Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

The Dandie Dons for me!

Yep, McPake had a mad tackle again, two-footed without a reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6l2Ecp0S4g

Magic.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

St Johnstone for me!

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

I'll take the fakes as well
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Well, I forgot about this for a second (uniiiiiiiiii!) so I'll take Motherwell for termorrer 'gainst the suddenly coachless Hibees.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

And Treva wins again... what is with Hibs player getting nutmegged? On Wednesday it was Lewis Stevenson (by Ryan), today it was Maybury (by Faddy). It seems like a symbol for Hibs' situation right now, and their feeling. Who do you think will be the next Hibs manager? Or who would be the best?

Peter Grant- first team coach at English Championship side Nottingham Forest under fellow Scotsman Billy Davies. After a dream start to the season, Forest have slipped down to 6th and Grant has signalled his interest in taking the Hibs job. The former Celtic captain and Scotland international had been interested in the Easter Road job two years ago as well, but lost out to Pat Fenlon back then.

Terry Butcher- Bloody Terry has done terrific work at Caley Thistle in recent years and thus the interest in him by Hibs hardly comes as a surprise. However, Butcher rejected job opportunites in England and at other SPL teams before and seems to be very reluctant about the Hibee job. Also, he has stated before that he would love to win some silverware with Inverness before leaving them, and with them being in the League Cup semi finals against Hearts - most likely as the favourites to win it as well- he has a golden opportunity to do that and then leave the Highlanders at the end of the season.

Kenny Shiels- sacked at Kilmarnock in June after too many problems with referees and a poor end to the season, the Northern Irishman knows Hibs godfather Rod Petrie through his son Dean. Shiels said he would feel hounoured to be named as a possible candidate, but didn't say anything more concrete than that. The headstrong advocate of attacking football, who has an eye for young talent, might just be the right man to make the Hibees more exciting again, but Petrie would have to accept fierce debates between himself and Shiels as well as those between Shiels and the SPFL officials.

Those are the three men that have been mentioned thus far- what are you opinions?
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

There's this Alexander bloke who's recently been booted from a London club, perhaps they could hire him.

Otherwise I'd hire Shiels meself.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

If Peter Grant gets the job they are destined for the relegation play-offs.

Utterly incompetent fud.

Ah cold_mac feels the need to slate other people again

I'd also think that Kenny Shiels is a good option. Caley have rejected BBC reports over Butcher agreeing personal terms:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...33249894_n.jpg

You'd be ranting too, if he was responsible for your club - throwing backroom staff members (2 currently employed) off the team bus because he was scared by their influence and came hangover to training sessions. Don't get me started on his treatment of Stephen McManus.

Both Gauld & Souttar have extended their deals to 2018.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; November 04, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    You'd be ranting too, if he was responsible for your club - throwing backroom staff members (2 currently employed) off the team bus because he was scared by their influence and came hangover to training sessions. Don't get me started on his treatment of Stephen McManus.
    Seems fair to me

An impressive win for Aberdeen tonight, though it was a bit too high and Partick Thistle can feel hard done by. But it seems like Partick are quickly becoming Aberdeen's favourite opponent- the Dons had already won the first game against the Jags 3-0 at Firhill, while Partick never lost by more than one goal against any other team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Both Gauld & Souttar have extended their deals to 2018.
    Nah, only until May 2016- which means, they only extended them by 5 months. Maybe a symbolic gesture.

Never mind that. Your Jam Tarts are sure to play against us next year.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Going by the proven immaculate predictions of Treva/Dr. Manhattan - Thats it. You're doomed Mausolos.

I also succesfully predicted that Rangers would win promotion last season and Sellik'd win the league. I'm very good at this.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Eeeek!
    Scottish football will be screened live in China for the first time and to an estimated 60 million people after the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) kicked off its new 10-year, £20 million international broadcast deal with a Chinese partner, First Minister Alex Salmond announced today.

The First Minister was joined in Beijing by SPFL CEO Neil Doncaster and clubs’ representative Peter Lawwell (Celtic) where the SPFL struck the new broadcast agreement with live sports online streaming provider PPLive TV.

The ground-breaking deal covers the live screening of 58 SPFL matches in China, the world’s second biggest economy and fastest growing, as part of PPLive TV’s European football offering that includes coverage of England’s Barclays Premier League and Spain’s Liga BBVA (formerly La Liga).

The agreement, which will see SPFL season 2013/14 fixtures broadcast online to 60 million PPLive TV users in China, is part of an international agreement between the SPFL and MP & Silva that is expected to generate more than £20 million for the SPFL and its member clubs over the next ten years.

The First Minister made the announcement alongside Mr Doncaster and Mr Lawwell at a Scotland innovation showcase in Beijing that demonstrated the expertise and pedigree of Scottish business, design, education and sport during his five-day trade mission to China.

The First Minister said: "This is a hugely exciting development for Scottish football, with 58 fixtures from the Scottish Professional Football League to be screened live in China for the first time to 60 million people through PPLive.

“There is clearly a growing appetite for European football coverage in China and now football fans across this country will be able to enjoy the action from iconic Scottish footballing venues such as Easter Road, Fir Park and Pittodrie.

“There have been some tough times in Scottish football over recent years, but with news today that clubs can look forward to a £20 million boost as part of this fantastic international broadcasting deal, I am confident the fans can look forward to a bright future.”

Neil Doncaster, SPFL CEO, said: "This is a brilliant result for Scottish football and the Scottish Professional Football League. This deal will showcase the Scottish game to up to 60m people across China and opens up a huge marketplace in the world’s fastest growing economy.

“We want to build on this opportunity, not only in China but across other significant global markets, and discussions with several potential partners are ongoing. We aim to significantly raise the profile and popularity of our game among global audiences, with the resultant financial spin-offs and commercial opportunities for the SPFL and our member clubs.”

Speaking on behalf of SPFL clubs, Peter Lawwell, chief executive of Celtic FC, said: "The English Premier League experience shows that giving overseas audiences the chance to watch games week-in, week-out is the key to building an international fan base.

“Celtic FC has already played a leading role in promoting the Scottish game to global audiences, mainly through our recent participation and successes in the UEFA Champions League, and we see China as a country with enormous potential. This deal shows the ambition of the SPFL and its clubs to continue to expand the Scottish game into new worldwide territories."
    Moar TV money.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Me thinks Seltik al populal in China! But if Ching-Chang-Cong give moneyyy to da Scotsmen, me thinks dat is a light decision! Wow that sounds quite racist Was it Derek Riordan then who convinced the Chinese to watch Scottish football?

I think they were taken in by looking at people in skirts.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Player------------------------Teams Picked--------------------------------------------------------------------------Points

Treva------------------------Alloa,Falkirk,Annan,Cowdenbeath,Elgin,Motherwell,Arbroath,Sons,Livi,Well---------21

The Great Montrose--------Rangers, Buddies,Ayr,Pars,DU,accies,Celtic,Hearts,Inverness,Fakes-----------------20

Danny-----------------------QotS, Plastic Whistle,Dons,Caley,DU,Celtic,Accies,Alloa,Fakes------------------------19

Mausolos--------------------Livi, Dundee united,stirling,hibs,alloa,Celtic,Raith,Pars,Dundee,Dons----------------12

MonTeZuma-----------------County, Annan,Peterhead,Dundee,Stenny,well---------------------------------------11

Cold_Mac-------------------Raith Rovers,Pars,Celtic,Falkirk,Fake Saints,Hibs,Hearts,Dundee,Accies--------------9
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Ross County v Celtic 12:45 Aberdeen v Hearts 15:00
    Hibernian v Inverness CT 15:00
    Motherwell v Dundee Utd 15:00
    Partick Thistle v St Mirren 15:00
    St Johnstone v Kilmarnock
    Cowdenbeath v Alloa 15:00
    Dundee v Raith Rovers 15:00
    Falkirk v Livingston 15:00
    Morton v Dumbarton 15:00
    Queen of Sth v Hamilton
    Arbroath v East Fife 15:00
    Dunfermline v Stenhousemuir 15:00
    Forfar v Brechin 15:00
    Rangers v Airdrieonians
    Albion v Annan Athletic 15:00
    East Stirling v Stirling 15:00
    Elgin v Peterhead 15:00
    Queen's Park v Clyde
    the dream will never die

I'll take Queen of the South.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Partick for me.