Thread: UESW 211 - TRAFALGAR SQUARE, HUH?! (SUBMISSION THREAD)

Domesticus
    Artifex

Default UESW 211 - TRAFALGAR SQUARE, HUH?! (SUBMISSION THREAD)

Unedited Screenshot of the Week (UESW) Specific Rules
    1. All General Competition Rules and Regulations apply.
    2. Submissions must be unedited screenshots. All other entries will not be considered valid submissions.
    3. Submissions must be taken by yourself in-game. All other entries will not be considered valid submissions
    4. Cropping the screenshot is the only altercation allowed. Adding borders is not allowed and will invalidate the submission.

one day's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: UESW 211 - TRAFALGAR SQUARE, HUH?! (SUBMISSION THREAD)

Last edited by one day; December 17, 2012 at 03:28 AM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Last edited by aurther; December 20, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

"Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Domesticus
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by aurther
    question for pictures I notice most peoples pictures show up much larger then mine when i post just using img code from my photobucket account. before recently i was playing on a lower resolution now Im using 1900x1080 for my SSs but they still appear so small when i link from photobucket.

i am not skilled with photo editing and often times have no idea what or how you guys do some of the amazing work you do. I just like to take SSs mostly for myself so i can scan through em sometimes and nostalgically remember the campaigns and battles but it would be nice to be able to see whats going on in my SSs without needing to squint cause all the action is on a tiny picture.

ok rant off so whats the trick to getting the display on img to be as large as the orig img like when i look at it from my cpu its big I get the full screen.
    You must pick the direct link to the image. It always has a file extension at the end of the URL, such like .png or .jpg - that is one way you should be able to identify it. After that, wrap the link into the image tags by clicking this icon in the message editor interface and inserting the link, or by typing the code manually by hand. Here's an example (my PotW 300 entry if you're wondering):

Code:
    [IMG]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6940/potw300.png[/IMG]
    Currently you have your image added as a thumbnail attachment instead of a full-size image, and that is why it is displayed so small.

Additionally, you should save your screenshots as .png or high-quality .jpg (not possible in Paint or the likes) images in order to get quality screenshots. As for screenshot editing - we have quite a few tutorials which you can follow here on TWC. Image manipulation basically requires some training but as an upside you will progressively get better, step by step.

Oh, it seems I had Professor Mode turned on while writing this. Anyways, that is it in short. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by Goofy; December 18, 2012 at 11:25 AM.

naxzul666's Avatar Que la fête commence !
    Content Emeritus