Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1742575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1347

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Scottish Football 2014/2015

Should is not the same as will.

Bliadhna ùr mhath!
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

That was better I happily take the point in this case.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

We pull away from the Hibees and soar away into the promotion fight.

Sellik are second? Even if they have two games in hand, they're growing… complacent.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Great! Club is sold again! Nothing is too ridiculous for the mighty 'Gers!
    СИНДИКАТ!

It gets ever more confusing. Mike Ashley vs Dave King vs Robert Sarver... who's offer is apparently ''undervalue'' for a club that currently only consists of ever new loans
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

The Hibees are doing their best to pull out of our way.

J Cummings (12, 39, 42) J Baird (18) [OG] L Craig (59) P Grant (65)

Seriously, lads?
    СИНДИКАТ!

Can anyone explain what happened today?
    СИНДИКАТ!

Yeah Robbie Neilson has offered his resignation after Hearts failed to score for the last 16 minutes of the match. Samefur dispray!

Sellik are doing this on purpose, aren't they?
    СИНДИКАТ!

Ask cold_mac. I think the problem is that Celtic are used to beat their opponents by high margins these days, but St Johnstone don't do clear defeats (in the same way they don't do high wins either).

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Sellik are doing this on purpose, aren't they?
    Doubt it will matter though. Our form, since the turn of the year, has been almost flawless and I can't see any major repercussions from this. It really is an amazing turnaround that this year might be the first treble year since 2001 despite the biggest challengers and bleak first half of the season.

We had an enormous energy drain with the Inter & Aberdeen-games and finally had to rotate. Even Wakaso played. So in one way we paid the price for our settled XI as our reserve was lacking match fitness and struggled against a decent St. Johnstone performance. The loss was still unfortunate - Swansons goal was a stunner and regarding chances, the game was at least even.

This lack of cover for certain positions is concerning though - despite our 30+ squad. Johansen is just not a sitting midfielder and Bitton too vital for our shape. Mulgrew has been out for almost half a year now which leaves us with just Bitton & Brown. Same with Griffiths - has to play. Guidetti has chucked it and hasn't performed in.... a lot of months (excluding one shot vs Inter) and Scepovic is a misfit. Stokes is adequate in Deila's inside-forward role but never carries the team and remains infuriating.

This season has quite a lot of decent sides outside of St. Mirren and Ross County. Next years development will be interesting to see when Hearts (& Hibs?) are promoted.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

From what you've posted, I think you have a surfeit of players, or at least an unbalanced lot.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    From what you've posted, I think you have a surfeit of players, or at least an unbalanced lot.
    Spot on with both assessments.

4 Strikers - 1 plays.
    9 Attacking midfielders - 3 play.
    4 Sitting midfielders - 2 play.

17 for 6 positions.

Our back 4 in comparison consists of 6 players, with only 1 left back.

Do you have any hopes left for Rangers being promoted this year, Treva?
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

If the system weren't so moronic, yes. There should be a play-off stage so that the other clubs have a chance, otherwise you can get Dundee-Hibernian, Rangers-Hearts, etc. occupying the top two spots.

But, as the system is moronic… no, not that much. But there's a couple games in hand for us. Of course, that's part of the problem, the system's moronic. Teams get wasted by not having a winter break even when most of the pitches are waterlogged or snowed under.

I get the feeling that mighty Sellik might have beaten Inter if it hadn't been for their keeper's mistake in that rollercoasting first half in Glesga.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Hearts 10-0 Cowdenbeath.

Cowdenbeath 0-0 Rangers.

Are they really that similar? Really?
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; March 08, 2015 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Hearts 10-0 Cowdenbeath.

Cowdenbeath 0-0 Rangers.
    We're the big team and that counts. Everyone wants to be the ones taking points off us and all the pressure gets into our players' heads. And there's not Ally to deal with that, either…

You should've seen what it was when River Plater were relegated just the one category…
    СИНДИКАТ!

The big team? Just big enough to see you through the field glasses down there in the table, I would say

Also, what do you make of the great ''regime change'' at Ibrox? Dave King and Co. certainly seem to care more about the club than the Whyte's and Ashley's, but will it be that easy? I saw they try to freeze the Sports-Direct board members now, but on the other hand Newcastle United have voted to make Rangers a feeders club, thus I can't seem them giving up so quickly. And in the last three years there was always another figure which would appear and scupper the ongoing process. But I'm only an outside spectator so I'd like to know what you think, as a Rangers supporter.

Scotland is already England's feeder league system. As a supporter, I think they'd better keep a hand on things. Maybe not wasting so much money would be a good starting point.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Unsecured zero-interest loan for one year? What's the unspoken agreement?
    СИНДИКАТ!