Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18435859606162636465666768
Results 1,341 to 1,347 of 1347

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

Default Re: Scottish Football 2014/2015

Rangers lose in the first leg of the playoff final. Likelihood of if they don't turn over the 3-1 deficit that the SFA will try to make a new rule to fast track rangers into next seasons SPL?

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by nemgod View Post
    Rangers lose in the first leg of the playoff final. Likelihood of if they don't turn over the 3-1 deficit that the SFA will try to make a new rule to fast track rangers into next seasons SPL?
    Of course.

It has happened what seemed so unlikely 3 years ago - most clubs are doing fine, Rangers, in whatever incarnation, struggle competitivly & financially and might loose their self-determination akin to the playmobil-league down south. Doncaster has even managed a sponsorship despite his baffling incompetence. If they fail to get promoted, they won't get promoted. Simple as that.

It might be for the better if they can't beat a bad Motherwell side at home. Another season of Alloa & Livingston beckons.

Enough of that - who was this season's most positive surprise? Hearts? Dundee?
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Well, Motherwell was very clinical today and won 3-0. So that's another season in the second tier for Rangers then, and apparently the SPFL wants to discuss introducing the Danish idea of two 12 team leagues splitting into three 8 team leagues half way through But only for 2016/2017, if it comes...

As for positive surprises, I'd still give Queen of the South a shout and obviously Inverness, who won their first silverware EVER last night. Congrats to them, especially since a LOT of people expected Yogi Hughes to be a failure. We should also not forget about Hamilton's first half of the season and especially Alex Neil's part in it, a man who finished the season and the job perfectly with Norwich in the English promotion play-offs.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Well, Motherwell was very clinical today and won 3-0. So that's another season in the second tier for Rangers then, and apparently the SPFL wants to discuss introducing the Danish idea of two 12 team leagues splitting into three 8 team leagues half way through But only for 2016/2017, if it comes...
    Of course, got to have that nice back up plan if Rangers fail again next season. It's not like the club is useless in the board room and liable to fall again anytime soon.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Nah, nah, never. That's like saying Bilel Moshni is a criminal!
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Malmö FF ...

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Well, Malmö appear to be doing quite well, aren't they?
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.