Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Scottish Football 2012/2013

Agreed teams such as Arthurlie, Pollock and auchinleck talbot could easily beat annan and co. in terms of support.

Doncaster and Regan should have resigned long ago, dont even know why they still have jobs!!

Bit of a shame that our rivals arent coming up, was looking foward to some good derby's but oh well. I'm sure thistle will be good to play against aswell and if they keep Sir Hugh Murray then we'll be able to see him again .
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by andysmfc13 View Post
    Agreed teams such as Arthurlie, Pollock and auchinleck talbot could easily beat annan and co. in terms of support.

Doncaster and Regan should have resigned long ago, dont even know why they still have jobs!!
    You mean like Blatter or Platini?

The Jags should be a good addition to the SPL, an away game might be a reason to go to Glasgow again for me, even though I try to avoid it
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Dont blame you there haha .

Paisley however is a different story. Our lovely wee town is a perfect place to visit along with our amazing and very steep stadium
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    How are you in the North of Glasgow?
    Firhill is in Maryhill, thats North Glasgow.

And yes, I see you two guys agree about the basic changes. But that's the SFA, no common sense at all... strangely most football associations are like that quite often. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...
    They face a problematic situation in scotland though, with very emotionalized & individualized supporters and a huge obsession of anything that could be implemented in excrementous conspiracies.

Basel kommt weiter.

Partick have the best home record in the U.K.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; April 11, 2013 at 03:38 PM.

Haha yeah, if I come to Paisley I will give you a shout and then you can show me around in your football temple

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post

They face a problematic situation in scotland though, with very emotionalized & individualized supporters and a huge obsession of anything that could be implemented in excrementous conspiracies.

Basel kommt weiter.

Partick have the best home record in the U.K.
    Yeah but for my understanding it's only a North Glasgow Derby if both teams are from there. Now this is a North East Glasgow Derby

Noooo 2-2 Spurs...

And have a look for this http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/in-we...14_seite1.html
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

The Basel kit is really nice..
    the dream will never die

The Basel kit is really nice..
    That's why Barcelona has stolen it

Haha, I feel bad for Magic Johnson, his ramsdens cup winners medal has been stolen along with his car That's just bad luck.

Btw how are Koln doing in Bundesliga2, I was there last year and It seemed a nice enough place. Bought an away top. They seem like quite a big team to be in the second league?
    the dream will never die

Haha, I feel bad for Magic Johnson, his ramsdens cup winners medal has been stolen along with his car That's just bad luck.

Btw how are Koln doing in Bundesliga2, I was there last year and It seemed a nice enough place. Bought an away top. They seem like quite a big team to be in the second league?
    Aye I read that, perhaps they can give him a replacement medal if they don't find the thiefs? It shouldn't be that expansive.

They had a horrible first half of the season, then went on a 15 game unbeaten run this year and climbed up to the 3rd spot, which means promotion play-off. Last Friday they met Kaiserslauten (4th) at their ground, but lost 3-0, so they are 4th again now and chasing Kaiserslautern for the rest of the season. Yes, they are quite big, but their fans always expect too much and there are other big teams like them in the 2nd Bundesliga, e.g. Kaiserslautern, Hertha Berlin or 1860 Munich.

Yeah but for my understanding it's only a North Glasgow Derby if both teams are from there. Now this is a North East Glasgow Derby
    You are right indeed. Still a derby.
    Noooo 2-2 Spurs...
    Even Scotland would win against them on penalties

One other thing for reconstruction: The new rules include the possibility of standing areas for all SPL members, if the respective club is granted a security certificate by the local administration.

Now that would be absolutly outstanding.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

North-west, give or take.

It's a shitehole all the same!

Indefinitely Banned

Are Glasgow Rangers doing well in the lower leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurisprudence Tom Cruise View Post
    Are Glasgow Rangers doing well in the lower leagues?
    Yes, straight promoted, some achievement for a a new club to battle the mights of Peterhead & Queen's Park. Stirling Albion was too hard though.

News that Craig Whyte instructed Green to buy Rangers reaches Bomber Brown:

Ah, that`ll hopefully be enough to cover our loss at Hampden.

Indefinitely Banned

I miss the days when you had other teams at the top.Aberdeen,Dundee and Celtic and Rangers could all give each other a good game then it got boring when it was just Rangers v Celtic.Now it is even more boring now it is just Celtic apart from European nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cruise HAWK View Post
    I miss the days when you had other teams at the top.Aberdeen,Dundee and Celtic and Rangers could all give each other a good game then it got boring when it was just Rangers v Celtic.Now it is even more boring now it is just Celtic apart from European nights.
    Well, you must be old then. Yes, what a boring season. 10 points between the bottom & second of the table for most of the season, 3 trophies won by 3 different clubs and very entertaining games.

There are plenty of good players left in the SPL & First Division.

Its their fault they can`t benefit from it, the advertising, promoting & administrating of scottish football is stuck in the 80's.
    Clubs like Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, Hearts, Clyde and Rangers are/were run into untenable level of debts and we don't have Sky to put in 25m for each club additionally.

Unlikely to improve - eg The Rangers are currently at a 1m loss/month, a 7m wagebill in the 4th division and accountet a -7.1m deficit for their first 6 months running.

For the record, I'd rather support East Stirlingshire than Liverpool, Man Utd/City & Chelsea.

Wow... another example why we need a bigger league. Falkirk 3-0 up against hibs. The spl left clubs like these to rot in the sfl but these teams are good and deserve to be in the top league.

Okay 3-3 now feel bad for the bairns.

Absoloutly gutted for the bairns. They should have finished the game in the first half.
    Last edited by The Great Montrose; April 13, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
    the dream will never die

Terrific game, even Craig Burley would not be able to talk this game down.

What a genuinly enjoyable week for scottish football - first, the engrossing Challenge Cup Final, then the record attendance at Partick vs Morton, with the final cherry of todays entertainment that will go down as a classic.

Still expect our loss tomorrow to be the main story.

:
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; April 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Hibernian are finalists!!! Hearts are out, Hibs might just win it.
    Well, you must be old then. Yes, what a boring season. 10 points between the bottom & second of the table for most of the season, 3 trophies won by 3 different clubs and very entertaining games.
    The League title itself was a boring foregone conclusion. Just like with us a couple rungs down the ladder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac
    Its their fault they can`t benefit from it, the advertising, promoting & administrating of scottish football is stuck in the 80's.
    But with 2010s prices.
    If at least tickets were cheap, people would go.
    Clubs like Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, Hearts, Clyde and Rangers are/were run into untenable level of debts and we don't have Sky to put in 25m for each club additionally.
    Maybe the clubs should hold out on a TV deal when the current one expires.
    Unlikely to improve - eg The Rangers are currently at a 1m loss/month, a 7m wagebill in the 4th division and accountet a -7.1m deficit for their first 6 months running.
    We do? I didn't know it was that bad.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Time to go to the cursed place that is Hampden. Mon the hoops!