Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041424344454661 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

MonTeZuma's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Montrose View Post
    The thug that is boyd was sent off No one picks a fight with goodwin and wins.

Rathe Goodwin than Chic Charnley!
    Drink Whiskey and you'll feel better.

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

He was a scary man!

I'll do the table and post the next fixture list tomorrow morning guys.
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Hey, we're getting players in legal trouble! Woooo!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...ed-betting-sfa

We're crooks through and through. Always proud to support the club… no, wait, what?
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Player------------------------Teams Picked-------------------------------Points

Treva------------------------Alloa, Falkirk---------------------------------6

The Great Montrose--------Rangers, Buddies----------------------------4

Danny-----------------------QotS, Plastic Whistle------------------------4

MonTeZuma-----------------County, Annan------------------------------3

Mausolos--------------------Livi, Dundee united-------------------------1

Cold_Mac--------------------Raith Rovers, Pars--------------------------0
    Last edited by The Great Montrose; August 21, 2013 at 09:53 AM.
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Next Fixtures

Saturday
    Celtic vs Inverness CT
    Dundee Utd vs St Johnstone
    Hearts vs Aberdeen
    Kilmarnock vs Hibernian
    Motherwell vs Partick Thistle
    Ross County vs St Mirren

Championship

Saturday
    Alloa vs Cowdenbeath
    Dumbarton vs Morton
    Hamilton vs Queen of the South
    Livingston vs Falkirk
    Raith Rovers vs Dundee

League One

Friday
    Airdrieonians vs Rangers

Saturday
    Brechin vs Forfar
    East Fife vs Arbroath
    Stenhousemuir vs Dunfermline
    Stranraer vs Ayr

League Two

Saturday
    Annan vs Albion Rovers
    Clyde vs Queens Park
    Montrose vs Berwick
    Peterhead vs Elgin
    Stirling Albion vs East Stirling
    Last edited by The Great Montrose; August 21, 2013 at 04:03 AM.
    the dream will never die

after the disappointment yesterday somewhere in Asia, there's at least a brand new PES trailer featuring Celtic:

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

lol that was unexpected, the fact that they have the UEFA licence is pretty much the only thing Pro Evo has over Fifa I find.

Got my ticket for Wednesday night anyway, here's hoping we show this mob what for, they were ing shite.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Outch, that looks bad. Animations are very jerky, especially for a presentation-polished trailer.
    PES used to drive me mad with the complete ignorance of defensive abilities; Get a speed up front & on the wings and you'll just sprint through 4-5 guys as their positioning is all over the place. Used to have a 6-0-4 line up.

@Danny_K: Yesterday was totally coming, the spine is ripped out and unreplaced. The CL squad is gone and its profit left unused. I never want to see Samaras as a lone striker with Forrest on the right again.

@Treva: Your lot are getting it all the hard way, aren't you? Might be a good idea to stay away from folk whose surname is a colour.
    My sincere compassion is with you.

Adds to my current state of depression - its still nearly a fortnight until I finally can play Rome II. Egypt is a stick-on. Athens, Rome & Babylon to conquer.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    Got my ticket for Wednesday night anyway, here's hoping we show this mob what for, they were ing shite.
    But so were you

I can't see the table yet, Andy. But I know that I've picked Livingston and Dundee United so far, winning 1 point. As for next weekend, I'm going with Stirling Albion.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Hawl we made our chances we just couldn't finish our dinner.

Aye yer right there Mac, nobody in that team can fufil the role of lone striker right now it's pretty bad, I still don't get why he played Mouyokolo and Van Dijk. I know Efe is a bit of a bombscare at times but I'd have found a back pairing of Mulgrew and Ambrose much better, at least we know what to expect from them.

Yess guys, got the table sorted lol. A few posts above. Treva tops it with maximum 6 points and Cold_Mac brings up the end with 0 points so far.

The fixtures for this week are also a few above,

Mausolos- Stirling
    The Great Montrose- Ayr
    Danny-Aberdeen
    Treva-annan
    MonTeZuma- Peterhead
    Cold_Mac- Celtic
    Last edited by The Great Montrose; August 23, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
    the dream will never die

MonTeZuma's Avatar Semisalis

Peterhead for me this weekend.
    Drink Whiskey and you'll feel better.

I'll take Aberdeen.

Celtic FTW!

Complete wildcard.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.

I'll post later tonight or, better, tomorrow.

Aaaaah, anæsthetics…
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

We are still waiting, mighty Rangers fan

Some random news from the last 24 hours:

* Formartine slay Elgin City 5-1 to become the first ever HFL team to reach the 3rd round of the Challenge Cup
    * Dundee United await a FIFA decision on the transfer of Damian Casalinuovo, who they signed as a free agent in 2009, with his former club Vélez Sarsfield demanding a fee of 230 000
    * Some more prominent faces for the Lower Divisions as Colin Nish and Hugh Murray join Dumbarton while Gary Naysmith becomes an East Fife player
    * Mickaël-Antoine Curier, meanwhile, has joined Hamilton Accies for a THIRD time
    * Finally, surely the most important news, Tony Macaroni now sponsors Livingston!
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Told you elgin would lose

Dumbarton really have come far in recent years and with this squad should be looking mid table -maybe even challenge for the title or promotion- and Ian Murray should get a lot of credit. Absolutely gutted about Shuggie moving to them only 2 weeks before we would have seen him again

We are all Hugh Murray

Also I'd have taken antoine-curier at St.Mirren to be honest, would have made decent back up.

If I'm not too late I'll pick Annan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    @Danny_K: Yesterday was totally coming, the spine is ripped out and unreplaced. The CL squad is gone and its profit left unused. I never want to see Samaras as a lone striker with Forrest on the right again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac
    @Treva: Your lot are getting it all the hard way, aren't you? Might be a good idea to stay away from folk whose surname is a colour.
    My sincere compassion is with you.
    Don't worry, we can do better. And we can do worse, as last year's events show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac
    Adds to my current state of depression - its still nearly a fortnight until I finally can play Rome II. Egypt is a stick-on. Athens, Rome & Babylon to conquer.
    I'm currently playing a Seleucid campaign. So you're an Egypt fanboy, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    We are still waiting, mighty Rangers fan
    Mock ye not a convalescente persone!
    СИНДИКАТ!

Cold_mac absolutely despises the Seleucids, Treva. Then again, he despises many things and persons But I just downloaded a new biography of Antiochos IV, and it was totally legal! The problem being that I had to download one chapter after another (it had 20 chapters) and that I had to rename and resave them all. But it's still for free, so I shouldn't complain.

And no, you aren't too late at any rate.

@Andy

Aye I hoped that, but to be fair Formartine also have a good financial backing. In the next ground they go to Annan... that's a fair chance for the semi finals!

• Raith Rovers v Falkirk
    • Queen of the South v Rangers or Berwick Rangers
    • Dundee v Stenhousemuir
    • Annan Athletic v Formartine United

If Rangers can overcome Berwick, they will face their old nemesis Queen of the South, with Rovers v Falkirk likely being another tense affair.

As for the Championship, Dumbarton have only picked up one point so far but if they can play like they did in the second half of last season they should finish in midfield, but I doubt they would be in the promotion race. But yeah, I knew you'd be unhappy about missing him Perhaps you'll meet him next year in the league then, or somewhere in the cups.

Antoine-Curier lastly played in Kazaksthan, where he started all of the games so far, but never scored. But I guess an experienced back up for James Keatings makes sense for the Accies, even though they started with two wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Don't worry, we can do better. And we can do worse, as last year's events show.
    You certainly can do better than a professional player who has a LadBrokes account in his name and bets a considerable on his teams game. Just stay healthy.

I'm currently playing a Seleucid campaign. So you're an Egypt fanboy, huh?
    ἀνερρίφθω κύβος
    Mock ye not a convalescente persone!
    All the best

Cold_mac absolutely despises the Seleucids, Treva. Then again, he despises many things and persons
    1. That would makes you quite special, wouldn't it?
    2. I just hate intentionally irrational doomsingers/fanboys, conspiracy theorist & bad trolls. And skim milk.
    3. Apart from being an idiosyncraig beacon of human civilisation they didn't do that bad, no?

I'd say the Seleucids "real life" faction-standing after 200 years of Diadochoi-wars was, given their starting positiong, dismal and they never established a centralised, economically & military strong state.
    Their peaks were, in the main, due to enormously talented individuals - like the one whose army stood in front of Alexandria and fled once the Roman ambassador threatened them. Don't get me wrong, going by individual exploits they are ahead of ptolemaic Egypt, but they never created a framework that could carry "lesser" leaders like the ptolemaic-Egyptian rulership. Without that, continuity is always at danger and certainly diminished their legacy. Its hard to beat Quin-Shi Huangdi though.

Egypt, after terribly instable first decades and a 20-year interregnum, continually developed to the top spot, until Actium of course. They reached a realm size that was gone for centuries and every icon of the classical antiquity admired them or travelled to witness its wonders. From Herodot, Alexander the Great & Scipio Africanus to Marc Aurel & Konstantinos the Great. A country that is able to lull Alex into not vanquishing its realm has quite substantial advantages. Don't argue with Cicero now!

Its very plausible that at least one of Caesar/Antonius planned, or rather was involved in dynastical plans to combine both empires in some way. At this stage, the Seleucids were dismembered into clientel state for Rome, Egypt and Parthia.

But I just downloaded a new biography of Antiochos IV, and it was totally legal! The problem being that I had to download one chapter after another (it had 20 chapters) and that I had to rename and resave them all. But it's still for free, so I shouldn't complain.
    Is the biography in the library of the university?
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; August 22, 2013 at 04:36 PM.