Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Default Re: Scottish Football 2012/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Your jambo obsession with your war casualties is ludicrous Answered extensivly on tm.de, Celtic had the same amount of war dead, as had many others and the same restrictions.
    I don't get whats so precious about your petty point-scoring about WWI casualties when, by closer look, it all turns out a big, misty-eyed myth.
    Replied, show some respect! Johnny Russell signing for you then? Delighted?
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Replied, show some respect! Johnny Russell signing for you then? Delighted?
    Will do!

Ach, I'm in grumpy mode right now, if we sign Russell thats equal to signing Flood for additional 1m. McGowan/McGinn/Griffiths would be miles better and I think we should do better than those as well.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; May 31, 2013 at 06:47 PM.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

What the… Walter Smith as "non-executive chairman"?
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    What the… Walter Smith as "non-executive chairman"?
    He hasn't really much administration badgets, has he? Pulled you twice up as a manager, chariman is entirely different.
    Whats your expectation on next season? Well, apart from promotion.

You may have good chances for a cup. Yes, the SFL's reserve cup.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; June 01, 2013 at 04:43 PM.

Awwww yeah Ramsdens Cup, we can do it! St. Mirren might pip us to one of those, mind you. You heard it first on Treva Radio.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Speaking of cups, the Junior Cup final is on BBC Alba later today Linlithgow v Auchinleck Talbot, both teams are unbeaten this season and won their respective leagues!
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

Paul Mcgowan has signed a new contract!!!!! One of the best players in the spl outside Celtic.
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

My .gif in the English fitba thread is better.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Yeah I'll give you that one..
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Awwww yeah Ramsdens Cup, we can do it! St. Mirren might pip us to one of those, mind you. You heard it first on Treva Radio.
    Still stands.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Still stands.
    Expected me to oppugnate your claim?
    If you, with a wagebill of 8m, don't win against clubs that, in the best case, get 70k of prize money, then you should magnanimously resign from football.

Same counts for the Scottish Cup - Hearts administration is on their way with new tax-bill & Dundee United are, thanks to FIFA, penniless, Hibernian are on the verge of losing their life-ensurance and Motherwell is falling apart....We might sign Johnny Russell to partner Stokes.....but thankfully your managment team is still the same.

Next season will be very, very tough for us. 60+ competitive matches to be played.

One team I expect to surprise (that means, Top 6) is Aberdeen. Constantly in depression, with the bestest fans ever, look to be hard to beat. Still a Keeper, leftback and one winger necessary.
    McInnes never had a striker equal to McGinn.

Andy, whats your take on Harkins? You might have some player on your hand there....for 3 games in all season.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; June 03, 2013 at 08:09 PM.

Paul McGinn rejects St Mirren for Dumbarton.

Humphrey going to Preston for his family.

Russell seemingly on his way to Derby, with Goodwillie returning to Tannadice. Also, Queen's Park teenagers Aidan Connolly and Andy Robertson have joined the Tangerines.

Gregg Wylde to sign for Motherwell or Aberdeen.
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; June 04, 2013 at 08:05 AM.

Expected me to oppugnate your claim?
    If you, with a wagebill of 8m, don't win against clubs that, in the best case, get 70k of prize money, then you should magnanimously resign from football.
    And deprive your lads of their main reason to exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac
    Same counts for the Scottish Cup - Hearts administration is on their way with new tax-bill & Dundee United are, thanks to FIFA, penniless, Hibernian are on the verge of losing their life-ensurance and Motherwell is falling apart....We might sign Johnny Russell to partner Stokes.....but thankfully your managment team is still the same.
    What 'bout Caley?
    Next season will be very, very tough for us. 60+ competitive matches to be played.
    38 league, a few in the Cups… I get to 50, but not to 60+ unless you're planning on getting to the UEFA Cup final.
    СИНДИКАТ!

And deprive your lads of their main reason to exist?
    Those poor souls won't be missed. By me, at least.
    What 'bout Caley?
    Never had much of a cup-run and may struggle to keep their form. Lost one of their key players but otherwise kept their team together.

We'll see.
    38 league, a few in the Cups… I get to 50, but not to 60+ unless you're planning on getting to the UEFA Cup final.
    Worst/best case - 38 league + 6 CL qualifiers + 6 EL/CL group + 5 SC + 4 LC = 59. Easy, even with constant fails at math exams. Not counting glory-friendlies and the horse****s in the last 16 of EL.

A few (about 10) slip-ups guaranteed, possibly in LC/SC. If we sign Doyle & Russell, I'll be in constant depression. As close as you can get Neil Lennon's playing style into strikers.

Mick McManus close to signing for D Utd.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; June 05, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

You can just do what we did in 2011 and get knocked out of the European competitions at your first try in both.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Stephen mcmanus would be a great signing for any spl side outside celtic. Would love him at St.Mirren.

Dont really have much of an opinion on the red away one, it is okay I suppose... However the yellow 3rd kit - which we will probably not wear in a competitive game - is amazing!!! Definetly the strip I'll be buying. Nice simple design and looks class. Add this to the news of harkins recent signing and its been a very good week for us.
    the dream will never die

For me that yellow one looks like a German UHU glue stick Cold_mac will know what I mean (google Uhu Klebstoff). Not really great, but if you like it...

I think its because it's so different to anything we've ever had before. Just a shame we probably wont wear it much if at all.
    the dream will never die

You can just do what we did in 2011 and get knocked out of the European competitions at your first try in both.
    Ah, yep...the possibility is there.
    We won't, though. If we **** up, we do it domestically. I'd pay for your season ticket (you should have, for that price) if we go out against Gyor, New Saints, Ludogerets, Sligo Rovers, Karagandy, Skenderbreu, Birkira or Cliftonvolle.

I expect a low-scoring, clean win to 3rd qualification round, when, again, our opponents are likely to be made of Sheriff, Maribor, Elfsborg, HJK or Ekranas.
    Keep in mind that the abomination of Mo Bangura is the big star of Elfsborg, costing them 1.000.000 GBP.

In the mind and set-up we operate on, we would rather loose the SC, LC and 10 domestic matches than loose to 2nd/3rd round qualifiers. Our scouts are likely to have watched them a few times by now.
    Unfortunately, we will loose most of our good players in this process. Fortunately, none (except Wanyama & Wilson) are irreplaceable.

Hope you enjoy your Ramsden & League Cup glory.

@Mausolos: Looks like leaving Gütersloh might be the best by now....
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; June 05, 2013 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    For me that yellow one looks like a German UHU glue stick Cold_mac will know what I mean (google Uhu Klebstoff). Not really great, but if you like it...
    What's this? I do not countenance the possibility of people not knowing what an UHU stick is.
    Ah, yep...the possibility is there.
    We won't, though. If we **** up, we do it domestically. I'd pay for your season ticket (you should have, for that price) if we go out against Gyor, New Saints, Ludogerets, Sligo Rovers, Karagandy, Skenderbreu, Birkira or Cliftonvolle.
    We can always have bets with them in mind.
    I expect a low-scoring, clean win to 3rd qualification round, when, again, our opponents are likely to be made of Sheriff, Maribor, Elfsborg, HJK or Ekranas.
    Keep in mind that the abomination of Mo Bangura is the big star of Elfsborg, costing them 1.000.000 GBP.
    HJK? The Finns might be the best in the world at cursing and the second-best at ice hockey (after Sweden) but their footbal isn't comparable to the other teams'.
    In the mind and set-up we operate on, we would rather loose the SC, LC and 10 domestic matches than loose to 2nd/3rd round qualifiers. Our scouts are likely to have watched them a few times by now.
    Unfortunately, we will loose most of our good players in this process. Fortunately, none (except Wanyama & Wilson) are irreplaceable.
    Even those are replaceable, or they would be with a sane FA.
    Hope you enjoy your Ramsden & League Cup glory.
    And FA Cup, too, we'll be the first team to win a domestic quadruple, mark my words.
    СИНДИКАТ!