Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Football 2014/2015

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Scottish Football 2012/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Haha I see why he must be a legend for you. But hasn't he always been a man near to red cards? I remember one of his first games for the Jags in the Challenge Cup, when he got sent off, if I'm not totally mistaken.
    Yeah Murray used to get booked for just coming on the park He was indeed, he was also sent off in thistles first game against Morton/soapdodgers, broke a players leg. Theres nothing malicious about him, he's a really nice guy and ovbiously a legend for us. He just a great old fashioned no nonsense centre mid who likes a good tackle which I'm afraid to say has gone away from our game. Hopefully a future manager of our club. A lot of our fans wanted a stand named after him but nothings been done about it.

On a sidenote, Dundee have parted company with Barry Smith. Any bets from you guys who could be next? JC already mentioned himself
    Jimmy Calderwood is too good for Dundee. I also see Gus Macpherson is wanting it haha If they want long ball defensive football hes the man for them
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by andysmfc13 View Post
    Yeah Murray used to get booked for just coming on the park He was indeed, he was also sent off in thistles first game against Morton/soapdodgers, broke a players leg. Theres nothing malicious about him, he's a really nice guy and ovbiously a legend for us. He just a great old fashioned no nonsense centre mid who likes a good tackle which I'm afraid to say has gone away from our game. Hopefully a future manager of our club. A lot of our fans wanted a stand named after him but nothings been done about it.
    Oh yeah, why not Reminds me of a certain other very commited player who is managing the club of another participant of this thread these days

Jimmy Calderwood is too good for Dundee. I also see Gus Macpherson is wanting it haha If they want long ball defensive football hes the man for them
    Oh aye, that's why I wrote in the opening post ''After being famous for playing ugly defensive football for years and always finishing second bottom (...) '' about St Mirren

As for Calderwood, I guess it depends if he can get through the doors at Dens Park
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; February 21, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Name names, you.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Oh yeah, why not Reminds me of a certain other very commited player who is managing the club of another participant of this thread these days
    Poor old Lenny had a knack of getting every 2nd of his yellows through constant moaning but boy, he could be hellish. In a pretty undamped way.
    Remember that tackle against...Julien Brellier, Skacel spatting him and all that?
    Earliest part of tm, we had a few discussions afterwards with Barocogo joking that someone described Lennon as intelligent...guess he proved a lateral thinker

Still a very astute player in his day, maximising the security to the extent that he was fundamently defensive & reactionary.
    As for Calderwood, I guess it depends if he can get through the doors at Dens Park
    Its quite odd why JC has such a shelf warmer reputation in scottish football.
    Has a pretty good record with almost any team he managed for at least 12 months. Is it his "sunny" personality?
    Jim Jeffries for example, has overspent as much as JC with Killie, Hearts & Dunfermline, had less success and still has the reputation of being on of the better managers.

Another question - Why are you jambos so sentimental with Driver leaving? Sure, one of your 5-1 heroes but if his reported 10k wage is correct, his last four years payments wasted 2m GBP. And I thought Rangers were overspending....
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Poor old Lenny had a knack of getting every 2nd of his yellows through constant moaning but boy, he could be hellish. In a pretty undamped way.
    Remember that tackle against...Julien Brellier, Skacel spatting him and all that?
    Earliest part of tm, we had a few discussions afterwards with Barocogo joking that someone described Lennon as intelligent...guess he proved a lateral thinker

Still a very astute player in his day, maximising the security to the extent that he was fundamently defensive & reactionary.
    Yeah, even you say that about him Didn't you have a Neil, Neil Lennon wanted play for Celtic- Song, though?

Treva, in this case I must admit Ally McCoist was probably a far more elegant player than the likes of Neil Lennon, John McGlynn or Hugh Murray could ever be

Its quite odd why JC has such a shelf warmer reputation in scottish football.
    Has a pretty good record with almost any team he managed for at least 12 months. Is it his "sunny" personality?
    Jim Jeffries for example, has overspent as much as JC with Killie, Hearts & Dunfermline, had less success and still has the reputation of being on of the better managers.

Another question - Why are you jambos so sentimental with Driver leaving? Sure, one of your 5-1 heroes but if his reported 10k wage is correct, his last four years payments wasted 2m GBP. And I thought Rangers were overspending....
    1. Aye his tan ist just too much But I think that mainly results from the rather ugly defensive football he plays with his teams, like the afore mentioned Gus MacPherson, and some strange decisions in transfers and tactics, despite all success. You can compare it with Gordon Strachan at Celtic I think, and back then you were one of his biggest critics

How did Jim Jefferies overspend for us or Dunfermline? He probably did at Killie, but he belonged to the natural equipment of the club back then

2. Well Laryea Kingston was on 20k ... You know in 2005/2006 we only made contracts on that level, and Driver was just one of the last to remain from that era (I think he signed a five-year-deal in 2008). Had he not had all these injuries he would probably be playing for Scotland and in the EPL now and it's always hard to give up on such a talented player.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Yeah, even you say that about him Didn't you have a Neil, Neil Lennon wanted play for Celtic- Song, though?
    Can't deny that he could be taken as a one-dimensional thinker, but he really is not stupid in common sense. Really in-depth and very, very calm in person. Goes in dark rooms after games, but guess thats how we introverts deal with pressure at best.
    Yep, its pretty good tbh compard with other songs like "Four Leaf Clover"
    Treva, in this case I must admit Ally McCoist was probably a far more elegant player than the likes of Neil Lennon, John McGlynn or Hugh Murray could ever be
    His club just took 100k off yours. Smart from them, ludicrous from your club to accept installments in first place. You never saw McCoist in non-fatness. Doesn't matter as Lennon is a more successfull manager.
    1. Aye his tan ist just too much But I think that mainly results from the rather ugly defensive football he plays with his teams, like the afore mentioned Gus MacPherson, and some strange decisions in transfers and tactics, despite all success. You can compare it with Gordon Strachan at Celtic I think, and back then you were one of his biggest critics
    Agreed, but that adds to it, imo. The squad of Kopenhagen was not better than your current one and under him, you had remarkable performances. Pretty isolated, yet still often enough to go down as the pinacle of Aberdeen's 2000s. Its long gone but way more than John Brown, Gus McPherson or Billy Dodds can offer.

How did Jim Jefferies overspend for us or Dunfermline? He probably did at Killie, but he belonged to the natural equipment of the club back then
    He brought guys like Kevin Kyle to both clubs on very high wages. Kilmarnock stll has a high wagebill but under him it was close to 4-5m. You always mentioned his yearly Toscana-vacation visit with the club.

2. Well Laryea Kingston was on 20k ... You know in 2005/2006 we only made contracts on that level, and Driver was just one of the last to remain from that era (I think he signed a five-year-deal in 2008). Had he not had all these injuries he would probably be playing for Scotland and in the EPL now and it's always hard to give up on such a talented player.
    No wonder UKIO is going bust. 4 of that 5 years were wasted but thats harldy his fault.
    Yeah....seems thats an effect of a coherent group losing one of its icons that have lost their glaze for others long ago.

I'll go sentimental when Sammy/Broony leave as well. Or Mo Bangura.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; February 22, 2013 at 05:32 PM.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.

You never saw McCoist in non-fatness. Doesn't matter as Lennon is a more successfull manager.
    Don't be so sure, according to good ole sir Walter, McCoist's responsible for Rangers winning some Cup of sorts.
    Anyway, Neil won one league title last year, both Ally and Neil will win one each this year, and probably so for the next year too, so there won't be that much of a difference.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Next season will be horribly hard so lets not get picky about incomparable circumstances. We do have a higher points per game ratio

At least we'll have him to entertain the league

Last edited by Cold_Mac; February 25, 2013 at 06:52 AM.

cant wait for wednesday, going to beat the jambos )

Btw this is hilarious haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdD_OPUDOfM
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Next season will be horribly hard so lets not get picky about incomparable circumstances. We do have a higher points per game ratio

At least we'll have him to entertain the league

Show us the title deeds!

nice wee win tonight at the expense of the jambos. Mausolos wont be too happy

Can I just say goal of the season tonight at Saint Mirren Park. Graeme Carey wow..... What a strike!!!!! Wait untill you see it !!!
    the dream will never die

Can I just say goal of the season tonight at Saint Mirren Park. Graeme Carey wow..... What a strike!!!!! Wait untill you see it !!!
    Have heard it, everyone describes it as "wondergoal", "goal of the season" or "best since McFadden"

Do I repeat myself when I say that Kayal & Commons are useless, ineffective, unsporting and still think they deserve an EPL-switch? Get them fo ****.
    I dread the game against you at the WE...loose there and it turns a good season into a very average one.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; February 27, 2013 at 05:05 PM.

Well if it weren't for Dundee being in completely dismal form Hearts would be staring relegation in the face.

Also, the title is ever closer! .
    СИНДИКАТ!

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Well if it weren't for Dundee being in completely dismal form Hearts would be staring relegation in the face.

Also, the title is ever closer! .
    Its more important for them to survive and build on youth. Jamie Walker is really excellent and McGlynn is gone now. If they avoid Levein, it should pay out.

I know. Which adds to the problem. Since mid-January we are back doing our unprofessional, arrogant self-fisting. I'm just baffled.
    We played Dundee FC at home last weekend with a full-strength squad....to rotate the whole squad at Firpark?

Stokes & Samaras? Two enigmas with low workrate? Wanyama & Rogne? The bad'n ugly and the non center half? Rogic & Kayal? All three duos were crap individually and as a pair prior to that. So why do it again? Where did Lennon thought our goals were coming from?
    Commons never bothers his fat arse before a big game in case he gets injured so why pick him?
    We missed Wanyama and Ledley in the midfield. Ledley just had his best game of teh season and was "rested". I know his hip flexor muscle problem is growing but to bring him on in this case is silly & risky.
    Our subs were Mowbray-esque, when ed up, bring on 3 panic subs. Ambrose was humiliated in public as he was subbed 2 mins pre HT "because he was feeling fatigue a bit", yet comes on - again - as a firefighter with the inevitable toss-up.
    Lennons rage was kind of ridiculous but he at least took blame on himself and takes the quarter-final on with a serious approach. Needs to stop telling us what he is going to do and actually do it. Our squad is nowhere near as good as it is made out to be. Resilient, witty & determined when chasing the carrot of glory <-> insipid, casual & turgid when on duty.

So, too many players left out, out of position, not trying a leg or failing as usual.

With Wanyama & Hooper definitly leaving in the summer, we need to get rid of Kayal, Commons & Rogne and replace them with better, or rather, more willingly responsible squad players. No chance we will keep the 43k ST holder.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; February 28, 2013 at 07:14 AM.

Have heard it, everyone describes it as "wondergoal", "goal of the season" or "best since McFadden"

Do I repeat myself when I say that Kayal & Commons are useless, ineffective, unsporting and still think they deserve an EPL-switch? Get them fo ****.
    I dread the game against you at the WE...loose there and it turns a good season into a very average one.
    I can't wait for saturday going to be a good game!!
    the dream will never die

Which means we will win the final

We should have had a penalty when Sutton was pulled down, but these youngsters are just not good enough (yet). McHattie is a liability at the back, Paterson is too versatile to be really good in any position and Walker is too egoistic. Thanks to Dundee they have room for development, though.

He brought guys like Kevin Kyle to both clubs on very high wages. Kilmarnock stll has a high wagebill but under him it was close to 4-5m. You always mentioned his yearly Toscana-vacation visit with the club.
    Yeah buth I doubt Kevin Kyle was a high earner at Tynecastle, compared to others. Overspending was really not JJ's fault during that time, he brought him some cheap players as well.

Which means we will win the final

We should have had a penalty when Sutton was pulled down, but these youngsters are just not good enough (yet). McHattie is a liability at the back, Paterson is too versatile to be really good in any position and Walker is too egoistic. Thanks to Dundee they have room for development, though.

Yeah buth I doubt Kevin Kyle was a high earner at Tynecastle, compared to others. Overspending was really not JJ's fault during that time, he brought him some cheap players as well.
    Lets hope not haha I'm sorry but that was the worst hearts team I've seen in a while and we go into this final as favourites. But it would be our style to throw the final when we should win.
    the dream will never die

Lets hope not haha I'm sorry but that was the worst hearts team I've seen in a while and we go into this final as favourites. But it would be our style to throw the final when we should win.
    I always said you are favourites Yes it is. Probably the worst team since the 70s when we were down in the First Division and got destroyed by Hibs by five goal margins on a regular base. But as I said there's talent and I have hope that these teenagers will learn and improve. But in the end what counts is to find a new owner so we can finally pay our debt and invest in the team again. If Vlad stays we might actually go down next season (but I'm very confident he won't).

I always said you are favourites Yes it is. Probably the worst team since the 70s when we were down in the First Division and got destroyed by Hibs by five goal margins on a regular base. But as I said there's talent and I have hope that these teenagers will learn and improve. But in the end what counts is to find a new owner so we can finally pay our debt and invest in the team again. If Vlad stays we might actually go down next season (but I'm very confident he won't).
    Thank God for Dundee eh haha both of our teams would be in trouble. Can't see you getting a new owner if mad vlad wants 50 million for the club.
    the dream will never die

Thank God for Dundee eh haha both of our teams would be in trouble. Can't see you getting a new owner if mad vlad wants 50 million for the club.
    The interested parties are saying there has been progress, though, and even Vlad's loyal adjutant Fedotovas himself said the club would probably be sold this season.