Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CB II campaign won't start

Default CB II campaign won't start

Hello,

For some reason when I try to launch the Conquestus Britannae II campaign, the cursor just spins around, but the campaign doesn't load and the game freezes. If it helps, I downloaded the Part I and Part II files, and don't have any Invasio Barbarorums installed.

Domesticus

Default Re: CB II campaign won't start

How long did you let it wait? Map has to generate or something, and on slower or old computers, that can take a good few minutes Hope that helps!

I waited maybe 3/4 minutes, though I have a fairly decent computer that I'm using (it's a gaming laptop with a dual core AMD processor). I thought it doesn't work because the game loads rather quickly with other mods like SS. How long does it usually take to load?

Domesticus

I have no idea honestly My computer is pretty hardcore, and new mods dont take too long too generate. But I'd give it even more time. Call of Warhammer took forever for it to work for me

Ok, well waiting did seem to fix it. Thanks for the help

+rep for you good sir

Domesticus

Yay! ^__^ Glad to have helped!

Remember that for all Medieval 2 mods. If they have a new map, they take a while to load the first time to start a campaign, because its like, unpacking it or loading it or something along those lines

Be sure to tell me how awesome the mod is I aint got it yet

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

The mod is kickass. Nuff said. long live the Imperium Romanorum!
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Masterdindin View Post
    Hello,

For some reason when I try to launch the Conquestus Britannae II campaign, the cursor just spins around, but the campaign doesn't load and the game freezes. If it helps, I downloaded the Part I and Part II files, and don't have any Invasio Barbarorums installed.
    Yes be patient. The rwm_map is a dummy(as in o mg)so it needs time to regenerate. After that it will lood up immediately

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Riwallon's Avatar Libertus

It did the same to me the first time, be patient it'll begin...

I had to restart my computer, after that it worked fine
    Wyrd bið ful aræd. Fate is fate.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

So I need clarification please. Downloaded part II, but I still need part I?

Its says it cant find kingdom .exe
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Domesticus

^Yep, you need both parts

Dunno about the .exe thing, but that might be because you dont have the first part of the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    ^Yep, you need both parts

Dunno about the .exe thing, but that might be because you dont have the first part of the mod.
    LOL I wrote this late last night... I meant do I need IB2 CB I and CBII? The instructions are unclear to me... if I need "both mods" or not. Please explain
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    LOL I wrote this late last night... I meant do I need IB2 CB I and CBII? The instructions are unclear to me... if I need "both mods" or not. Please explain
    Its a choice Obi Wan Asterix. It can be copied right over the old Britannia first mods three parts or you can download it and install the 2 parts(Part 1 and II) for Britannia II and install it as a stand alone. If you install it as a stand alone, no matter where its installed, It can be started up by the executive in the IB2_Britanniae Folder. A desktop launcher icon is also in that folder and can be also used to launch the mod

The first mod's first mods 3 parts from will send the desk top launcher icon to yourt desk top
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 17, 2012 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Its a choice Obi Wan Asterix. It can be copied right over the old Britannia first mods three parts or you can download it and install the 2 parts(Part 1 and II) for Britannia II and install it as a stand alone. If you install it as a stand alone, no matter where its installed, It can be started up by the executive in the IB2_Britanniae Folder. A desktop launcher icon is also in that folder and can be also used to launch the mod

The first mod's first mods 3 parts from will send the desk top launcher icon to yourt desk top
    Thank you Riothamus! But sadly it doesn't launch for me from either the shortcut or executable saying kingdoms.exe is missing. I just unpacked the mod into my mods folder (its mostly a data file it seems right?) I tried to install Britannia II only... what am I missing from Britannia one then?

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    Thank you Riothamus! But sadly it doesn't launch for me from either the shortcut or executable saying kingdoms.exe is missing. I just unpacked the mod into my mods folder (its mostly a data file it seems right?) I tried to install Britannia II only... what am I missing from Britannia one then?
    IB2 Britannia II two parts
    K.. I think its not installed in the right place

-Extract part 1-Click on mods folder-Copy or paste your mods folder within your Medieval II Total War folder

-Extract part II-Click on data folder-Copy or paste your data folder within your IB2_Britanniae folder

Now try starting up the game. Allow a few minutes for the map_rwm to regenerate. After that it will load up immediately.
    -Delete your entire current install before installing by these directions. Let me know if this helps
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 17, 2012 at 09:19 AM.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Hi

I got the same problem.
    I tried to install CB 2 over the previous version as a patch but that did not work. I tried then to install CB 2 as a stand alone after had completely uninstall the mod but that did not work too. Then I tried the installer. While it allow me to have the full screen the campaign remains impossible to start.

Must be something with the directory folder I did not right although I remember doing exactly what you proposed Riothamus. And I did not change the directory of the installer. By the way is that normal that the installer placed the maximum campaign script folder in my medieval 2 folder and not in the IB2 folder ?
    So could you tell the exact directory folder we should have please. I uninstalled the mod (must be the 7th time) to try again with your proposition and tell you what happened.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    Hi

I got the same problem.
    I tried to install CB 2 over the previous version as a patch but that did not work. I tried then to install CB 2 as a stand alone after had completely uninstall the mod but that did not work too. Then I tried the installer. While it allow me to have the full screen the campaign remains impossible to start.

Must be something with the directory folder I did not right although I remember doing exactly what you proposed Riothamus. And I did not change the directory of the installer. By the way is that normal that the installer placed the maximum campaign script folder in my medieval 2 folder and not in the IB2 folder ?
    So could you tell the exact directory folder we should have please. I uninstalled the mod (must be the 7th time) to try again with your proposition and tell you what happened.
    Hi Anna_Gein

This is an example of my folder setup

C:\ATWConquestus\Medieval II Total War\mods

The Conquestus folder should be listed like this

C:\ATWConquestus\Medieval II Total War\mods\IB2_Britanniae

The data folder should be here -> C:\ATWConquestus\Medieval II Total War\mods\IB2_Britanniae\data

Hope that helps.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    Hi

I got the same problem.

Looks like possible virtual or compatible files issues Anna_Gein.
    If you installed it correctly you may have old compatible files blocking the games new files. Vista and other window will create these virtual-compatible files. I know if I do not delete my compatible files I cannot run a patch or new mod files on my computer. Delete all again-Use the new uploaded iinstaller to install everything-Please look see and let me know if this is the issue.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Indeed I have Vista. I don't know what are those virtual-compatibles files. Where can I find them to delete them ?
    I just ended to download the "regular" (without the installer) version of CB2 (I deleted it when I download the installer). I can try right know with or without deleting the virtual-compatibles files just to confirm if the problem comes from them.

Edit : so I'm gonna try again with the installer. Can I use the installer I downloaded yesterday or is there a new version ? I will use this direction : C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War as the installer give me by default.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; December 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast