Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15405556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1347

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Default Re: Scottish Football 2014/2015

But we are auld
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

If you had any international titles…
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

We were World Champions in 1901/1902

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/190201021.html
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

And the 'Mericans call their Baseball championship 'World Series'.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

And the Rankers claim their club is older than two and a half years

We've never been relegated and have won every single league tournament we've played. How about your club?

St. Andrew's Day tomorrow. Yaaay!
    СИНДИКАТ!

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Well, we're truly established as the quintessential winner of royal british-competitions.

The Empire Exhibition up front, with the Coronation Cup backing it up.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Back then, did you also play with 12 men?
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; November 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM.

Okay, we're back in Kindergarden. Pathetic trolling. Be better.

The best thing for Hearts is that the penalty gives them a ready made excuse for the pumping they were probably going to get anyway. Red card isn't even debatable and made it a cake walk.

But it's all a conspiracy, etc etc.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; November 30, 2014 at 11:42 AM.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.

That already made you explode? Calm down, you might get banned, like Gollum and Guidetti should be...

Well, I saw your original Mafia-post, not the edit I'm calm. Done with blame-the-referee crap and all the cooked up conspiracies.

2 of the 3 big decisions were right. Brown might have gotten away with a number of niggly fouls though. Neilson set his team up along the 80's rule of "sorting them out" within the first 10 minutes. Didn't work.

Perhabs just a bit malty because of how thoroughly average we are. Even when helped by a numerical advantage over an lower-league opponent we aren't good. Capitalise on set-pieces. Not just this game, set-pieces must contribute around 60% of our goals.

All hail our xyz-loanees.

Fair enough, you can see I calmed down afterwards then Gollum was certainly not good, though, and while I agree that one can show Gomis red for that challenge, players get away with similar challenges every weekend in Scotland, and that's the background, too.

Still, Deila proved you wrong about the EL already and looks destined for a treble now. Some players also said that you will win the Europa League And Neilson is definitely doing a good job now, we had two let's just say unlucky games against you and didn't care about the Challenge Cup, but in the league we have the best points average in Europe thus far. It should also be considered that we have a rather long list of injuries since the last Derby, our skipper and the (up to then) league's top scorer among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Fair enough, you can see I calmed down afterwards then Gollum was certainly not good, though, and while I agree that one can show Gomis red for that challenge, players get away with similar challenges every weekend in Scotland, and that's the background, too.
    That's a lamentable state but it doesn't change the lunacy of a two-footed challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Still, Deila proved you wrong about the EL already and looks destined for a treble now. Some players also said that you will win the Europa League And Neilson is definitely doing a good job now, we had two let's just say unlucky games against you and didn't care about the Challenge Cup, but in the league we have the best points average in Europe thus far. It should also be considered that we have a rather long list of injuries since the last Derby, our skipper and the (up to then) league's top scorer among them.
    I don't know how we proceeded to the knockout stages. We were battered in each game. We'll still see Bitton benched after being the best performer today though.

Yeah, Neilson seems to be doing a hell of a job in tandem with Levein. Unrecognisable from last year. Good to see a great club working effectivly towards, if not reclaiming, than at least improvement...even if Rangers won

Forgot to add than your frustration is completly understandable

Yep, you still play Astra at home, though, don't you? Should be an easy win, from their performances in this group so far I'm not sure they are any better than us or Rangers

The Scottish Cup last 16 draw:

Queen of the South v St Johnstone
    Rangers v Raith Rovers
    Dundee v Celtic
    Hibernian v Arbroath
    Falkirk v Annan Athletic or Brechin City
    Stranraer or Dunfermline Athletic v Dundee United
    Partick Thistle v St Mirren or Inverness CT
    Spartans v Berwick Rangers or Albion Rovers

Would be cracking to see a Lowland League team like Spartans in the quarter final

Falkirk should win the Cup.
    СИНДИКАТ!

What a statement.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/c...medium=twitter

Barry Hearn says Scottish football must stop wallowing in self-pity in order to promote a more positive image of the sport and help it flourish. The sports promotion mogul was in Glasgow to talk at the first ever Scottish FA convention at Hampden, which looked at ways to grow the Scottish game when many feel it is in a period of sharp decline. A number of keynote speakers attended including the German FA general secretary Helmut Sandrock, FIFA social media manager Alex Stone and Scottish FA chief executive Stewart Regan.

Hearn, who claims to be the "best in the world" in his field, is involved in promoting boxing, snooker and darts, was also chairman of English side Leyton Orient for 19 years and he outlined his views on the game north of the border and how it could be improved.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "You’ve got to look on football as a whole. Celtic and Rangers will quite rightly fight their own corner and they’ve got an awful lot of power because of the size they are but you can’t forget, it’s all very well looking at a beautiful petal but if the roots are damaged you don’t see a petal for much longer. Attendances are falling across Scottish football. You’re not doing your job properly.

I don’t know all the answers, there’s only clues to the answers. It’s time to start running things with your head held high as a proper pro-active business with young people and dynamic leadership that says ‘these are the rules’.
    And things like interactions with social media, press conferences, up to streaming of your events to a global audience, you’re missing out on opportunities.
    The fact that the Scottish Premier League has no sponsor is... it’s not good. Put it this way, if you worked for me you’d be sacked."

SPFL leader should be independent from influence of clubs; The founder and chairman of promotions company Matchroom Sport, Hearn felt that the current setup of the SPFL, where member clubs take decisions on all aspects of the game, was wrong.

"When the snooker boys used to own snooker, it was dying. They made decisions based on what was good for them.
    Someone needs to be big enough to say ‘We’re making decisions based on what is good for the sport’. You don’t get popular [by doing that] and you need to have that decision –making process, that benevolent despot, that says to the giants of Scottish football ‘There’s a bigger picture here, you need to make this cake bigger’. [Someone who says] ‘We’re building an infrastructure here that will take us to the next level.’
    From an outsider’s view, Celtic and Rangers spend their time saying ‘Can we somehow hijack ourselves into the English Premier League’. Why?

You’re a Scottish football club, you play in Scotland. This isn’t a franchise, it’s a way of life.

Be proud of yourselves. Don’t be a secret. If you don’t believe in yourselves, how can other people believe in you?

Asked if those meant to champion the sport had been lazy, Hearn replied: "Yes terribly lazy. In my view you have done nowhere near enough. You’ve been in the shadow of the English Premier League and I think you’ve always given up to be honest with you.

It’s a bit brutal and a bit of a generalisation but when you think about it if you don’t believe in yourself then how on earth can anyone else believe in you?
    Your imagery is not good, it is defeatist imagery. It’s completely alien to what Gordon Strachan is preaching on the pitch.
    The blazers are not getting up and doing the job properly. There’s lots of reasons why they are not, one of the reasons is they don’t have enough money to do the job. It’s a chicken and egg, you can’t sell your product if you talk your product down.
    The interaction between fans and media is fundamental to any game, whether you’re talking about darts or boxing or anything.
    When I look at my media team on the boxing, where my son has just taken it to another level, he hasn’t always done it on his own, he’s done it with a young, tireless team of working people that have passion and energy.
    You can’t say ‘today’s a small day, we won’t try as hard’. They are the days you try harder and you have to get that mindset. There’s too many other things for people to spend their money on.

Scottish football should consider bringing back the booze; Alcohol has been banned from Scottish football games since 1980 after violence at the Scottish Cup final.

"It is archaic in today's world, not for a customer not to be able to buy an alcoholic beverage while he's enjoying himself socially at a function or sporting event.
    I have 11,000 of them at the Hydro watching the darts. Believe me they are inclined to have one or two pints between them. What you have to do is make sure they behave themselves and that’s a security issue for you. If you can’t keep your establishment secure, there should be no booze but you shouldn’t have a blanket ban on alcohol throughout Scottish football that has been in place since 1980. People are going to pubs outside the grounds, having a drink then coming into the ground. It’s not fair competition and secondly it’s bad business for football clubs, they are not being allowed to give a good customer experience. If we are all in this together and Scottish football joins as one, that’s the sort of ban that should be, with certain caveats, completely removed.
    The caveats would be you have to make sure people do behave themselves, you can’t say you expect them to as we don’t live in that kind of world."

....but I guess the whole nonsense surrounding Tynecastle is so much more newsworthy than Barry Hearns spot-on assessment.

Smacks of Joe Louis ignoring Jack Johnson's advice ahead of his fight with Schmeling.

Well, Hearn certainly has the self-belief himself he sees lacking in Scottish fitba

Also, it seems burning down Alloa should still be a viable option for Treva

He was obviously regarded important enough to be invited to the convention and outlining basic strategies with reasoning was basically all he was there for. It's a call-out for all the Ewan Murray's out there who piss on the scottish game. And whoever copy/pasted the bloody english league names. Eff this sycophantic pish.

Besides... "Worst SPL ever - no Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Smelltick will have won the title by December" - Mausolos of Caria, this summer.

Poor Rangers. Reached a stage where it's merciful to put the dog down...there's no end for the cycle in sight, too.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; December 03, 2014 at 06:03 PM.