Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 37 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Results 1,221 to 1,231 of 1231

Thread: Scottish Football 2013/2014

  1. #1221
    GoTW Kubee's Avatar Centurio
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    495

    Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinarius View Post
    So you seriously believe that Legia would have "acted with a bit of class", if the situation had been vice versa?
    Dunno, but I would be very disappointed if my team (Liverpool) did not if they'd been in that situation. That's not important though. Celtic are the ones not acting with class here, anything else is just hypothetical.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Of course.

    Everybody is holier than the pope behind a keyboard. Might be different when you are responsible for employees and millions are at hand.

    It's not a friggin offer. One match result was forfeit because of rule infringement which turned the tie around in one club's favour. So you expect from the specific club to deny its participation in the last CL-playoff because their opponent ed up? Get a perspective. We are getting done by Maribor and have no EL or even CL-ready squad so theres yer emotional pay-off.

    People are extremely judgemental about this; first there is this pathetic letter, the #letfootballwin nonsense over twitter and all over an issue that has happened at least twice in recent years.

    Like to hear Treva's opinion, too.
    I don't understand why you're getting so worked up over this as you have the CL playoff place which you were so desperate for.

    Celtic most certainly had the option of declining their place. They chose not to. And yes, I do expect a club which got knocked out due to getting humped 6-1 not to go through because of a meaningless clerical error which had no effect on the result of the tie.

    The only pathetic thing here is a club which lost 6-1 over 2 legs now being reinstated into the competition because of an administrative error which had no effect on the result of the tie.

    Even if Celtic don't qualify it still means Legia are denied the potential to gain about 20 mil in prize funds for participating in the CL group stage.

  2. #1222
    Cold_Mac's Avatar Princeps
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    shush
    Posts
    1,214

    Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by GoTW Kubee View Post
    Dunno, but I would be very disappointed if my team (Liverpool) did not if they'd been in that situation. That's not important though. Celtic are the ones not acting with class here, anything else is just hypothetical.
    You are getting really cute now. Can't make it even more easy and shallow for yourself?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoTW Kubee View Post
    Celtic most certainly had the option of declining their place. They chose not to. And yes, I do expect a club which got knocked out due to getting humped 6-1 not to go through because of a meaningless clerical error which had no effect on the result of the tie.
    Sigh. The whataboutery card. All you do is lining up guesswork as fact and attach your verdict on it while.

    No. We proceeded by winning the tie 3:2. The first tie was forfeit.

    Get. Over. It.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; August 14, 2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Say goodbye to her, to the Alexandria you are losing.

  3. #1223
    GoTW Kubee's Avatar Centurio
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    495

    Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    You are getting really cute now. Can't make it even more easy and shallow for yourself?

    Sigh. The whataboutery card. All you do is lining up guesswork as fact and attach your verdict on it while.

    No. We proceeded by winning the tie 3:2. The first tie was forfeit.

    Get. Over. It.
    You have offered absolutely no argument here other than a couple of weird, passive-aggressive retorts.

    Dress it up however you like, but the manner in which your team 'qualified' is laughable.

    There's no 'guesswork' or 'whataboutery' involved here either. Your own article and the link provided in the middle of it corroborate everything I've been saying.

    Anyway, congratulations on your ill-gotten, CL-playoff place! An immense achievement it is, I must say.

  4. #1224
    Cold_Mac's Avatar Princeps
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    shush
    Posts
    1,214

    Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by GoTW Kubee View Post
    You have offered absolutely no argument here other than a couple of weird, passive-aggressive retorts.

    Dress it up however you like, but the manner in which your team 'qualified' is laughable.

    There's no 'guesswork' or 'whataboutery' involved here either. Your own article and the link provided in the middle of it corroborate everything I've been saying.

    Anyway, congratulations on your ill-gotten, CL-playoff place! An immense achievement it is, I must say.
    There is no argument here. It wasn't us that caused this incident, it was Legia hence why it's ludicrous to blame us so viciously for something where we were just bystanders at the crosswalk of CL football.

    Club A was clearly breaking the rules with fielding an suspended player. UEFA reported it. UEFA dealt with it. Thus Club B won the tie.

    As heart-breaking as it is for you gentle Scouser Cockney, but you can't make an exception just because that team happened to win. It is a general rule and match-bound issues are immaterial.

    You just bumped into the thread with a "my mate told me"-story. You surely get all the respect you deserve for that condescending petulance. Boniek's claim was wrong.
    Gonna take it slowly for you.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. The Legia player had a 3 match ban hanging over him. He was not registered as part of the squad for the 2nd Qualifying Round against St Pats. Therefore he did not serve his suspension.
    2. When he came on he was deemed a suspended player.
    3. UEFA differentiates between a suspended player participating in a match, and an ineligible player participating in a match.
    4. The Rules state
    A match *is* declared forfeit if a player who has been suspended following a disciplinary decision participates in the match
    &
    A match *may* be declared forfeit if a player who is ineligible participates in the match, as long as the opposing team files a protest.
    Therefore the first rule has to be used. The player was suspended, so the match *is* forfeit. Not *may* be forfeit.
    5. The Debrecen story is muddying the waters and irrelevant. The Debrecen player was ineligible, not suspended. Debrecen simply made an administrative error and forgot to include him name on the teamsheet. The rule for ineligible players allows for punishment other than forfeit.
    6. There have been at least 2 other instances of forfeit games in the last few years due to suspended players playing. Budućnost of Montenegro were awarded a 3-0 win in 10/11 after Baku fielded a suspended player. Mura 05 of Slovenia were given a 3-0 win after Arsenal Kyiv fielded a suspended player.


    Your point was that it's Celtics fault because they didn't refuse the "offer" - which existence is pure speculation and holier-than-thou stuff. Go and act like the typical ArmchairWarriorForJustice. Update: UEFA have said that if Celtic declined the tie they would be automatically eliminated. And Legia wouldn't just "get their place back"; Maribor in CL group stage.

    Do you really thought the rule-breaking team would proceed? Or that a competitive team would refuse that or that UEFA would make it voluntary to proceed, but as you do all that, we are wasting space here...There's one big, bad mothereffer behind your keyboard.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; August 14, 2014 at 11:54 AM.
    Say goodbye to her, to the Alexandria you are losing.

  5. #1225
    GoTW Kubee's Avatar Centurio
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    495

    Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    There is no argument here. It wasn't us that caused this incident, it was Legia hence why it's ludicrous to blame us so viciously for something where we were just bystanders at the crosswalk of CL football.

    Club A was clearly breaking the rules with fielding an suspended player. UEFA reported it. UEFA dealt with it. Thus Club B won the tie.

    As heart-breaking as it is for you gentle Scouser Cockney, but you can't make an exception just because that team happened to win. It is a general rule and match-bound issues are immaterial.

    You just bumped into the thread with a "my mate told me"-story. You surely get all the respect you deserve for that condescending petulance. Boniek's claim was wrong.
    Gonna take it slowly for you.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. The Legia player had a 3 match ban hanging over him. He was not registered as part of the squad for the 2nd Qualifying Round against St Pats. Therefore he did not serve his suspension.
    2. When he came on he was deemed a suspended player.
    3. UEFA differentiates between a suspended player participating in a match, and an ineligible player participating in a match.
    4. The Rules state

    &

    Therefore the first rule has to be used. The player was suspended, so the match *is* forfeit. Not *may* be forfeit.
    5. The Debrecen story is muddying the waters and irrelevant. The Debrecen player was ineligible, not suspended. Debrecen simply made an administrative error and forgot to include him name on the teamsheet. The rule for ineligible players allows for punishment other than forfeit.
    6. There have been at least 2 other instances of forfeit games in the last few years due to suspended players playing. Budućnost of Montenegro were awarded a 3-0 win in 10/11 after Baku fielded a suspended player. Mura 05 of Slovenia were given a 3-0 win after Arsenal Kyiv fielded a suspended player.

    Your point was that it's Celtics fault because they didn't refuse the "offer" - which existence is pure speculation and holier-than-thou stuff. Go and act like the typical ArmchairWarriorForJustice. Update: UEFA have said that if Celtic declined the tie they would be automatically eliminated. And Legia wouldn't just "get their place back"; Maribor in CL group stage.

    Do you really thought the rule-breaking team would proceed? Or that a competitive team would refuse that or that UEFA would make it voluntary to proceed, but as you do all that, we are wasting space here...There's one big, bad mothereffer behind your keyboard.
    I can't tell if you're resorting to childish ad hominems to try and deflect away from the ridiculousness of the situation and your team, or that the fact I've criticised Celtic has got under your skin so much that you aren't capable of refraining from using them.

    Not that it actually matters or affects whether or not I'm in a position to judge the situation, but I actually happened to watch both legs of the tie and am most definitely not a cockney. Calling everyone who lives in London a cockney is about as accurate as labeling every Scot a highlander. I don't know what's more laughable tbh: that you don't see the irony behind angrily spewing out that post and then calling me an 'armchair warrior' or that you automatically start raging at me because I gave your team a bit of stick. Hilarious stuff.

    The post you're referring to was my 4th in this thread, so I hardly used it to 'bump into' it. And well done for spending all that time typing up the spoilered bit, but I never even argued any of the stuff inside it.

    Stop deliberately misrepresenting the tone and content of my posts. If you think that pointing out the absurdity of a team which got battered 6-1 progressing because of an ineligible player playing for 2 minutes equates to 'taking the moral high ground' then arguing with you is just a waste of time.

    Well, my apologies then if Boniek was mistaken. It looks like UEFA threw the appeal out so it doesn't matter anyway at this point.
    Last edited by GoTW Kubee; August 14, 2014 at 01:08 PM.

  6. #1226
    Cold_Mac's Avatar Princeps
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    shush
    Posts
    1,214

    Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

    You bumped into the discussion with your accusations. Those are what we were discussing.

    After all that you basically admit that Legia's home tie was legally forfeit, that UEFA handled according to the rules and that Boniek's claim about Celtic giving up their place were wrong...So whats your point?

    Not sure what you are going with the latter parts. Sarcastic-sober=angrily spouting? Although taking ArmchairWarriorForJustice for serious adds to your in-depth input. Glad you are offended by being called a cockney.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; August 14, 2014 at 02:33 PM.
    Say goodbye to her, to the Alexandria you are losing.

  7. #1227
    Treva, the Renewer's Avatar Equites
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    On board the Savage Chicken
    Posts
    3,592

    Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    (…)It's not a friggin offer. One match result was forfeit because of rule infringement which turned the tie around in one club's favour. So you expect from the specific club to deny its participation in the last CL-playoff because their opponent ed up? Get a perspective. We are getting done by Maribor and have no EL or even CL-ready squad so theres yer emotional pay-off.

    People are extremely judgemental about this; first there is this pathetic letter, the #letfootballwin nonsense over twitter and all over an issue that has happened at least twice in recent years.

    Like to hear Treva's opinion, too.
    Hmmm. Treva's opinion is, first of all, that you should replace 'deny' with 'refuse' so that your post actually makes sense. Now that I have made a humerus remark to break the I's…

    It's in the rules so it should be done. It's a deterrent, harsh perhaps, but the same rason why, for example, Liverpool should not have been allowed to participate in the 2005-06 UEFA Champions League, but then they're far more marketable than Sellik and Legia combined. Sellik should be allowed to go through because otherwise, what would be the limit? Winning a match 2-0 away with a player illegally on the pitch for half an hour? Half the match? Half the tie (1 match)? What if Luis Surez were allowed back in for Barcelona's group stages in a match in which he's needed to win so that his team can go through to the knockout stages?
    What would you do instead? Let whomever draws Legia be given a bye and Legia be knocked out of the competition?
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.

    D a tha Montrose Mr ag rdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

  8. #1228
    GoTW Kubee's Avatar Centurio
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    495

    Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

    Ah, my bad for mistaking your hilarious banter for frustrated raging!

    And no mate I don't think I could ever make the mistake of taking you seriously.

  9. #1229
    Cold_Mac's Avatar Princeps
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    shush
    Posts
    1,214

    Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Hmmm. Treva's opinion is, first of all, that you should replace 'deny' with 'refuse' so that your post actually makes sense. Now that I have made a humerus remark to break the I's…

    It's in the rules so it should be done. It's a deterrent, harsh perhaps, but the same rason why, for example, Liverpool should not have been allowed to participate in the 2005-06 UEFA Champions League, but then they're far more marketable than Sellik and Legia combined. Sellik should be allowed to go through because otherwise, what would be the limit? Winning a match 2-0 away with a player illegally on the pitch for half an hour? Half the match? Half the tie (1 match)? What if Luis Surez were allowed back in for Barcelona's group stages in a match in which he's needed to win so that his team can go through to the knockout stages?
    What would you do instead? Let whomever draws Legia be given a bye and Legia be knocked out of the competition?
    In a nutshell.

    Lovely grammar lessons.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTW Kubee View Post
    Ah, my bad for mistaking your hilarious banter for frustrated raging!

    And no mate I don't think I could ever make the mistake of taking you seriously.
    So you've progressed from pretending to have valuable input with mild emotional outbursts to no input, but with additional ragequit.

    These Cockneys are crazy, aren't they?
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; August 14, 2014 at 06:16 PM.
    Say goodbye to her, to the Alexandria you are losing.

  10. #1230
    Treva, the Renewer's Avatar Equites
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    On board the Savage Chicken
    Posts
    3,592

    Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

    Not only grammar, but also collocations!
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.

    D a tha Montrose Mr ag rdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

  11. #1231
    Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Sagittarius
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    County of Ravensberg
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Mausolos usually likes long-distance goals, why isn't he cheering at the one I posted above?
    I do, but ironically couldn't answer because I was in Edinburgh We beat that lot in the derby now anyway and the season is looking bright. Livi away tomorrow, our goalie's turn to score!

    Apart from that, Leith was full of Legia stickers.


    19 May 2012
    Hibernian 1-5 Heart of Midlothian

    ''Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.''

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •