Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Default Re: Scottish Football 2012/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post

If not, I'd go for Lennon away to xyz club in England. Every Jambo wouldl blame us for ending the 1903-hoodoo - first game to support Celtic, Mausolos?
    First Scottish Cup Final not to watch And it's 1902, please!
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    First Scottish Cup Final not to watch And it's 1902, please!
    Ah, the hardman's boycott-way.

Its one of your most loathed teams getting beaten and embarassed, why don't you want to watch this? Its impossible that both team win.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Ah, the hardman's boycott-way.

Its one of your most loathed teams getting beaten and embarassed, why don't you want to watch this? Its impossible that both team win.
    But it's also impossible that both teams lose Maybe a comet could hit Hampden and is has to be cancelled...so we are STILL cup holders!
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

We should all support the cabbage, if only just to cause chagrin to a poster here.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

Just to let you guys know, Blackandwhitearmy - our fans forum - has the poll results in and thommo has been given the player of the year for blackandwhitearmy with teale and mcgowan runners up.
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Quote Originally Posted by andysmfc13 View Post
    Just to let you guys know, Blackandwhitearmy - our fans forum - has the poll results in and thommo has been given the player of the year for blackandwhitearmy with teale and mcgowan runners up.
    You really like old players... probably Thompson will still win it when he's 76!

For Hearts I have no idea who could be player of the year. I can't think of anyone who would deserve it

We did the vote like Eurovision, giving 12 points for your best player and then going down to 1 point. I gave my 12 to teale.

For Hearts... hmm... Cant think of a stand out player. I like Taoul.
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Taouil is rank I'd still say Webster is the most consistent performer...

Something I talked about with my mate from Aberdeen yesterday- everyone should get this!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I may just do that!
    the dream will never die

I may just do that!
    The 4-6-0, Scotland's greatest invention... by the way, today is the commemoration of the Union (1707) and German tv puts Braveheart on! Well done

I cant wait to go to away games with the tartan army. Should be amazing! And haha Braveheart gets too much stick, I thinks its decent
    the dream will never die

Did you register? I was in Brussels last year but had to watch on the screen at the Atomium

Aye, historically it's pretty wrong, but this ending is the most epic final scene of a film ever :

Yeah, not been to an away game yet though. Hopefully soon.

And yeah its pretty inacurate, I like the bit with the Irish.
    the dream will never die

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Yeah, WW had a pretty close link with some Irish clans, with his bannerman Ferdiad.

Braveheart is of cinematic quality but lacks a real connection with the historical WW. Apart from the obvious french kissed queen, the lack of a bridge for the Battle of Stirling Bridge & Gibsons meagre height, the sentimental "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM" instead of "kiss my scottish arse, thats the best you will do in your whole life" or Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili.

His education in a wealthy abbey, with an ambitious bishop teaching him 6 languages and his likely mercenary longbow-time in English forces (only alternative would be for France, which is unlikely) against Wales is certainly interesting. It seems that even his crest included a longbow. Andrew de Moray should have been included, he merited a place. Without him, WW was lost as a commander.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Yes De Moray should have been included. John Brown is making a full of himself now, supposedly we are now the titanic with Thommo at the top of the boat. And also he's offered to buy some of our players when we are relegated. Can't wait for this weekend to make him look like even more of a fool.
    the dream will never die

Yes De Moray should have been included. John Brown is making a full of himself now, supposedly we are now the titanic with Thommo at the top of the boat. And also he's offered to buy some of our players when we are relegated. Can't wait for this weekend to make him look like even more of a fool.
    Well it is funny But you'll get an easy win on the weekend to send them done...

De Moray indeed lacks in Braveheart, but I think the film was quite important in raising an awareness and love for Scotland in other countries

Lets hope so.

You mean before Braveheart people didnt love us?
    the dream will never die

Lets hope so.

You mean before Braveheart people didnt love us?
    No, I mean... I dunno! But I'd say it just made some people aware of Scotland and its beautiful landscapes and dramatic history, even when it was simplified in the film. Time and again I hear people saying they like Scotland or follow Scottish football since watching Braveheart, especially those born in the 80s who saw it as children or teenagers when it was still new. Thus it had a big impact, at least in Germany, but I'd guess it was similar in some other countries.

Yeah haha .

Btw Not to bring up sore memories of the cup final but this is well worth a watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXLBLwJSnT0 We Chick presenting it is good aswell.

Mausolos see if the jambos go bust, will you become a buddie?
    Last edited by The Great Montrose; May 02, 2013 at 02:41 PM.
    the dream will never die

Which final? I only see a video made up by St Mirren fans because they have never won the League Cup yet!

Seriously, Vlad's company is now officially and finally fecked which means we are fecked as well. 15 million of our debt are due to UBIG, now the fan consortium will have to pay that when buying the club