Thread: 6.4 autoresolve hotseat fix?

Default 6.4 autoresolve hotseat fix?

Currently I'm trying to figure out a way to play stainless steel 6.4 and allow players during the hotseat campaign to be able to fight their defense battles against the AI. So I've been looking around for a fix, as per the FAQ there is one for 6.3 but not 6.4 that allows the players to fight the battles against the AI; however passwords (scrolls) are disabled. I've been fiddling around with the default.cfg file for 6.3 and added it to a clean install of 6.4.

[launcher]
    kingdomsDir=..\..
    swapMenuBackground=true
    swapMenuMusic=true
    swapBAI=true
    autoLocateLogFile=true
    autoBorderlessMode=true
    steamCheck=true
    firstRun=false
    steam=false
    [features]
    mod=mods/SS6.3
    [log]
    to=mods/SS6.3/system.log.txt
    level=* error
    ;level=* trace
    [io]
    file_first=true
    [video]
    no_background_fmv=true
    grass_distance=9000
    unit_detail=high
    movies=false
    #windowed=false
    #borderless_window=false
    [game]
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield=1
    label_settlements=1
    event_cutscenes=0
    allusers=1
    micromanage_all_settlements=1
    advisor_verbosity=0
    [misc]
    show_hud_date=true
    #remove the # in the next line if you want launcher to bypass straight to the last save when you start mtw2
    #bypass_to_strategy_save=true
    [hotseat]
    ## disable start turn scroll in hotseat campaign - false or 0 needed to be able to defend against AI
    scroll = false
    ## disable forced separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    turns = false
    ## enable cheat console in hotseat campaign
    disable_console = false
    ## enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    update_ai_camera = true
    ## enable or disable voting in papal elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    disable_papal_elections = false
    ## disable forced autoresolve all battles in hotseat campaign
    autoresolve_battles = false
    ## disable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    validate_diplomacy = false
    ## disable forced relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    # save_prefs = false
    ## autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    #autosave = true
    ## save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    # save_config = true
    ## close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    # close_after_save = true
    ## sub directory name for hotseat save games
    # gamename = hotseat_gamename
    ## ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files.
    # validate_data = true
    ## prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail
    # allow_validation_failures = false

Where it says " ## disable start turn scroll in hotseat campaign - false or 0 needed to be able to defend against AI
    scroll = false ", if u put true there it allows passwords and during the AI turn it gives an option to defend the battle; however it takes place after the last players turn, which doesnt help the other players since it's not during their turn. Also there is the shroud of war even though show AI moves is checked.

Now I know u can play a campaign without passwords and it works fine even without a shroud of war, but theres got to be a way to play hotseat campaign with passwords and be able to fight battles from the AI during each players turn. I recall playing 6.3 and didn't have this problem, me and others were able to fight battles from the AI during our turns. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Default Re: 6.4 autoresolve hotseat fix?

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've been looking for ages, searching through many many threads- I thoght I had found the answer but I guess that was for 6.3 or something because it didn't work

someone please help! we're playing on the same pc if that makes any difference