Thread: Quick question

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Default Quick question

Id like to give more troops to the British Legionaires because I think 132 is just a little small...

Though im afraid to change it due to fear of doing something to cause killer ctds.

can anyone help me?

+rep will be given.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Acheron's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Quick question

Mine still have 82..have i missed something?
    'However long the night, the dawn will break'

Take that back, i just realized i've installed mine wrong hehe, i usually use the BL as palace guards and to accompany the king

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Evalation View Post
    Id like to give more troops to the British Legionaires because I think 132 is just a little small...

Though im afraid to change it due to fear of doing something to cause killer ctds.

can anyone help me?

+rep will be given.
    The number of soldiers will remain the same or worst cause your current save game to ctd if you touch the unit_export. text, so if you want to modify it you will have to began a new campaign. British Legions where an almost extinct species by this time on mainland Britain that's why they are so few of them.

Cheers

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    The number of soldiers will remain the same or worst cause your current save game to ctd if you touch the unit_export. text, so if you want to modify it you will have to began a new campaign. British Legions where an almost extinct species by this time on mainland Britain that's why they are so few of them.

Cheers
    Thank you, but you diddnt wanswer my question. How do I change it, because in the descr theres no unit listed as "British Legionaire".
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

can anyone help me?

+rep will be given.
    You must go to the work shop w/such questions and teach your self next time

Make a copy of your file first. Go to export_descr_unit file thats inside your data folder and scroll down to this unit Change only the number 52 to desired. The correct names to the unit code are in the data/text/export_units file.( RBSchola_Inf)-British Legionaries and defined. The numbers in the game vary due to unit settings such ad normal, large and huge

type RBSchola_Inf
    dictionary RBSchola_Inf
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    accent Mediterranean
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier RBSchola_Inf, 52, 0, 1
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 18, 2012 at 09:25 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Thank you, but you diddnt wanswer my question. How do I change it, because in the descr theres no unit listed as "British Legionaire".
    You didn't asked how to do it, you only asked for help. I taught you where referring to a ctd or something else.

Cheers

Might as well put this here as opposed to a whole new thread, i have a large city and cant see British Legionaries in the recruitment pool, playing as dumonia if you will

Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    Might as well put this here as opposed to a whole new thread, i have a large city and cant see British Legionaries in the recruitment pool, playing as dumonia if you will
    They are recruitable in Caer Uisc(your starting capital) in your 2end level Barracks. Only in Britain's starting capitals you can find em. Make sure to have the patch-allows you to build beyond the first tier

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Dear Rio,

If I may, regarding the British Legionaries, I think they should have the same number of soldiers as other units, only with a very limited availability to reflect the fact that they were very uncommon. Otherwise, units tend to be either to expansive or too easy to kill, even for lower tier units. I think that the way units are shown in SS or TATW (ie, basically using Real Recruitment - sorry, don't remember if it is the right name - wrt cost/maintenance cost and availability) is very good, as it is very objective.

Sorry to intrude in this topic without having yet tested and tried the game, it's just that I think this kind of units gives a very efficient feeling of involvement in the game, allowing the rich player, when he has built enough his empire, to field beautiful and efficient units.

Best regards to all and especially to Rio,

FFJean