Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shader Tweaks [Faction Color Tint Removal][Depth of Field WIP]

Default Re: Shader Tweaks [Faction Color Tint Removal][Depth of Field WIP]

this is the error i recently got :S

Same here... the zip file seems to be corrupted now...

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeyshot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Duke View Post
    Thanks guys. I'll check it and re-upload shortly.

Are you using Windows built in zip management to copy that? Could be it doesn't like the 7-zip variety of zip compression.

edit: Just downloaded and it's ok for me. I'll put up a 7zip file instead, try that...
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; December 21, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeyshot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Duke View Post
    File is working fine. This is windows error. Unzip file using external program, like Winrar, or 7-zip file manager or similiar, then copy it to game directory.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

That looks to be the case. Uploaded 7z files anyway to avoid that.

Also added the Depth of Field pack to the top post downloads. It's slightly weaker than the one I posted earlier. Still fiddling around with that to see if I can affect the near and far ranges, but may as well release this one for now.

Just tested these and they work fine in separate packs.

No, I' m using winrar and having issue just with that. (I downloaded without problems the other beta version, which is great!)

PS

Now everything works fine
    Last edited by T-Duke; December 21, 2012 at 01:58 PM.

hi kurisu,
    at last we get depth of field back. looks fantastic in battles but unfortunately (on my pc at least) makes the campaign map fuzzy (i nvidia GTX 570 card).
    (I tried to add a screenshot of the campaign map but cant seem to upload a pic)
    your second version which lessened the dof also lessened the campaign map fuzziness.
    i was wondering if you could tweak the dof to remove the campaign map fuzziness or if its possible to create a dof for battlemaps only version.
    this is a great mod and along with the tint removal mod greatly improves visual gameplay. thanks
    Last edited by von stoker; December 22, 2012 at 02:55 AM.

deleted
    Last edited by von stoker; December 22, 2012 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    hi kurisu,
    at last we get depth of field back. looks fantastic in battles but unfortunately (on my pc at least) makes the campaign map fuzzy (i nvidia GTX 570 card).
    your second version which lessened the dof also lessened the campaign map fuzziness.
    i was wondering if you could tweak the dof to remove the campaign map fuzziness or if its possible to create a dof for battlemaps only version.
    this is a great mod and along with the tint removal mod greatly improves visual gameplay. thanks
    Hmm... I haven't even looked at the campaign map since working on the mod, so thanks for pointing that out.

I haven't come across any reference yet to where the effect is applied, only how it is calculated. I'll need to see how bad it is presently and whether that can be mitigated with a more conservative setting. You'll probably also notice that some of the main menu sequences aren't geared anymore for such a strong effect. Most look good, but some have odd near field de-focus instead of far field.

I believe where I have it now is equivalent to the pre-FotS effect strength (on the battle map). What's questionable is whether the scalar I'm using to restore the old look is something CA inserted specifically to lessen the effect or whether that was done elsewhere and that scalar value simply has a coincidental (global) effect on blur strength. I suspect the former, but I need to go back into the old packs and look for changes that may yield more clues.

On that note, does anyone happen to have a copy of the original data.pack from before the recent optimization patch? It's the only old pack for which I'm missing a backup. Specifically, I need the fx directory. I might be able to pull it out of my FotS DVD, but it's in a Steam backup container.

Icon3 Re: Shader Tweaks [Faction Color Tint Removal][Depth of Field WIP]

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    On that note, does anyone happen to have a copy of the original data.pack from before the recent optimization patch? It's the only old pack for which I'm missing a backup.
    I upload the original data fx pack and the first patch fx pack that cames before the shaders_patches packs! And I played myself a little with some fx files, upload too! Used your packs to check that the fx is loaded!

Quote Originally Posted by Superghostboy View Post
    I upload the original data fx pack and the first patch fx pack that cames before the shaders_patches packs! And I played myself a little with some fx files, upload too! Used your packs to check that the fx is loaded!
    Sweet. Thanks Superghostboy

Also, if you look into any of my packs, lines that I've edited in HLSL are all commented and marked with my initials, CLP, for reference.
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; December 22, 2012 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    hi kurisu,
    Haven't had a chance to look for a solution to this yet, but I do agree that it is noticeably soft looking, but only obvious when you do a comparison.

I'm wondering though, was the campaign map view also that soft looking before the boshin patch?

hi kurisu
    as i recall the campaign map was a little fuzzy and i think it was related to dof as it improved with different patches and i assume CA tweaking the dof. your version 2 dof mod improved the campaign map fuzziness quite a bit over version 1 and although i am no modder, i think tweaking the dof roughly the same amount as you did from version 1 to version 2 would probably clear up the campaign map.
    to me it seems if you tweak it to be clear on the campaign map, you will also achieve a good dof on the battle map. thanks again for your good work.

Icon3 Re: Shader Tweaks [Faction Color Tint Removal][Depth of Field WIP]

Sweet. Thanks Superghostboy
    Also, if you look into any of my packs, lines that I've edited in HLSL are all commented and marked with my initials, CLP, for reference.

I notice that the "Shogun2.dll" hold a backup of the shaders.pack,---> Why I am sure? If I replace a shader ".fxc" with a bigger one and repack the "shaders.pack" and delete "fx_cache" then start the game, the game still load to the fx_cache the original one!

How thats possible if I delete all original shaders from the "shaders.pack" and replaced with modded files and the game still have and load to the "fx_cache" the original files!

The game hold a backup only a backup could be the answer why the game still can load the original files!

And here I upload my modded "shader.pack" ---> I replaced only the Directx9 shaders with better one!

Quote Originally Posted by Superghostboy View Post

I notice that the "Shogun2.dll" hold a backup of the shaders.pack,---> Why I am sure? If I replace a shader ".fxc" with a bigger one and repack the "shaders.pack" and delete "fx_cache" then start the game, the game still load to the fx_cache the original one!

How thats possible if I delete all original shaders from the "shaders.pack" and replaced with modded files and the game still have and load to the "fx_cache" the original files!

The game hold a backup only a backup could be the answer why the game still can load the original files!

And here I upload my modded "shader.pack" ---> I replaced only the Directx9 shaders with better one!
    Not exactly following you here, but I'll try testing along those lines.

Are you replacing the pre-compiled fxc file in the shader.pack with one that you've generated yourself? The game may simply not be recognizing that as valid and then compiles a new one using the original (non-compiled) fx file. Or have you also changed the hlsl in the fx file? In that case, I would expect to see some new fxc generated in the cache folder (dissimilar to the original).

I do know that if you delete all fxc routines from shaders.pack, the game will compile everything it needs to run at launch. It takes roughly 12-15 minutes (on my system) to launch in that case. It also seems to compile on the fly (in game) if you change a graphic option which is dependent upon an effect that you've edited (for example, toggle distortion).

There could be backup routines in dll I suppose, but I don't see how that affects us when editing fx files to generate new ones. Or are you looking to speed the launch time for distributed mods and maybe avoid problems with users having to monitor fx_cache? That might be useful in the future if it works.

Things are a little slow here with the holidays. Back to modding shortly.

Also, Happy Holidays

I guess I must be a noob or something, but the dof file created a distracting, ugly blur effect for me (IS that what Depth of Field means?). I didn't leave it in. The NoTint worked fine.
    I have no folder named fxcache in my Shogun 2 directory or anywhere on my computer for that matter. Is that weird?

Anyway, good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciatus View Post
    I guess I must be a noob or something, but the dof file created a distracting, ugly blur effect for me (IS that what Depth of Field means?). I didn't leave it in. The NoTint worked fine.
    I have no folder named fxcache in my Shogun 2 directory or anywhere on my computer for that matter. Is that weird?

Anyway, good job.
    Yes, artificial camera effects aren't for everyone. The goal is to establish a dreamy, film quality look to hide some of the more obvious low quality LOD models at distance and impart a perceived sense of depth. If you owned the game prior to the release of Fall of the Samurai, the DoF effect was deliberately strong as in this mod. As an amateur photographer, I prefer this look, but it could be better implemented.

Check again for the fxcache folder inside your user account folder (not inside the Steam installation). If you can find your save game folder, it's alongside that.

Icon4 Re: Shader Tweaks [Faction Color Tint Removal][Depth of Field WIP]

Not exactly following you here, but I'll try testing along those lines.

Are you replacing the pre-compiled fxc file in the shader.pack with one that you've generated yourself? The game may simply not be recognizing that as valid and then compiles a new one using the original (non-compiled) fx file. Or have you also changed the hlsl in the fx file? In that case, I would expect to see some new fxc generated in the cache folder (dissimilar to the original).

I do know that if you delete all fxc routines from shaders.pack, the game will compile everything it needs to run at launch. It takes roughly 12-15 minutes (on my system) to launch in that case. It also seems to compile on the fly (in game) if you change a graphic option which is dependent upon an effect that you've edited (for example, toggle distortion).

There could be backup routines in dll I suppose, but I don't see how that affects us when editing fx files to generate new ones. Or are you looking to speed the launch time for distributed mods and maybe avoid problems with users having to monitor fx_cache? That might be useful in the future if it works.

Things are a little slow here with the holidays. Back to modding shortly.

Also, Happy Holidays

The important things are inside the .dll! The modded .fxc that I posted was only to show that there is a limitation inside the .dll to avoid to load different .fxc!

For now its not important for me because I enhanced the Graphic with my new Rendering Mod that is now inside Shogun 2 Overhaul Version 9.0! You should try it out! And Samurai that have a new very depth look

Much, much better now!

However, I think they're actually a little too dark now, but almost there. It now happens that when you get closer and they pop, they light up, whereas before, when they popped, they got darker. I notice it especially with warrior monks.

Although, I'd like to re-iterate, this is a great mod, thank you for dedicating your time. With a small few adjustments, it would be perfect
    Get to the trireme!

Man I ing love you. Now i don't have to endure the babyish green, yellow colors . Best of Luck to you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast