doing.

Also a big thank you to Lusted for his hard work!
    Hey MarineMorton! Welcome to the forums! Many and lots of exciting things happen here! SOmetimes...

Taelok's Avatar Senator

I agree that each campaign is different, because it's true. However, in each of my campaigns Pontus turns into a super power given enough time. The Seleucids tend to be eaten alive by other factions.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

You could try out my Mini-Mod for Lusted's awsome mod. (link in signature). It will make the factions expand more realisticly, and includes landbridges. Btw, read the announcement in the subform, it may sound interesting.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

in every campaign i tried so far, everyone has expanded differently

like some have iberia being wiped out by carthage while others they become strong

most have the seleucids becomeing a major superpower and wiping out armenia and some others

ive never seen pontus get too strong, just average

so i guess its just the luck of the draw that in every campaign of urs the seleucids die :hmmm:

Epirus has almost wiped out the Republic of Rome in my Greek campaign. Taken Rome and everything. Rome has two provinces left, and their capital city is at Genua. I'll try and post a screenshot in a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by NONOPUST
    in every campaign i tried so far, everyone has expanded differently

like some have iberia being wiped out by carthage while others they become strong

most have the seleucids becomeing a major superpower and wiping out armenia and some others

ive never seen pontus get too strong, just average

so i guess its just the luck of the draw that in every campaign of urs the seleucids die :hmmm:
    I think your right NONOPUST in my campagin Pontus has gone the Macadons are a super power along with Iberia while Carthage just got after its butt and wiped out those African tribes only took them till 215 BC lazy gits

Marine out

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Hmmm, personally I still see general trends in the AI expansion. Iberia will be a dominant faction. Carthage will conquer a bit of land and eventually stop doing anything - or be killed of pretty early on (Either way, they never become dominant). The Seleucids get eaten alive by all the factions around it. It's a shame really, as Carthage and the Seleucids are two of my favourite factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Juus
    Epirus has almost wiped out the Republic of Rome in my Greek campaign. Taken Rome and everything. Rome has two provinces left, and their capital city is at Genua. I'll try and post a screenshot in a little while.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Aww dear. I always like to try and take Rome myself. Guess that's just selfish eh?