Thread: descr_sounds_music?

Default descr_sounds_music?

Hi. I don't really post on these forums, but I've been lurking around for a long time. COOL mod, BTW. I've been looking forward to it for a good while now.

Anyways, I wanted to add some of my own music. I've done this plenty of times with other mods, but with IB2:CB2, I can't find the descr_sounds_music.txt file; It's usually in the data/ folder, but for this mod it doesn't appear to exist?
    I've had no trouble playing the mod itself yet, and the default music seems to work just fine.

I'm not sure if this question has come up before (I couldn't find any old threads about it), so I apologize if this is a redundant question. But if someone could direct me with some info on how to edit the music in this mod, it would be much appreciated.

Default Re: descr_sounds_music?

Quote Originally Posted by psychosium View Post
    Hi. I don't really post on these forums, but I've been lurking around for a long time. COOL mod, BTW. I've been looking forward to it for a good while now.

Anyways, I wanted to add some of my own music. I've done this plenty of times with other mods, but with IB2:CB2, I can't find the descr_sounds_music.txt file; It's usually in the data/ folder, but for this mod it doesn't appear to exist?
    I've had no trouble playing the mod itself yet, and the default music seems to work just fine.

I'm not sure if this question has come up before (I couldn't find any old threads about it), so I apologize if this is a redundant question. But if someone could direct me with some info on how to edit the music in this mod, it would be much appreciated.

I used the kingdoms II Britannia Sounds Folder(Had to adjust descre_sm_factions file ) then only extracted the Music.dat and idx. From there replaced 50% of the tracks after learning the tracks placements. I had no luck extracting the voice files so its the reason I went this route
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 17, 2012 at 07:52 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: descr_sounds_music?

If you don't mind me asking, how did you learn the track placements? I can't find a descr_sounds_music file anywhere... When I insert my own into data/ , the game simply ignores it and plays the default music. If I delete events.dat and events.idx, rather than re-build those files at start-up, the game simply loads with no sound at all, neither music nor SFX. I've also tried every combination of extracting and/or re-packing the music.dat and music.idx files I can think of, to no avail.

I even tried installing that other music mod on these forums, and then editing that, but I run into the exact same problem: either the game ignores my edits to descr_sounds_music and just plays the music mod (If I DON'T delete events.dat and events.idx, which is to be expected I guess), or the game loads with no sound whatsoever (If I DO delete events.dat and events.idx, which is what I've usually had to do in the past, with other mods and TW games).

Again, I've done this 129834628742185 times with other mods and TW games, but with this one I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Anyways... I don't want to waste your time with an individual request like this, but I'd be grateful for any further help/insight you could provide on the matter of how to add custom music to this mod.

Worst-case scenario, I'll just play the mod with the default music (It's not that I was even trying to replace it, I just wanted to add to what was already there), so it's not a huge deal, but it'd be nice if I could figure this out.