Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 133853545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1347

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    That is all you can come up with? Even Cold_mac would have shown more wit
    At least Treva doesn't have to use a dictionary for some of my unnecessarily mismatched vocabularies. For all I don't write because I have the power to write; I write because I don't have the power to remain silent.

Opposed to what it's made up to be I don't think the championship will be much of a contest. Sevco have too much numbers, experience and quality to loose the promotion to Hearts. Hibs are pretty much knocked-out already.

Plenty of fun for both of you in the SPFL left though with us either winning in a debatable fashion, or be terrible. Cups will be up for grabs as per se. Fancy Dundee for the League Cup and Aberdeen for the Big One.

So that's 4 out of the 4 biggest clubs busy regrouping. Just the same as 5 years before. At least 2 of them are, now, financially sound.

Will probably attend more VFB Lübeck games than Celtic this year though.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

I had hoped one of you would get the Community reference.

Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

There's so much in Community (enhanced by Chevy Chase's presence) that I don't know what you were making a reference to.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Lübeck? Are you moving? I'm going to SC Wiedenbrück next week with my Scottish mate
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

It's the closest "local" club I've got - Still ca. 150 km from my birthplace/where my father lives. Will travel there to some games with Mrs. ColdMac, sometime.

All hail the mighty Dees and their quest for the title.

http://terracepodcast.net/misc/2014/...to-be-cheerful

Just saw Lawwells statement: Whitewash. In the last two seasons before Rangers died, our total income was 102m, going down to 51m during 2011/12; which is now up to 75m (2012/13) and totalling 135m over the last two seasons.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; September 01, 2014 at 07:35 AM.

I see. So who will win the title, Accies or Caley? The Dees are out because Martin Boyle wastes too many chances
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Ach, the mighty Dees willl find their scoring footing against better teams.

Love the promoted sides this year. Great to watch.

Seems you Jambos are doing quite well in the second division, too.

And we continue to win!
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Robbed of a win at Dortmund! Another good performance and the Tartan Army proved their reputation once more!

Ah, well.

Still feel we're, on an Antonian scale, lying in the Timondeum after Actium and waiting for our inevitable demise but at least we're spirited and better than those brazilian hammer throwers.

1st half was bad, 2nd great. Defense is a mess, it's credit to Strachan and the midfield that we leak so few goals. Up-front was never really a problem, well, unless we decide to field no strikers.

Hated the comments from Löw though; "Scottish football finally getting sophisticated." - Aye, cause the professional passing game wasn't created by it, the Danubian School not inspired by it and the godfather of european football wasn't a fundamental admirer of it!

Oh how the mighty have fallen. After losing out in the Cup Derby on Penalties, Motherwell are now 2-0 down at home against newly promoted rivals Hamilton Accies. While the vice champions are currently in 10th spot and Accies are up to 2nd in the table, the statistics for once do depict a realistic image of the humiliation which is going on:

Shots:

Motherwell 0
    Hamilton 15

And it's only half time! You want more curiosities? Peterhead start the second half at East End Park with EIGHT men after a massive melee in first half injury time. Someone clearly played too much Total War there...

Curiously enough, the only game which the Jambos didn't win is one of two in which they did not concede. Meanwhile, 'mon the Gers.
    СИНДИКАТ!

What do you guys reckon, will Deila be fired this year? I mean it is a given if he does not win the league. How is the mood in Glasgow in regards to Deila?

My norwegian view is that he is only one of two truly talented norwegian coaches. It is him and Solbakken. Now I can understand why Solbakken failed given that he entered a train wreck (twice!) but I have never thought of Celtic as anything close to a train wreck...
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Celtic have such better players than everyone else that they'll almost certainly limp to the title, eventually.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    What do you guys reckon, will Deila be fired this year? I mean it is a given if he does not win the league. How is the mood in Glasgow in regards to Deila?

My norwegian view is that he is only one of two truly talented norwegian coaches. It is him and Solbakken. Now I can understand why Solbakken failed given that he entered a train wreck (twice!) but I have never thought of Celtic as anything close to a train wreck...
    He's had a poor start. Most fans are reasonably concerned about the way we're heading.

Rotates the squad every week and out-of-position, destabilizes the squad and we haven't had a good performance. There isn't really a lot of progress to be seen; most of our chances come from individual runs or long-range shots and our defense is unreliable and far too slack - especially curious given how imperious the best defense I've seen was last season.

We're scraping through a lot of matches and got good, if lucky results against Dundee United and St. Johnstone but apart from that? Should've lost to Dundee FC and Motherwell, the first a promoted side and the latter an average and out-of-form team. Got murdered in the CL-qualifiers with a shambolic line-up. Due to Legia's incompetence we got another chance against Maribor, who are a plucky side, but after a lucky 1:1 away draw we bottled it at home in a toothless display. Again, with a crazy line-up. He likes to play two box-to-box midfielders in the centre and no one holding or attacking, with the full-backs and wingers intended to be both attacking & defending. It's a bit of an irony that he got two of his favourites in this squad (Berget and Johansen) but each of them have been abysmal.

It might get better.....we'll limp to the title eventually, as the infallible Treva has said.

Hope you don't read today's score-line though

The scoreline is what is to be expected if you take a team that have been playing in the first division for the last couple years and have them play, going for broke, against a team who have been facing amateur teams for the past two years. We will beat everyone but the two big Edinburgh clubs at this rate, so let's burn Edinburgh to the ground and be done with it.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Well, they voted no in abundance and Mausolos finds a reason to criticize anything originating from Glasgow, so you'll have an additional torch.

Forgot to say that our football has been unattractive and shite despite him talking about exactly this for months. Thought the post lacked negativity.

It's seldom that I thank Hibs for anything, but today I have to make an exception Six points clear now, not looking bad at all. Some injured players have returned now as well, like Holt and Walker, so the squad is only getting stronger. It could have been double-figures against both Cowdenbeath and Livi, but with a goal difference of +18 I don't want to complain. The only player I'm not confident about yet is Adam Eckersley, but he will probably settle in as well- or just drop to the bench.

As for Hibs themselves, they were quite decent on the break tonight. Missed the first half since I was on a train back from Hamburg, but I saw them during the analysis afterwards and it could have been more in the second half. Blatant hand ball by McCulloch as well

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Well, they voted no in abundance and Mausolos finds a reason to criticize anything originating from Glasgow, so you'll have an additional torch.
    That's it, I'm burning Edinburgh.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    He's had a poor start. Most fans are reasonably concerned about the way we're heading.

Rotates the squad every week and out-of-position, destabilizes the squad and we haven't had a good performance. There isn't really a lot of progress to be seen; most of our chances come from individual runs or long-range shots and our defense is unreliable and far too slack - especially curious given how imperious the best defense I've seen was last season.

We're scraping through a lot of matches and got good, if lucky results against Dundee United and St. Johnstone but apart from that? Should've lost to Dundee FC and Motherwell, the first a promoted side and the latter an average and out-of-form team. Got murdered in the CL-qualifiers with a shambolic line-up. Due to Legia's incompetence we got another chance against Maribor, who are a plucky side, but after a lucky 1:1 away draw we bottled it at home in a toothless display. Again, with a crazy line-up. He likes to play two box-to-box midfielders in the centre and no one holding or attacking, with the full-backs and wingers intended to be both attacking & defending. It's a bit of an irony that he got two of his favourites in this squad (Berget and Johansen) but each of them have been abysmal.

It might get better.....we'll limp to the title eventually, as the infallible Treva has said.

Hope you don't read today's score-line though
    It is strange because a good attack was sort of what he was known for in Norway. There was a plan.

I think it will be wise of Celtic to give him time even if he fails to reach the group stages next year too. The guy has proven to be really good at bringing local talent through, so should be a good fit for Celtic really.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.