Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pom's Mods..new links.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Pom's Mods..new links.

Imperial Splendour : Empire: Total War > Empire: Total War Hosted Modifications > Imperial Splendour

Vanilla models are often horribles and not historically accurate.
    We will use models from NPI of course, but we will try to not use vanilla models.
    Moreover, we wish to create a "coherent" collection of models. This means to replace equipment (crossbelts, etc.), hats, etc.

The process is :
    • 1. to define unit rosters for early, mid and late XVIIIth century
    • 2. to research informations about uniforms depending of unit defined in the roster
    • 3. to create new models, sometime form scratch, sometime using parts from other models

Of course, more model have been created, faster the process is because we can use part from our previous models.
    Most of the time I have to create 4 base models (heavily modified models) that I can slightly modified to create all the other models needed for the faction.
    For example, mid British needed 2 base models for infantry (british line and highlander) that I have only slightly modify to create line officer and grenadier, highlander officer and grenadier and drummer.

But, as we said in France : "le diable se cache dans les détails"
    Last edited by wangrin; January 07, 2013 at 01:13 AM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Hi Wangrin, Joedeck, between us we have covered a large number of the factions, but as Wangrin points out a lot of the vanilla models are not up to scratch for accuracy, but you're doing your best to remedy this Wangrin. Not all of mine are accurate either, but I do try, your's are of a much better standard Joedreck, I envied your units.
    My German States and British all use vanilla models, and so need updating, so I think I will try to do those, but I look forward to IS being completed, I used the original and liked it's aims, as I do now with the new version being worked on.
    Nearing completion on the Hanoverian Guard, officer still to do, been a slow process, but results ok.
    Attachment 259257
    P.S.
    With your new artillery models Wangrin, can we now assign faction specific artillery? I tried before but couldn't work out what DB files needed changing.

Patrician Artifex

Awesome texture, you didn't loose yours touch

About artillery, it is possible to assign specific models depending of faction.
    Primergy wrote a very good tutorial : [Tutorial] How to add a new Cannon Model
    You can also use NPI pack file to find tables but I will try to find time to complete Primergy's tutorial.

It is also possible to only reskin artillery depending of faction, like CA had done with NTW.
    To do this :
    • create a specific directory for the faction you want (example : great_britain)
    • duplicate cannon db tables
    • assign the new texture path in db table

If needed, I will write more detailed informations.

If you want, you can already use new British models. The problem is that they didn't have texture right now (but the UVmap is done).
    I must said it would be particularly helpful because Flikitos is busy with late British and me with modeling and some... trials
    Last edited by wangrin; January 07, 2013 at 01:13 AM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice to see you back, Pom. If you want for the new artillery, I can send you the files that I did for french artillery (La Valliere and Gribeauval), so as to give you a basis for the textures.

Patrician Artifex

The name is not "La Valière", but "de Valière" ^^

Lavalière is a knot for tie :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by wangrin; January 07, 2013 at 02:46 PM.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Here are some units I've mod from Pom's mod.

A mod of a mod.

All in one I've created (replaced some I don't need) 5 line infantry + 5 line grenadiers of standart spain regiments (Castilla, Leon, Sevilla, Granada, Espana) + line infantry of Havana.

Source as usual SYW Project.

Thanks Pom for great job. To make spain was very nice idea.

Last edited by joedreck; January 07, 2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    Awesome texture, you didn't loose yours touch

If you want, you can already use new British models. The problem is that they didn't have texture right now (but the UVmap is done).
    I must said it would be particularly helpful because Flikitos is busy with late British and me with modeling and some... trials
    Thanks, and thanks for the info, I spent ages looking for the right files to amend, will be happy to have a look at the textures for you just send them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Flikitos View Post
    Nice to see you back, Pom. If you want for the new artillery, I can send you the files that I did for french artillery (La Valliere and Gribeauval), so as to give you a basis for the textures.
    Thanks Flikitos, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    Here are some units I've mod from Pom's mod.

A mod of a mod.

All in one I've created (replaced some I don't need) 5 line infantry + 5 line grenadiers of standart spain regiments (Castilla, Leon, Sevilla, Granada, Espana) + line infantry of Havana.

Source as usual SYW Project.

Thanks Pom for great job. To make spain was very nice idea.

Thank you Joedreck, Carricanta talked me into it.

Semisalis

Hey guys ! I need the DM Version of the Spain Mod so hard. I stopped playing ETW because I need it so urgently. I love Spain in the 18th Century ! Would it be difficult to change the Modfiles to fit with Darthmod ? I knownothing about modding but I'm so desperate I would at least try it !

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SgtNase View Post
    Hey guys ! I need the DM Version of the Spain Mod so hard. I stopped playing ETW because I need it so urgently. I love Spain in the 18th Century ! Would it be difficult to change the Modfiles to fit with Darthmod ? I knownothing about modding but I'm so desperate I would at least try it !

Cheers
    Hi SgtNase, I will have a look, but I'm not sure when. I will add a link when done.

Semisalis

Icon7 Re: Pom's Mods..new links.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pom♔ View Post
    Hi SgtNase, I will have a look, but I'm not sure when. I will add a link when done.
    POM you are the best !

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pom♔ View Post
    Hi Wangrin, Joedeck, between us we have covered a large number of the factions, but as Wangrin points out a lot of the vanilla models are not up to scratch for accuracy, but you're doing your best to remedy this Wangrin. Not all of mine are accurate either, but I do try, your's are of a much better standard Joedreck, I envied your units.
    My German States and British all use vanilla models, and so need updating, so I think I will try to do those, but I look forward to IS being completed, I used the original and liked it's aims, as I do now with the new version being worked on.
    Nearing completion on the Hanoverian Guard, officer still to do, been a slow process, but results ok.
    Attachment 259257
    P.S.
    With your new artillery models Wangrin, can we now assign faction specific artillery? I tried before but couldn't work out what DB files needed changing.
    Wow good work! I'm looking forward to this Hopefully its compatible with sponge mod when it's finnished.

RexImperator's Avatar Biarchus

Great to see Pom's stuff back up. It's going on my external drive so that it never get's lost again...hopefully.

Any idea what where that jacobite mod went? Must have the full set!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtNase View Post
    POM you are the best !
    Won't be quick, but will get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by ACMilan88 View Post
    Wow good work! I'm looking forward to this Hopefully its compatible with sponge mod when it's finnished.
    Should be fine with sponge mod.

Quote Originally Posted by RexImperator View Post
    Great to see Pom's stuff back up. It's going on my external drive so that it never get's lost again...hopefully.

Any idea what where that jacobite mod went? Must have the full set!
    Hi RexImperator, you will need to ask madrush, he finished off that mod, should still be about.

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

hi!
    Maybe can insert darth them in the next beta......... are present really great units.
    LG Lupo!

its good to see you back for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    hi!
    Maybe can insert darth them in the next beta......... are present really great units.
    LG Lupo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    its good to see you back for a bit
    Thank you both, have now added a new link for a Darth version, let me know if I've missed anything major as it's been a while since I looked at Darth's stats.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Good to see you back,game misses your modding hope you can make some of your mods compatible with new darthmod 8.0.1

italian link dead plz can anybody repload

have added some new links, good to hear from you.

never heard update from pom

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast