Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: OOC thread

Ownager's Avatar Senator

Default Re: OOC thread

What exactly is YATS? I saw the rules, but they didn't help me. How do you become a senator? Is there a game linked to this? Am I posting on the right thread?
    "It is the part of the fool to say, I should not have thought." -Scipio Africanus

"We will either find a way or make one." -Hannibal Barca

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

You start as a Senator, because RPing the requirements to become a senator would take a long time, and when you aren't a senator you can't do much in this game.

As for what is YATS. It is a multiplayer After Action Report with Role Playing aspects. Basically we as a group of players debate over what should be done, who should get elected to what positions and of course make political moves against other players. Where applicable this is implemented into a R2TW game save by people in positions of power. R2TW also gives inspiration for events and such.

Anyways the game is hiatus at the moment. Theres a semi active discussion here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...%28YATS%29-WIP

Ownager's Avatar Senator

That is way too cool. Why doesn't someone give it the breath of life again?
    "It is the part of the fool to say, I should not have thought." -Scipio Africanus

Because someone needs to take responsibility and lead the game, also the damn moderators aren't granting local mod rights.

Ownager's Avatar Senator

What is a local mod right? While I can't play it actually, I could definitely debate on stuff. That's my job description.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nota' View Post
    Because someone needs to take responsibility and lead the game, also the damn moderators aren't granting local mod rights.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/profi...editusergroups

Go there and apply to join the "Player: You are the Senate" group which should give you LM rights in the YATS forum (can't think why it would just let you play because I'm not a member and can post here). You'll need to speak to Winter's about accepting your request to join the group but then you should be set.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Cheers Shankbot. I talked to Winter a long time ago about granting mod rights and I got referred to other Mods. Guess he forgot about this automated method? I dunno. Hopefully Taz will see this and get his ass on it soon, if not he's getting a spamming.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Hmm it says he is still one of the group leaders so he should still be able to accept requests.

Are you sure that's a mod group and not just a general player group? A comparable group (GSTK) above the YATS one explicitly states its for moderators whereas the YATS one seems to only mention it is for players.
    That might explain why Winter forgot/didn't mention it.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah I did think that, but I can post here, and I'm not a player of YATS so I don't think that is it - plus I doubt Hex would create a whole Usergroup just so someone could be identified as a player of YATS, and I can't imagine they would get any extra special permissions for playing.

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Thing is, the first problem is location. Is this an AAR or a game? If AAR, it belongs here and admins needs to review this. I know the admins and can take them there. If this is a game, it belongs to the gaming sections and Poach (also admin) is the person to approach.

Second thing is, getting a solid playerbase or gathering interest for this. If there is going to be lackluster participation, then there is no reason for admins to bother creating forums or permissions.

General Retreat's Avatar Policeman Pleb

I'd be up for participating in this if you're looking for players.
    Swords of the Sea: 1066 has come and gone, the Danelaw torn down and a new kingdom built in the image of its Norman rulers. But with time, wounds heal and what is broken can be reforged. The Danes have returned with steel, and seek to reclaim what is theirs.
    The Great Expedition: Pax Anglia, one of Earth's great empires, sprawling across the stars. On their newly colonised planet of Nova Sydney, adventure awaits on the savage frontier - Henry Boyce steps forward to lead an expedition to pierce the Bushlands' wild heart.
    Winter War: Finland, 1939. The Soviet war machine has begun its indomitable advance from the east. Of all its neighbours, only Finland stands alone in defiance. Conscript Anton Bezrukov prepares for a quick victory, but the reality is far bloodier...

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    Thing is, the first problem is location. Is this an AAR or a game? If AAR, it belongs here and admins needs to review this. I know the admins and can take them there. If this is a game, it belongs to the gaming sections and Poach (also admin) is the person to approach.

Second thing is, getting a solid playerbase or gathering interest for this. If there is going to be lackluster participation, then there is no reason for admins to bother creating forums or permissions.
    There were several attempts at getting this started again and it all ended in the endless paperwork machine of TWC. We were unable to receive moderator rights and none of the old moderators felt like coming back to help us. Sad but true.
    YATS: Manius Aquillius Tuscus, 46, Patrician

Citizen

Blog Entries

Have you tired sending a PM to Poach asking for rights to the user group so you can become moderators (if that is what the group is for)?

I was under the impression it was Snape we were meant to spam with emails and PMs. Isn't Peach head of clans and the 'Other computer games' section. I didn't thing we were under his jurisdiction.

Citizen

Blog Entries

The whole RPG section comes under Poach's remit now as it's run by the Gaming Staff.

Ownager's Avatar Senator

I have had it with this thread. Is someone going to take responsibility and restart this? For goodness sake, just play Rome Total War Vanilla. God, how much can you banter when one of the most prospective online games is stuck?

Give me 3 weeks and I MAY be able to take the mod position. Still curious as to what happened with Kubrick and Taz.

Ownager's Avatar Senator

I'll follow you even if you have to run for president. Even if you need to topple the senate. Just DONT LET THIS DIE!

If there's anyone still interested in something like this I'm considering reviving the concept but with Paradox's Victoria 2.