Thread: Factions and their agents

Default Factions and their agents

I think that every faction should have access to every agent. However, I think that factions such as the Ghoma and Moblins, which are currently planned to not have agents at all (as far as I know), should get agents much later in the game.

Default Re: Factions and their agents

Neph has no plans at all to give every faction every single type of agent to avoid the homogenisation of factions. There are other alternatives to balance out missing agents (for instance the Gohma will have a building based substitute for merchants).

I feel that at least diplomats should be given to every faction. It seems odd that you have to hope another faction's diplomat comes to you to engage indiplomacy.

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

The thing that pisses me off to NO end (as of this current version) is if I take a 'manifest destiny' run and just roll over EVERYTHING, there's a massive wave of Gerudo diplomats all over the map, and every turn, trying to get me to fork over one of my cities. It's like a damn infestation. There should be a level of control set on AI diplomat production.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

I do disagree with every faction having all agents-though I think all factions should have at least ONE agent.

On the other hand, I have yet to find a way to cleanse the Diplomat filth from my glorious lands.

Arise, my army!

Diplomats and Assassins are required for every faction. The others can be done away with in certain instances, but those two are ABSOLUTLY necessary

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Agent 51

Concerning Assassins, Serkol and I came up with an idea a while ago that would allow for an agent capable of getting rid of intrusive foreign agents without being able to leave your own territory. This means that you will have counter-agents for those factions that are too honorable or stupid to use assassins. Here is the link to where the conversation starts. It goes on for a short while.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post11815646

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

^AFAIK we determined that this idea was impossible because an agent cannot be kept to it's own territory. Although, things may have changed, but the system does not track agents as far as I know. The idea wasn't BAD, but our old foe strikes again.

Arise, my army!

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@GoldenGohma

Last I spoke to Gigantus, I was told it was possible. For this idea, you don't have to track individuals, just the unit type in general. I thought the problem was that, since the system could not track individuals, that all units of the same type were affected. This restriction could hold for the entire agent type. Also, if it was deemed impossible, I didn't get the memo.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

For an Anti-Agent Agent I recommend Ambushers. In many stories diplomats, assassin's, and even merchants fall prey to ambushes.
    Misterios race tend to use tricks(Fairies would make you walk in circles till you starve: Merfolk sang you into a watery grave"sirens": Etc)
    Where Warlike races just use the good all Orc ambush.