Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Scottish Football 2012/2013

No titles stripped and a nonexistent company fined £250,000… I'm surprised some teams didn't push for even more butchery happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Its more important for them to survive and build on youth. Jamie Walker is really excellent and McGlynn is gone now. If they avoid Levein, it should pay out.
    First they have to solve the problem of beign owned by Romanov, who thinks that he can pull an Abramovich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    I always said you are favourites Yes it is. Probably the worst team since the 70s when we were down in the First Division and got destroyed by Hibs by five goal margins on a regular base. But as I said there's talent and I have hope that these teenagers will learn and improve. But in the end what counts is to find a new owner so we can finally pay our debt and invest in the team again. If Vlad stays we might actually go down next season (but I'm very confident he won't).
    Hey, you conceded three at home to Hibs shortly after they were promoted last decade, and then another three away, and the following year 6, so it's not as if it had never ever happened.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    No titles stripped and a nonexistent company fined £250,000… I'm surprised some teams didn't push for even more butchery happening.
    It's an absolute joke. They've been found guilty of deliberately not disclosing payments in an effort to avoid tax, thus attracting players they'd have never been able to afford and nothing happens. It's the same kind of poor adminisration that put Spartans out of the cup this season yet Rangers get away with no penalties, it really is a shameful state of affairs.

Yes, who knows what happened behind scenes, but I'm still surprised there wasn't more of an outrage. At least the fine could've been imposed on the new company which can at least pay (belatedly and whatever but is still a non-bankrupt legal entity).
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

We win, again.

Falkirk for the semifinals, and Hearts lose again.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

We win, again.

Falkirk for the semifinals, and Hearts lose again.
    We are still three divisions higher than your lot, though

Hey, you conceded three at home to Hibs shortly after they were promoted last decade, and then another three away, and the following year 6, so it's not as if it had never ever happened.
    But that's still not as bad as that time in the 70s. And in the near future it's not going to happen again because Hibs are nae good enough as well They might have won and drawn the last two derbies, but we outplayed them in both and the only goal they scored was a fluke one. Without Griffiths they would probably be no better off than us.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

Dissapointing defeat yesterday. Celtic are really nothing special. Thought we were more than a match for them. Good game and a good atmosphere, we were unlucky to get beat. I'm not really sure how Sam Parkin ever made it as a pro footballer he seems to offer absoloutly nothing. Roll on the 17th

Btw celtic fans what you doing on paddys day?
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Quote Originally Posted by andysmfc13 View Post
    Dissapointing defeat yesterday. Celtic are really nothing special. Thought we were more than a match for them. Good game and a good atmosphere, we were unlucky to get beat. I'm not really sure how Sam Parkin ever made it as a pro footballer he seems to offer absoloutly nothing. Roll on the 17th

I agree that you were unlucky to lose. I think the crucial stage of the game was the time after Celtic scored their second goal, from then on St Mirren needed pretty much until the 60th minute to be as dangerous as they were when they equalized. But at the same time Celtic was content to sit back during most of this period, thus a 2-2 would have been fair after the immense pressure your lot mounted on Celtic in the last half an hour. But in the end Celtic was a bit more clever and Hooper could have put the game to bed when he hit the crossbar. The Dundee Derby today was very similar, with United being Celtic and Dundee being St Mirren. It even had three early goals as well and then ineffective, but passionate pressure from the home side in the second half.

Apart from that, Falkirk and the Hobos have progressed to the semi final. Come on you Baaiiirnssss!
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

We are still three divisions higher than your lot, though
    You just wait. It'd still be odd if you got less titles than us this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria
    But that's still not as bad as that time in the 70s. And in the near future it's not going to happen again because Hibs are nae good enough as well They might have won and drawn the last two derbies, but we outplayed them in both and the only goal they scored was a fluke one. Without Griffiths they would probably be no better off than us.
    They did manage to lose to St. Johnston, so… well, don't brag about it, just in case.
    СИНДИКАТ!

You just wait. It'd still be odd if you got less titles than us this season.

They did manage to lose to St. Johnston, so… well, don't brag about it, just in case.
    How would it be odd? We are not Celtic But you still got a chance to win as many titles as them (and possibly as us) this season...

Andy, what was that? But I saw you started with Guy and Parkin up front while having Goncalves & Thompson on the bench? Seems a bit odd

Wow, I've seen people talking to themselves, but posting to yourself must be a new one, Mausolos.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Wow, I've seen people talking to themselves, but posting to yourself must be a new one, Mausolos.
    Hmm? I clearly adressed Andysmfc13 and was referring to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDmm-A-U2l8

Andy, what was that? But I saw you started with Guy and Parkin up front while having Goncalves & Thompson on the bench? Seems a bit odd
    We seem to be rotating the squad for some reason. Was pretty much the same team that beat your lot a few weeks ago though . Not sure how we didnt win it, the highlights indicate we had plenty of chances but didnt finish them, Not a big guy fan but he looked pretty lively last night and I'm glad Imrie got a goal. Parkin is just woefull. Sooner he's off the better. I think if we lose this final to you guys and finish 11th Mr.Lennon will get the sack.
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Oh really? Very interesting... but yeah it seems like you just did not convert your chances. Does anyone of the followers of this thread think Dundee can make a comeback in the league now?

Oh really? Very interesting... but yeah it seems like you just did not convert your chances. Does anyone of the followers of this thread think Dundee can make a comeback in the league now?
    Never haha.... well lets hope not because it's one of our clubs who may go down if thats the case
    the dream will never die

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    It's an absolute joke. They've been found guilty of deliberately not disclosing payments in an effort to avoid tax, thus attracting players they'd have never been able to afford and nothing happens. It's the same kind of poor adminisration that put Spartans out of the cup this season yet Rangers get away with no penalties, it really is a shameful state of affairs.
    Yes, who knows what happened behind scenes, but I'm still surprised there wasn't more of an outrage. At least the fine could've been imposed on the new company which can at least pay (belatedly and whatever but is still a non-bankrupt legal entity).
    I think this is due to the fans being numb now towards Rangers (whether The Rangers club, The Rangers plc or the corpse, does not matter, as they are the glorrrious peiiple) in almost any sense. Its going on for over 14 months now. The first months of satisfaction/gloating are truely done and nothing, apart from fast-tracking, will penetrate this emotional cicatrical tissue. Even the ever-obsessed Celts of my forum had nothing to add.

Maybe some of the credit should be rewarded to Green & Traynor with their flamboyant demagogic fireworks. Lets compare the basic events - Rangers found guilty, yet unpenalised, and the report show a 7.1m loss for 7 months.
    Even Sally got himself up to spoke words of praise for Lord Nimmo and his judicial badge of honor.

Talking point for the next two days? Rangers seeking "legal advice" for joining in the english leagues and Neil Lennons reaction to Chris McLaughlins reaction to his reaction at his question. God almighty.

Going to diner! Possibly at CP. We can't create the game flow at all. We are a team whose core is a resilient defense and two sturdy ballwinners.

You can even take Juves goals for that, could have conceded 3 goals within 20 minutes of the 2nd half just down to technical mistakes of Commons/Hooper. Wilson is my wet dream of a defender that I had since Rieper left. Wonderful performance - again - and best man despite losing 5 goals.

Its clear as the polar lights that Wanyama and Hooper will leave. They came, performed and developed. Next. Will get decent dough for them. Gonna bet on mid-August, mid/post CL-qualifiers.

Would be more concerned if Forster, Forrest, Lustig or Wilson was to leave.

My contact tells me that Celtic feel we can get £4m for Hooper in the summer and we are looking at around £12m for Wanyama.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; March 08, 2013 at 05:49 PM.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Going to diner! Possibly at CP. We can't create the game flow at all. We are a team whose core is a resilient defense and two sturdy ballwinners.

You can even take Juves goals for that, could have conceded 3 goals within 20 minutes of the 2nd half just down to technical mistakes of Commons/Hooper. Wilson is my wet dream of a defender that I had since Rieper left. Wonderful performance - again - and best man despite losing 5 goals.

Its clear as the polar lights that Wanyama and Hooper will leave. They came, performed and developed. Next. Will get decent dough for them. Gonna bet on mid-August, mid/post CL-qualifiers.

My contact tells me that Celtic feel we can get £4m for Hooper in the summer and we are looking at around £12m for Wanyama.
    I think Celtic are beating teams on some level due to the height of their squad. Our team looked tiny beside the celtic players haha.

Getting 12 million for wanyama would be good I think. I dont watch any celtic games other than highlights or when we play you but I've not seen much of wanyama to be honest? How good do you think he is Cold_Mac?

After a horrible defeat to Dundee mid-week we must get a win tomorrow against united. Btw we have sold 14,000 tickets for the final so far and 3,500 of our tickets have been given away to hearts which I find extremely disapointing. Fair enough give them some of our tickets if we havent sold them with a few days to go but when there is still over a week to go untill the final our tickets shouldnt have been given away like that. A lot of guys on our forum are extremely unhappy with this.
    the dream will never die

Hmm? I clearly adressed Andysmfc13 and was referring to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDmm-A-U2l8
    I remember I ****ed-up trying to make a joke and can't remember what I was supposed to have posted in full. I really shouldn't post when sleepy.
    I think this is due to the fans being numb now towards Rangers (whether The Rangers club, The Rangers plc or the corpse, does not matter, as they are the glorrrious peiiple) in almost any sense. Its going on for over 14 months now. The first months of satisfaction/gloating are truely done and nothing, apart from fast-tracking, will penetrate this emotional cicatrical tissue. Even the ever-obsessed Celts of my forum had nothing to add.

Maybe some of the credit should be rewarded to Green & Traynor with their flamboyant demagogic fireworks. Lets compare the basic events - Rangers found guilty, yet unpenalised, and the report show a 7.1m loss for 7 months.
    Even Sally got himself up to spoke words of praise for Lord Nimmo and his judicial badge of honor.

Talking point for the next two days? Rangers seeking "legal advice" for joining in the english leagues and Neil Lennons reaction to Chris McLaughlins reaction to his reaction at his question. God almighty.
    Our fearless leader (not Salmond, the other one) insists that he'll move the club to England. As if they'd want a club like ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria

SO… 16 million pounds all in all? No financial gap between you and the rest of the league, then.
    I think Celtic are beating teams on some level due to the height of their squad. Our team looked tiny beside the celtic players haha.

Getting 12 million for wanyama would be good I think. I dont watch any celtic games other than highlights or when we play you but I've not seen much of wanyama to be honest? How good do you think he is Cold_Mac?

After a horrible defeat to Dundee mid-week we must get a win tomorrow against united. Btw we have sold 14,000 tickets for the final so far and 3,500 of our tickets have been given away to hearts which I find extremely disapointing. Fair enough give them some of our tickets if we havent sold them with a few days to go but when there is still over a week to go untill the final our tickets shouldnt have been given away like that. A lot of guys on our forum are extremely unhappy with this.
    I missed this, how on earth do you lose to Dundee?
    СИНДИКАТ!

I have no idea .

It seems our club have issued a statement http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=21392. The more I read about this the more I'm upset. So much for being a family friendly final, now we dont have any kids tickets left because the sfl gave away our remaining tickets without us knowing!!

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....al-allocation/ Had no idea that the majority of hearts fans still hate us and blame us for 86. It was their own fault not ours. The stuff on that forum I've linked is'nt what I'd expect from fans outside of the old firm, nae offence treva and Cold_Mac
    Last edited by The Great Montrose; March 09, 2013 at 06:15 AM.
    the dream will never die

I remember I ****ed-up trying to make a joke and can't remember what I was supposed to have posted in full. I really shouldn't post when sleepy.
    Alright, nae problem Long live the mighty Rrrrraaaaangers

I have no idea .

It seems our club have issued a statement http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=21392. The more I read about this the more I'm upset. So much for being a family friendly final, now we dont have any kids tickets left because the sfl gave away our remaining tickets without us knowing!!

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....al-allocation/ Had no idea that the majority of hearts fans still hate us and blame us for 86. It was their own fault not ours. The stuff on that forum I've linked is'nt what I'd expect from fans outside of the old firm, nae offence treva and Cold_Mac
    Oh no, don't take Kickback as a representation of our fans Every sane person I know has stopped posting there or never did in the first place. I had an account, but people on there are just annoying. I've been on another Hearts forum, but it seems to be down these days

But the wrong ticket allocation is the SFA's fault (not, that it would surprise me). Maybe there are guys like cold_mac deciding this, who said you wouldn't deserve to be in the semi final because only 3500 St Mirren fans were there... his opinion, not mine

However the 86 thing is true. But I wouldn't say it's hate, just some dislike, same to Dundee, Motherwell or Killie.