Thread: Native navies?

Default Native navies?

Currently playing uprising campaign and was wondering if there was a submod that adds some sort of recruitable boat for the native american factions. I need to wipe the spanish and dutch out of the Americas.

Default Re: Native navies?

i'd like to see how you would kick Spanish navy out of America in canoes..

I don't mean the navies, but if you can sail to cuba, puerto rico, etc. then you can eliminate the faction from the Americas.

kinda hard to believe that 935 people viewed this thread, and only one reply.. i mean i thought more people played native american factions and wanted to extend their play to europe and india? i guess 99% of players who play with native american factions are content with never leaving the americas..

Here is only a stop-gap recommendation:
    You may try to buy land somewhere in Europe, if you can stash enough money (at least 250k). The Russians are often eager to sell one of their easternmost provinces (Komi) for less than that, especially when short on money or early in the game. Sometimes they want to trade one of their cheap provinces with one in your heartland. The problem is: In european recruitment centers you can most often only train chiefs. If you are rich enough you may spam full stacks of them...
    Oh, up till now I haven't played a Native campaign till the end, but in other campaigns I sometimes managed to befriend or get them into a vasallage. I gave them minor provinces, so that they could act as a buffer zone for my provinces. And I do not remember the AI building native stacks in Europe nor India...
    Well, would you try it out? (No risk, no fun!)

You could just mod the game slightly with the Pack Manager and go under DB. There you can find files for faction permissions, units, and buildings and just have it so the coastal regions that Natives own can build naval units. It requires a little know how, but it makes it much simpler in game.