Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Scottish Football 2012/2013

Quote Originally Posted by andysmfc13 View Post
    Jamie is just annoying. He hurt Brann . And I dont really like any of the lannisters except tyrion of course.

Little finger always seems shady. Not sure what to think of him.
    Its different from show to books though, Robert is much more likeable in the show.
    In the books, he is, basically, a lesser competent Henry VIII. A child-murdering, superficial bully that turns into a bloated pig.

I'm a huge admirer of the Targaryens in the book, so disliking the Lannisters is much appreciated.
    Despite this - Jamie had his valid reasons for killing Aerys II. as he was going to melt the whole city down with wildfire.
    Who is your bet on the next one to be slain?
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    So, just a 20m loss? Might be a fifth of Liverpools deficits. Or a tenth of QPR's.
    Never mind 'successful' Pompey under 'Arry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac
    Now, he got paid to write this knowledgeable, intelectual & witty piece, worthy of a Pulitzer.
    That's depressing, I'd better write the piece on why Barça deserves to win for being Barça and flog it to a few newspapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac
    I'd be really surprised if you ain't a Game of Thrones fan as well. Hodor as your favourite.
    I don't watch Game of Thrones. I waster too much time going to class, can't even read as many webcomics as I'd wish.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

Hopefully the king is the next to die. That is the king in the south, not the king of the north.
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

It is a smashing programme.

In other news Charlie Green is to step down from the zombies, it's all going topsy turvy again.

And it looks like Samson will be leaving in the summer
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

He's shite anyway.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

He's alright I think. Randolph is a bit overrated in my opinion, Samson should thus be a pretty decent replacement.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Hopefully the king is the next to die. That is the king in the south, not the king of the north.
    Must...resist....to spoil....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    He's alright I think. Randolph is a bit overrated in my opinion, Samson should thus be a pretty decent replacement.
    Spot on. Struggles a bit at handling, with some erratic positioning but good reactions & organisation.

Don't get the love for Randolph from many SPL fans.
    I don't watch Game of Thrones. I waster too much time going to class, can't even read as many webcomics as I'd wish.
    If thats true - expect a wind-up - I may have to think about our love.
    What comics are among your favourites?
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.

Look, I can just go to TVtropes and copypaste all relevant data if you need spoilers.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Spot on. Struggles a bit at handling, with some erratic positioning but good reactions & organisation.

Don't get the love for Randolph from many SPL fans.
    Aye, even though I admit that he has improved this season, but Samson is not too far away from him in standards of quality. And I just wanted to say, the last sentence you quoted was Treva's, not mine

Btw, I'm glad that I actually managed to establish a Scottish football thread on TWC I remember there wasn't much activity here in the first days and weeks, but now we've got some regular posters and the Scots have successfully infiltrated another place- wahey!
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

As if it took that much effort to find otu what webcomics I follow, one's too obvious, eh?
    СИНДИКАТ!

Aye, even though I admit that he has improved this season, but Samson is not too far away from him in standards of quality. And I just wanted to say, the last sentence you quoted was Treva's, not mine
    Excuse moi.

Btw, I'm glad that I actually managed to establish a Scottish football thread on TWC I remember there wasn't much activity here in the first days and weeks, but now we've got some regular posters and the Scots have successfully infiltrated another place- wahey!
    We're raiding the virtual shores like Harald Hardråde - You should see Treva trolling in the EPL thread.

Today is comparative-day; All Celtic-CL gloryhunting seems vindicated when you read from various communities of EPL supporters agreeing, that it shows a lack of ambition to join Bayern München/Juventus instead of the mighty Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City. Its nearly as good as GermanBear going in perma-rage mode with obsessive conspiracy-spam as default option, when called by precious, sweet nicknames.

On topic - yesterdays game followed the glorious pattern of Hibs : Aberdeen games and was almost as bad as Stoke - Fulham.

One for the semantic scholars - are comparative arguments essentially arguments or more associations drawn upon an imaginary line of consensual agreement?

Yep we now have 4 regular posters
    the dream will never die

Yeah, thanks to all this yoghurt.
    СИНДИКАТ!

You'll need to make a new one soon when this seasons over, but you'll need to be nicer with what you say about the buddies now that we've actually won something although our league form is still hopeless.
    the dream will never die

You'll need to make a new one soon when this seasons over, but you'll need to be nicer with what you say about the buddies now that we've actually won something although our league form is still hopeless.
    As always I will take the piss at every team But yeah, you be right, we need a new thread, damn! Four regular posters and Danny_K_1 is also here sometimes, add to that some visitors and it's not tae bad!

@ Cold_Mac

Yeah, as I said I don't understand why Aberdeen- Hibs is always televised, why the New Firm (Aberdeen- Dundee United) is never.

The last 9 Aberdeen- Hibs games: 9 goals
    The last Aberdeen- United games: 28 goals

That can't be coincidence, so PLEASE ESPN/Sky, learn from it!

Yeah I heard last nights game was terrible. Tv never seems to pick the good games to televise

Forgot about Danny. Make that 5 posters.
    I will be heading through to Edinburgh next week for our game against Mausolos's mighty jambos. Hoping we get to sing a few songs about the cup win Since its only a fiver I think we'll take 1000 through.

When Jim, went up, to lift the league cup, I was there, I was there!!
    Last edited by The Great Montrose; April 23, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
    the dream will never die

Yeah I heard last nights game was terrible. Tv never seems to pick the good games to televise

Forgot about Danny. Make that 5 posters.
    I will be heading through to Edinburgh next week for our game against Mausolos's mighty jambos. Hoping we get to sing a few songs about the cup win Since its only a fiver I think we'll take 1000 through.

When Jim, went up, to lift the league cup, I was there, I was there!!
    And sadly I was there as well 1000 St Mirren fans would be a decent away support, but be aware of in-form John Sutton!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    just kidding

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Celtic reducing their adult tickets by a sizable amount as a reward to their fans. Probably just doing it to spite Rangers, since they know they can't do that

I always liked John Sutton, good first division player. Never really done it for Hearts has he?
    the dream will never die