Thread: Jobs required.

King Henry V's Avatar Behold your King

Default Jobs required.

As recently appointed editor of the Helios, it is my wish to take this newspaper to new heights. To do this, I shall need a team of talented and dedicated journalists to cover all aspects of the Common Coummunity and the Curia. The following positions are available:
    Thema Devia Reporter.
    Political Mudpit reporter.
    EMM reporter
    Arts and Sciences reporter.
    Curial news reporter.
    If you are interested, please PM me.
    I expect to be back around the 20th of August, when I shall interview prospective candidates. With all going well, the next issue should be brought out a week from then.
    Vassal of the most puissant Sheriff, imb39
    Suzerain of the valorous Castellan, scottishranger and of the preux Knight and Master Crafstman Atterdag

Former Editor of the Helios, Councillor of the Concilium de Civitate and Councillor of Peace.
    "Quatscht Studium, Verbindung ist die Hauptsache!" Heinrich Mann, Der Untertan
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" Lord Byron

Default Re: Jobs required.

having already been political correspond for the Helios before, i reckon i'm qualified for it...
    the fact that i also do reports for a sister publication - the podcast - may be of concern to you, but i believe the two publications have different audiences...

I smell monopoly....
    He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool, He that dares not reason is a slave.

I can help out with the EMM section, (I always wanted to be in a newspaper )

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Ill throw my hat in the ring. I visit all sections of the board and could give a coherent account of what is going on.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I've always wondered why the helios stopped looking at thema devia so ifn you want I will do a piece as and when required on the subject.

Peter

Hey KHV - whatever happened to the June writing competition? It's August...

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

So in for the political mudpit job.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Hĺb

Reporting (heh) in for the Arts and Science job.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

I can do the Curia.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

In about...15 days I believe I could be used for the Pit or the Thema Devia.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak borispavlovgrozny
    I smell monopoly....
    Would you care to elaborate or do you have a habit of making wild statements without any explanation?
    Suzerain of the valorous Castellan, scottishranger and of the preux Knight and Master Crafstman Atterdag

Former Editor of the Helios, Councillor of the Concilium de Civitate and Councillor of Peace.
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" Lord Byron

Civitate

I would easily help if the need came up, but sadly my journalist skills are very poor and I would not be of much use really, but would be more than happy to help out in a non major role. I would do any of the above apart from arts and sciences.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Thema Devia Reporter. - Can do
    Political Mudpit reporter. - Can do
    EMM reporter - Would love to do
    Arts and Sciences reporter. - Can do
    Curial news reporter. - Would love to do

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian
    Hey KHV - whatever happened to the June writing competition? It's August...
    I'm using the Julian calendar.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

So who is in charge of this now? I was scheduled to have an interview that never happened. I'm up for an interview again.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Elohim's Avatar Civis

I'll help with an article if someone wants me to.
    Multiple exclamation marks are the sign of diseased mind!!!

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Actually no jobs are currently required; any articles on politics, philosophy, whatever in the real world are appreciated, and if you could get me a sample by next Monday that'd be great.