Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8334849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1347

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

Celtic FC: Embarrassed by nothing, offended by everything. Thanks for confirming that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhfGT...OVXd2TkXCz_sY0 BOOM.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Thanks for ignoring my points and yet acting all judgemental. Bravo. You really needed all your academic wit to achieve that.

The only one "offended" were you & him. International friendlies serve no purpose.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Except when it's Scotland hosting Ingerland, or Argentina v. Brazil, or Argentina v. Uruguay, or Brazil v. Uruguay, or Ingerland v. Germany, or…
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Scotland hasn't played England at home for 15 years.

Even for the southamerican cases, it's pretty common from clubs to withdraw their players for friendlies. Or they just pick up a minor knock.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.

Everything you say only confirms my prejudice, sorry Finally got my shirt from the Tartan Army today, seems it has closed now, otherwise I don't see why they did not send it earlier.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Than you are either too lazy or arrogant in elaborating it. Haha. You are so funny.

I've got better things to do than be the spare-time entertainment for some would-be noblejambos. Do one.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; April 08, 2014 at 05:31 PM.

What are you on about? I was too lazy for a pointless discussion, but you seem really offended, sorry that wasn't my intention
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And I also got my ticket for the Nigeria game, just to prove my point

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    What are you on about? I was too lazy for a pointless discussion, but you seem really offended, sorry that wasn't my intention
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And I also got my ticket for the Nigeria game, just to prove my point
    I'm pissed off, tired & hungry. Thats all. So nothing special. Don't take it too personal, sometimes I'm just psyching-out.

I really don't get scathing personal attacks because of the club I support. It was a thread about the championship and I compared Dundee's style with County, which only a pathetic gloryhunter would do....right? No need to talk about it as there is no reasoning behind it and kind-of makes any input redundant.

Anyway, the bottom 6 are extremely tight and every game sees the tide turning - the relegation spot already worked wonders. Even Hibs, for most parts a candidat for top 6, could/would be 11th when they play St. Mirren in a fortnight. Partick will pick up the odd point here and there.

Same for the championship - Dundee & Hamilton at each others throat, but none was capable to go to the jugular in their encounter. Scottish cup semi-finals coming up, too.

Tasty stuff.

Indeed, indeed. Imagine we put Hibs down on the relegation spot by beating them in the last Edinburgh Derby of the season That would even make up for relegation The CS dogfight is fascinating, Falkirk are also back in it after last weekend and Queen of the South still have a chance to march straight up from the Second Division to the top league via the playoffs- that would be some feat.

Oh and not to forget, Brora Rangers won the Highland League last weekend. Goal difference: 109- 13. Oh yes, that's + 96. Stick yer Barcas, Rankers and Bayerns up yer arse!

It wasn't a neutral ground, it wasn't a fair ticket allocation, it wasn't a neutral referee and it surely wasn't United's best performance, but they saw off that new amateur club from Weegieland with 3 goals to 1. Seriously, how bad were those finishes by Daly & Shiels? Not to mention Steve Simonsen, but Ricky Foster was horrible, while Moshni seems to be slower than a 100 year old Kris Boyd.

I *did* say that our Cup run was jinxed. We'll only bother to win all when we face Sellik next year.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Dundee United v. St. Johnstone for the final. Whut.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    It wasn't a neutral ground, it wasn't a fair ticket allocation, it wasn't a neutral referee and it surely wasn't United's best performance, but they saw off that new amateur club from Weegieland with 3 goals to 1. Seriously, how bad were those finishes by Daly & Shiels? Not to mention Steve Simonsen, but Ricky Foster was horrible, while Moshni seems to be slower than a 100 year old Kris Boyd.
    Thought the first half was excellent entertainment - fast paced action in both boxes. I think the hype around Gauld is unjustified for his recent performances, 1 moment in 90 minutes doesn't merit a place above an underrated Dow per se.

Mohsni is quite quick, it's the football he struggles to deal with. Definitly less obnoxious than Sir Elbows, Jiggy Mac.

As for the controversy: Ticket allocation wasn't unfair in my eyes - the SFA just offered one team with bigger demand a bigger allocation. Giving both teams a 50/50 split when one part is unwilling/unable to fill it is a horrible buisness model. Thankfully there were around 20k Utd fans. Fantastic atmosphere, too.

Which kind-of implies the dilemma with the neutral grounds - I'd gladly visit the respective home ground if it avoids that white elephant-dumpinghole Hampden. A game with a 40k ticket-demand has only three viable options and Celtic Park certainly wasn't a better option while Hampden is unavailable.

Well Gauld rarely played recently anyway. Which doesn't make it easy for him to prove his worth, though, especially at his age. Take the Derby at Pittodrie, for example, where he came on as a sub and all the time Rankin, Paton and Gunning pumped high balls up to him he could barely ever win against Anderson or Reynolds- no surprise considering his body size and weight. On Saturday it was only one moment of brilliance, but looking back it might have been the decisive moment of the game.

They should just have chosen the grounds a tad later, not long before the teams for the semi finals were known. I liked Hampden more than Celtic

Both teams in the final deserve to be there. St Johnstone's first ever final after nine semi final defeats, with Stevie May, the No. 17, firing them into it- a fixture to be played on 17 May. Destiny.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssss we've done it!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27048050

The Hearts are having a paaaaartyyyy, the Hibs are in their beds!

And you're still in for the fight for the second division title against us next year.
    СИНДИКАТ!

The toonsers call it ''Championship'' these days...

Another terrific weekend of football.

Motherwell exposing van Dijk & Forster in a 6-goal thriller, while Hibernian loose against 10-men St. Mirren and St. Johnstone win the proto Scottish Cup final. Tremendous game. McCall continues to out himself as the most capable coach in scottish football. The difference between Hearts' Sutton & McCalls Sutton is unbelievable.

The tons win against Dundee sees Hamilton climb to the promotion spot and it continues to be a thrilling fight between them and Falkirk.

Ross County slipping to their deserved relegation-spot. Adams wasted two, bank-rolled squads of players to get beaten by Hearts better U-20. Good.

Pity they can't take Kilmarnock with them. A team consisting of Eremenko & McKenzie playing hoofball with non-contributers like Gardyne & Tesselaar doesn't really show much promise. Last years youngsters achieved a higher points tally that was worth a sacking.

Van Dijk seemed terrible, is his nomination for player of the year justified? I also have major doubts about Boyd in that list, would rather have seen Andy Robertson or Peter Pawlett up there. As for Ross County, I still think they are the best of the pack and will stay up. But right now everyone gets beaten by us Hibs are in a very dire state, couldn't even score past St Mirren with one man more for an hour and they should not underestimate the situation just because they are in 7th place.

As for the Top6, should St Johnstone lift the cup I think Tommy Wright would be a deserved manager of the year.

@Cold_Mac Have a look at tm, the forum's dead

Van Dijk is our beloved golden boy - if our defense is erratic it's down to Ambrose, according to our fans. Would've rather seen Izaguirre or Brown in there.

He was abysmal though. Just blootered the ball up the park in possession/for clearances and at fault for two of the three goals. His tackling is often too rushed and his positioning is inconsistent. Both aspects that will improve massivly with experience & age. Of the two, he is probably the better player but I like Ambrose more. Rarely wastes possession and is superbly composed. Van Dijk is more athletic, a powerhouse and superb in the air.

Overall, his season has been very good & by far our best CB pairing since I've watched us though. Perhabs he wasn't helped by the fact that our CB duo was left to deal with Motherwells 3-4 forward players

I really can't understand how poorly Ross County have been managed this season - their basic wage last season was the lowest with 750 GBP and saw a top 6 finish. Their current team has good championhip players (Kiss), the core of last season bar Vigurs and Adams signed additional 17 players, with 4 strikers that have a total of 3 goals. With a massivly grown wage bill. 2nd least scored goals/2nd most conceded goals. If that isn't worthy a relegation, than what else?

Same goes for Kilmarnock & Hibs basically. All three are examples that loanees are a piss poor investment.

I don't really want any of the other 2 clubs go down - St. Mirren & Partick have a nice crop of young, club-bred players.

If Hibs go down the second division will be insane next year - Sevco, Hearts & Hibs, Raith & Dunfermline.