Thread: run as mod?

Foederatus

Default run as mod?

is it possible to package this as a mod instead of installing over a RTW folder and overwriting files? Thx!
    Helmut "Hammer" Fritz
    RLGaming
    http://www.rlgaming.com/phpBB/

Default Re: run as mod?

@steel
    sorry, i have no experience with this modswitcher_tool

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

hello

best advice is to copy multiple versions of the whole rome folder, keep one vanilla ( up to bi or alexander ) and then copy from that one when you need another, and install your modes to each copy of rome (thats what i do)

i have SPQR, Vannilla, BI, Alexander, barebones 7

hope that helps a bit, no idea about mod switcher though sorry
    (Lordgeordie )

Foederatus

not mod switcher...

run as a mod in a completely enclosed mod folder...and then use the -mod:<folder name> switch on the command line. that way no files need to go into the actual RTW or BI game folders. that way one can run any number of mods with just a new shortcut for each with the appropriate command line with approriate -mod:<folder name>.

i can run chivalry like this. have not tested many others. thoughts? ideas?
    Helmut "Hammer" Fritz
    RLGaming

@steel
    thanks for the hint, never tested this

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Foederatus

NP! it would be great if your mod could be run like that. the chiv guys can probably help along those lines if needed - i am on the beta team and could ask who you could talk to if you like... i am not sure if there are any how to's or guideson this subject - if i find anything i will let you know. thx!
    Helmut "Hammer" Fritz
    RLGaming