Thread: The re-preview

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Default The re-preview

Hiya, I mentioned that there would be a catch-up preview, replacing or updating the first, to show what's happened and gone on since the first, ages ago. It's damned hard to get together, but there's a good few people working on it.

This should be MAJOR. The idea is that there will be one section posted on the 23rd, laying the foundations (base faction work (gives you the chance to see which you like or don't, so you can then not bother with some of them, or be excited by some you didn't know) in a VERY easy format to read all in a very short space of time, as it's easy on the eye etc, and the map; ingame mapping of factions), then the 24th will see the bulk. Faction Units, deeper lore (based on the votes that were made on that poll).

They will be 2 separate threads, as there's a lot of photos, and we don't want to clog everything up. Screens are being redone by Neko and Willowran, and will be fiddled with by them, Danny does the map.

In the New Year there's a lot of bits being done by the TWC staff; lots of nice things. Re-release of the first two battles, updated and improved, and more

Thank the team far more than me for this, as they've taken the stress out of it for me, which is why you're getting it

HTVfanatic's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The re-preview

Alright! Will be a sweet early Christmas gift, looking forward to it. By improved battles do you mean more factions or just improvements in general?

Quote Originally Posted by HTVfanatic View Post
    Alright! Will be a sweet early Christmas gift, looking forward to it. By improved battles do you mean more factions or just improvements in general?
    Thanks.

The battles are down to Willow to update, but they will have a vastly altered Lindiri faction (almost entirely new), altered Imperial Units, maybe Wolfborn unit updates too and better unit pics etc. They'll be overhauled nicely and will be uploaded to a better site. I know why the last version was hanging, and that's sorted now. So the Lindiri will play like new, and the first battle will be less messy generally. There are probably a few extra things too. Improvements in general, but there's poss a few more interesting additions, depends on what time people have. After this, I will die for a while, but there'll be a lot more happening whilst I die.

The preview SHOULD be very exciting for everyone. In the new Year so much will be happening it's unreal. We've talked about having at least one full/completed faction preview every month after this thing. That's down to the three people who do the best at this sort of thing, but they're excited by it.

All sounds fantastic! I'm already looking forward to those previews. Keep it up team!

PS. A different dl site would be much appreciated since Gamefront decided to block Hong Kong(but not Macau)
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

Haven't a clue what d/l site would be chosen, but I imagine Kaiser would know. Thanks

Kaiser Leonidas's Avatar Lord of the Cheese
    badge wearer

I do? . I would have thought there'd be a couple of different sites used though, because I know that some people do have problems with different sites.

HTVfanatic's Avatar Civis

Mediafire maybe? IIRC parts can only be in 200mb parts though.

I have no idea how things work. I think I have an account with someone; I'll try to find it when I can and it's needed.

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Pilgrim can always upload it to Moddb. They have good servers. When final version is finished of course. Another good thing is that someone can make a sort of a private torrent without risk of getting a virus. Third option is rapidshare

Kaiser Leonidas's Avatar Lord of the Cheese
    badge wearer

File Factory is quite a good one as well, I used that to upload Rule Britannia to, so no matter what we should be able to get somewhere that will work for everyone.

I *think* I have sendspace...sound right?