Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: OOC thread

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: OOC thread

Any updates?

Evening all,

Nice to see people making another go of this, consider me game if this gets off the ground

If I had seen that stuff was going on here I would have appeared a lot sooner. How's everyone been?
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

Hey.

We've been trying to get this of the ground for a while but we appear to have run into some admin/moderator problems, or for some strange and completely uncomprehensible reason, they don't want to give local mod rights to Taz and Kubrick.

Okay well I don't know what I can do with the forum as a local mod, sub-forums I think are out of my power. If Taz and Kubrick have already contacted him it might not be the best idea to for me to badger Snape, we all know how hectic it can be here. Is the sub-forum the only thing we're waiting on or do we need other things sorted too?
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

Because this kind of inactivity shows admins that we are totally worth setting up more forums for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

We tried. Countless of PM's have been sent and 85% of those went unanswered. After a month/month and a half of trying both me and Taz gave up.
    YATS: Manius Aquillius Tuscus, 46, Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Gone 2 the Celts View Post
    Because this kind of inactivity shows admins that we are totally worth setting up more forums for.
    Listen to this man, for he is not missing the point. It's not strange and incomprehensible, there is simply not enough of us to justify giving us a forum.

Then why do we have a forum? Why aren't we in the archives?
    Also they can't expect us to be active, nor recruit when there is no game, and no prospective for a game.

Out of nostalgia I'd say.

I'm not saying I agree with the reasoning, just that I can see it isn't a whim. That and they're working on making sure the upgraded Forum is in total working order which takes priority over this. Honestly the only way I can see this getting anywere is if Rome 2 attracts new players and we switch.

What Warlord said. There are probably 6ish of us, so we are not really a huge group asking for something. Once TWC is working at 110%, and TW2:Rome is increasing in popularity, we can attract some more members and convince the admins that we are going to be worth the effort. After that we can just stay afloat, and everything will be fine.
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Well if we are waiting for R2:TW, then we still need to get in working order. Taz and Kubrick, how about PMing one of the AAR mods if Snape isn't responding. Snape is leading the RPG section and we happen to be placed in the AAR forums.

​64 days later...

Lol Yep.
    Still waiting on Kubrick and Taz. I think they may have lapsed in spamming the mods.

So let's have a head count of who is currently interested. We have the two of us, Kubrick, Taz, Warlord, and some new members who expressed that they liked the idea of YATS. I have doubts, though, that we can get the new members to return.

Rome 2 may have a slight jump in appeal for YATS, but that is not a concrete number. I would say we would have between 5 and 10 members. Most likely 5, which is not quite enough to have a whole forum (although we do have one currently, even though the gaps between activity are multiple months)

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Is this dead?

I'd like to join (and eventually become a military leader like Tribunus Militum, Legatus, Consul etc.), but I can't find the Campus Martius subforum where I'm supposed to register.

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Wait for Rome2

Tazgrent's Avatar Ducenarius

I do hope you're prepared for the many replies you're going to get now that you've kicked the hornet's nest of notifications, but yes, this is essentially defunct. I hope it may be reborn someday, perhaps with Rome 2 or Europa Barbarorum 2, but that'd not guaranteed. In either case, sorry this place is so quiet now.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Ok, understood.

Let's try to restart this in September, with Rome II

Shame you couldn't have been here a year or two earlier Bobbyr. See you in September

[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/400x/37799831.jpg[/img]

Edit: Once again, I prove what a failure I am at anything related to the internet. The meme says 'Brace Yourselves... Eternal September is Coming'.