Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Scottish Football 2012/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    And you are easier to beat than Smelltic Though we don't have Rudi anymore, in the good auld times he would always score a hattrick past your lot

Oh yeah, wasn't that the game where you had 2 men more? Dorman always seemed to be a great player indeed, I remember the peachers he scored against the Hobos and Motherwell.
    We dont talk about that game And yes thank god you dont have rudi anymore always scored against us haha
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by andysmfc13 View Post
    We dont talk about that game And yes thank god you dont have rudi anymore always scored against us haha
    I don't know why, but he disnae do it at United. Hell, instead of scoring against you, he had to see how you put four goals past them Who do you think is your best player these days? Kenny McLean perhaps?
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

I don't know why, but he disnae do it at United. Hell, instead of scoring against you, he had to see how you put four goals past them Who do you think is your best player these days? Kenny McLean perhaps?
    I know tannadice was great, he slipped right infront of us and put the ball out of play haha.

Probably Steven Thompson! kenny is too inconsistent. Paul mcgowan and John Mcginn are both good aswell.

What about hearts best player? I'd say Patterson the young striker?
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

I know tannadice was great, he slipped right infront of us and put the ball out of play haha.

Probably Steven Thompson! kenny is too inconsistent. Paul mcgowan and John Mcginn are both good aswell.

What about hearts best player? I'd say Patterson the young striker?
    Oh dear Mmh true, Thompson is still a decent striker, but the media always mark Kenny McLean as the real deal. Then again, those are the Scottish media...

Oh no, not Paterson, he's actually a right back He couldn't score 1v1 to save his life, though he has got quite some pace. It's probably still Webster, but McGowan has been the most impressive this season, before he left for China But obviously we are skint and if Vlad doesn't sell soon we won't get to see too many good players in a maroon jersey in the near future.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Oh dear Mmh true, Thompson is still a decent striker, but the media always mark Kenny McLean as the real deal. Then again, those are the Scottish media...

Oh no, not Paterson, he's actually a right back He couldn't score 1v1 to save his life, though he has got quite some pace. It's probably still Webster, but McGowan has been the most impressive this season, before he left for China But obviously we are skint and if Vlad doesn't sell soon we won't get to see too many good players in a maroon jersey in the near future.
    Really I thought paterson was good And yes I feel sorry for you Vladamir is crazy and is running hearts into the ground.
    the dream will never die

Really I thought paterson was good And yes I feel sorry for you Vladamir is crazy and is running hearts into the ground.
    Yip He's just lunatic and everyone knows his it. But to be fair Paterson is probably a decent right winger, but McGlynn rarely ever puts him there. Having made his debut with 17 he can't be too bad and the youngsters have to be our future. As you already said, St Mirren seem to have found a gem in John McGinn as well.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

And to all Scottish fitba fans: Nollaig chridheil!
    Belatedly, but why 'chridheil' instead of 'cridheil'?

I thought only the Irish lenited the first letter in adjectives.

/wonders why some people don't have a wall to post in.
    Which team do you support?
    The best, of course.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Snip
    Lol he's definitely had his bad moments, let's just praise the lord above that we have big Forster now. Coincidently the last time St Mirren scored into us, I suppose we've been making up for it since.

Which team do you support?
    I believe he's a Rangers fan. Tsk, tsk.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Great, a buddie!

One thing always interested me - did the 4:0-game go down in Paisley folklore or was seen rather downheaded due to the minor success of your talented squad?
    Don't make me watch those highlights again, don't get me wrong but Zaluska is a nice guy but a terribly insecure goalkeeper with very poor positioning, especially at free kicks and awful timing at penalties or shots...going down so early, made so many central shots trundle in...ah, bad memories.
    Actually had to produce a gigantic shot-by-shot analys to prove this to Mausolos, who is a dreadful judge of a keeper

How are the contract situations of Thompsons etc. are going to work out? Given his long aspiration to play for his team, he should have extended his contract by now?
    Does McLean & McGowan take the same geographic direction as Hooper & Wanyama?

@Danny: Thats great! Its always great for the sport if a new club in the bottom tier has some supporters. Soon they will be up with Alloa, Queen of the South & Morton as the rising stars of scottish football.

Lassad will skelp Cierzniak tonight. Of course, Samaras will get a scorer point, because he is worth it.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; January 22, 2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Belatedly, but why 'chridheil' instead of 'cridheil'?

I thought only the Irish lenited the first letter in adjectives.

/wonders why some people don't have a wall to post in.

The best, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    He seems to be too ashamed of them to name them

Erm that's just a spelling error, I'm not too firm with Gaelic though

Pleased.

Ἀνὴρ ἄβουλος εἰς κενὸν μοχθεῖ τρέχων.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; January 22, 2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    We always do things grandly. Play for the trophies? Sweep up a treble. Win the league? Three times in a row. it's only natural that we should be relegated three divisions in one step. It's tidier, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    @Danny: Thats great! Its always great for the sport if a new club in the bottom tier has some supporters. Soon they will be up with Alloa, Queen of the South & Morton as the rising stars of scottish football.
    Thanks for the love.
    He seems to be too ashamed of them to name them
    Oh, never ashamed. It's strange that none of you smart people corrected me when i said we were the best, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria
    Erm that's just a spelling error, I'm not too firm with Gaelic though
    Chan eil mi, a bharrachd… fhathast.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Great, a buddie!

One thing always interested me - did the 4:0-game go down in Paisley folklore or was seen rather downheaded due to the minor success of your talented squad?
    Don't make me watch those highlights again, don't get me wrong but Zaluska is a nice guy but a terribly insecure goalkeeper with very poor positioning, especially at free kicks and awful timing at penalties or shots...going down so early, made so many central shots trundle in...ah, bad memories.
    Actually had to produce a gigantic shot-by-shot analys to prove this to Mausolos, who is a dreadful judge of a keeper

How are the contract situations of Thompsons etc. are going to work out? Given his long aspiration to play for his team, he should have extended his contract by now?
    Does McLean & McGowan take the same geographic direction as Hooper & Wanyama?

Lassad will skelp Cierzniak tonight. Of course, Samaras will get a scorer point, because he is worth it.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    That 4-0 victory shall be remembered for some time but not as much as the 2-1 victory over the rangers on christmas eve last year.

Think we're working on contracts just now, should see thommos extended since he is a buddie so he's not after money. Mcleans on a long term deal and so we can sell him for good money and mcgowans deal runs out this year and I think he'll be moving on probably to championship level.

I believe we have just got a young portuguese lad in on loan, lets hope he's registered in time to score against you lot on sunday
    the dream will never die

We always do things grandly. Play for the trophies? Sweep up a treble. Win the league? Three times in a row. it's only natural that we should be relegated three divisions in one step. It's tidier, too.
    Yep, but the other clubs don't. So we actually don't have to join Armageddon. Hearts will may do that voluntarily.

Thanks for the love.
    Plenty of love left. We should not focus on our rivalry. Its done to death & boring. It has no competitive relevance.

It's strange that none of you smart people corrected me when i said we were the best, eh?
    Hats off, Mr. Hawking. I don't take any pleasure in calling us the best, but thanks for noticing our educational conceitedness.

Póg mo thóin! [I actually admire your scot gaelic language skills, I'm limited to Neo Smocaidh más eur tolhé)
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; January 22, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

Yep, but the other clubs don't. So we actually don't have to join Armageddon. Hearts will may do that voluntarily.
    They've always been accused of being a mini-us, the poor little things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac
    Plenty of love left. We should not focus on our rivalry. Its done to death & boring. It has no competitive relevance.
    Until the next time we meet, you mean.
    Póg mo thóin! [I actually admire your scot gaelic language skills, I'm limited to Neo Smocaidh más eur tolhé)
    I assume that's foreign for 'no smoking, if you please'.If you need help, say hello to my little friend. It should rightly be 'pòg mo thòin'.
    СИНДИКАТ!

They've always been accused of being a mini-us, the poor little things.
    I get what you mean.
    Their biggest icon is a journeyman that has played for 11, soon 12, clubs and left them twice. You have a whole squad that has done this at once, so even in this, they are clearly inferior.

Until the next time we meet, you mean.
    Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Avoided any Old-Firm since the 2011 overkill. Won't even watch.

I assume that's foreign for 'no smoking, if you please'.If you need help, say hello to my little friend. It should rightly be 'pòg mo thòin'.
    Yes and no, its not foreign, its scot-gaelig. Isn't that a bit too dowdy for your kind? Treva, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; January 23, 2013 at 08:59 AM.

I get what you mean.
    Their biggest icon is a journeyman that has played for 11, soon 12, clubs and left them twice. You have a whole squad that has done this at once, so even in this, they are clearly inferior.
    Of course, even when we fail, we do it on a monumental scale.
    Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Avoided any Old-Firm since the 2011 overkill. Won't even watch.
    Yes, that time got a bit overcrowded, we met every couple of weeks at one point.
    Yes and no, its not foreign, its scot-gaelig. Isn't that a bit too dowdy for your kind? Treva, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
    It should be mas e do thoil e (lit. if it is your will/wish). My kind? Well I'm very kind if that's what you mean. ;) I've wandered the world too long and widely to hold on to any bits of bigotry, but I don't want to post openly in a forum thread about that.
    Why are you adding those accents all over the place?
    СИНДИКАТ!

You know I can see these white letters, right?

Treva, you don't know cold_mac yet, but be warned that he's a bit ... stagy

I know you can, but he started it. And everyone has a right to be stagy and melodramatic. Except Danny.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

I was getting excited before I read that last bit as well.