Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5 30 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1170

Thread: Scottish Football 2013/2014

Pinarius's Avatar Princeps Prior

Default Re: Scottish Football 2013/2014

Olle Menschen samma zwider

Treva, the Renewer's Avatar Sagittarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Eh, thats a natural crossover of higher vocabulary. German language usually imports those from foreign influence (latin) and I tend to oversophisticate sentences in german too, Asberger's curse!

My girlfriend has her two math-exams this week and I'm boldly supporting her [...which means cooking pancakes and playing GTA V for the first times] aaaaand because Celtic ed up the season.

3 failures out of 4 competition - we're so consistent that we fall asleep during matches and our losses come against cup-opposition, d'Oh! Biton is already a better play than Ledley. God I start disliking everyone who leaves us.
    A girlfriend? If she's that bothersome, I'll take her off your hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac
    Are they that sure about the home support to turn up? I've got not a clue about the state of argentinian football.
    Due to violence, not that much. but a match with 10-20 thousand away fans (and20-40 home fans) was a sight to behold, and not so long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac
    I know there are war-veterans in Argentina, but you should have one.
    I should have a war-veteran? They don't sell them cheap, y'know.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.

D a tha Montrose Mr ag rdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Pili Prior

The cup game between that new 3rd tier and a 4th tier team is on tv- scandalous!

19 May 2012
    Hibernian 1-5 Heart of Midlothian

''Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.''

Sir Winston Churchill

Cold_Mac's Avatar Princeps

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    A girlfriend? If she's that bothersome, I'll take her off your hands.
    Are you that needy/is Argentinian beauty that bleak that you'd fly over for that? At least bring pancake & alligator meat with you!
    Due to violence, not that much. but a match with 10-20 thousand away fans (and20-40 home fans) was a sight to behold, and not so long ago.
    Seems a brillant occasion - even 3/4k away fans usually make for a good atmosphere.

The two other clubs I know that disencourage away fans to come are Hearts and Hoffenheim. Mausolos will love this analogy.
    I should have a war-veteran? They don't sell them cheap, y'know.
    Well, you might save a bit if he's in your family. Mine's gone, so I had to hire one of those perpetually drunk soldiers for weekends' entertainment. Yer team came over for pre-season training, their camp was literally on the way to my GF in Marienfeld. We even have a Unionist-shop in Gtersloh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    The cup game between that new 3rd tier and a 4th tier team is on tv- scandalous!
    It's hardly an interesting match either, ICT vs Dundee United is going to be a thriller.

Besides, who thought naming your club with 2 suffixes would be a wise idea? Whats your thoughts on today's game?
    Satisfaction is a mere construction - but a beautiful one.

I was at the Rankers pre- season a few years back. I actually bumped into Nacho Novo after the game and he looked straight at me. Hundreds of fans were approaching to get something signed by him, but I just walked on

The game yesterday was okay, we had far worse games this season, but you didn't pull off the greatest of performances either. And yes, Caley against United should be a decent game, especially when we remember their meeting in the Cup. Everyone is talking about Aberdeen & Rankers, but the winner of this quarter final should also have a very good chance on the trophy.

19 May 2012

''Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.''

Sir Winston Churchill

Oh my eyes! My eyes!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Scotland's away kit: 'A rare occasion, unknown since Beckham's glory days'
    Scotland's rhubarb and custard number has divided opinion so we turn to our fashion guru for the definitive assessment of the Tartan Army's new threads

John Ashdown and Hadley Freeman
    theguardian.com, Wednesday 26 February 2014 18.06 GMT

Celtic's Scott Brown, centre, helps launch Scotland's new away kit for the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign. Photograph: Craig Williamson/SNS Group

Scotland launched their new away kit on Wednesday, a lurid yellow, pink and white hooped number described by the Scotttish FA as "a fun, modern interpretation of one of Scotland's most iconic jerseys" and described by everyone else as the football shirt equivalent of a packet of Refreshers. Or a Fruit Salad. Or a Zoom lolly. Or some rhubarb and custard sweets. Or a selection of pear drops. Or a fitting tribute to beloved 1980s puppet character Pob.

It may not be quite in the league of Athletic Bilbao blobs in 2004 or La Hoya Lorca's sprout-infested effort of last season but, as the midfielder Scott Brown put it, "It will certainly make us stand out from the crowd."

So then we turned to Guardian column and fashion guru Hadley Freeman for the definitive assessment of the Tartan Army's new threads. "Here we have one of those rare occasions, unknown since the glory days of Beckham, when a fashion moment in football will get more approval from the fashion world than, I strongly suspect, the football one. "Fluro" - the fashion shorthand for fluorescence, try to keep up with the lingo here - is not an especially major trend this summer, at least not in menswear, but that makes the Scotland team's decision to embrace it that much more impressive (quick fashion lesson: following trends is cool, not following them is even cooler.)

"Admittedly, to some untrained eyes, this kit might make the Scotland team resemble an 80s boyband, or possibly S Club 7 in their earliest outings. But to those wearing their fashion goggles, this looks like a delightful, if admittedly unexpected, homage to Marc Jacobs menswear. The hotpink piping around the neckline is especially daring (fashion speak for bizarre and therefore amazing) and the gap between the pink and first yellow stripe is just at nipple height, amping up the camp element to the look. I fully expect the edgiest of male fashion bloggers to be wearing the Scotland kit in the front row of Paris fashion week by tomorrow."

Could be worse, eh?
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.

Rumour has it, that this is actually red...

19 May 2012

Sir Winston Churchill

Should trouble our opponents eyesight to a decent extent.

Nothing can be as bad as the maroon kit from years ago when McLeish the qualification.

No chance for qualification in the new group.

Of course, because Poland is such an Uberteam. Teams Poland has beaten in competitive matches (since you don't count friendlies) since January 2012 (= in the past two years):

Moldova
    San Marino
    San Marino

And that's IT.

And Irland during the same time:

Kazakhstan
    Faroes
    Faroes
    Kazakhstan
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; February 28, 2014 at 09:37 AM.

19 May 2012

Sir Winston Churchill

We play piss-poor against east-european sides. Georgia ended our last good qualification. In the correlation between Poland & Germany, we'd be looking at 3rd. 2nd would probably be the best achievement of the national team. Other squads have qualified, but were perennial underachievers - especially '74 & '78.

Ireland is just as close to overrated pish as the EPL is.

It's still about 7/8 months until we play them and the lesser amount of Celtic players on international duty the better.

Come on Scotland!

Let's see if Mausolos or me are proven in their judgement.

Ah, yes, Scotland can beat North African teams, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Come on Scotland!

Let's see if Mausolos or me are proven in their judgement.

The Under19s also beat Switzerland 4-2 after being 1-2 down and the U21 gave a 2-0 lead away against Hungary by making too many substitutions.

19 May 2012

Sir Winston Churchill

Ah, yes, Scotland can beat North African teams, at least.
    We're destined to get the Coup de grce of Ireland, beating them twice.

It's the games against Georgia & Poland thats troubling me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post

The Under19s also beat Switzerland 4-2 after being 1-2 down and the U21 gave a 2-0 lead away against Hungary by making too many substitutions.
    At least a good thing to happen in the last days

I'm assuming the U19 & U21 were consisting of Hearts & Celtic players? At least 4 of our squad were called up.

The Great Montrose's Avatar Princeps Prior

We'll start the game again with the fixtures beginning the weekend of the 14th,

Anyone see Celtic signed a 13 year old keeper from accies who was on trial with athletico ,Liverpool and everton?

We had 3 in the under 21's
    Pope Martin V -"the Scots are well-known as an antidote to the English."

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

@Cold_mac

Not really, wide spread over different teams- of those who played (both teams combined):

Celtic 2
    Hearts 4
    Hibs 3
    St Mirren 3

Apart from them every team had only one player (Be that Fulham, Motherwell, Port Vale or Falkirk). Not including U19 subs since the SFA site didn't show them.

@Andy

Good to hear Be sure to upload the fixtures early enough And yeah I heard about the goalie, didn't he play in the U20 league for Accies, too?
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; March 08, 2014 at 10:36 AM.

19 May 2012

Sir Winston Churchill

We signed another 13-year old from Accies, not so long ago.

Don't expect to hear anything about them though. We're not a great club for developing youngsters.

What was the funniest moment of the football weekend?

1. Treva's famous team drawing with a bunch of plumbers, masons and journeymen bakers?

2. Manuel Pellegrini saying ''I'm proud to manage a team like Manchester United'' and then losing to Wigan?

3. Nrnberg manager Gertjan Verbeek: ,, I have noticed by now that the referees here (in the Bundesliga) are scarcely better than in Holland!'' ?

or

4. Dean Brill?

19 May 2012

Sir Winston Churchill

Definitly 4 A Makalambian-performance.

Well, 1. wasn't that funny as it was an absolutly terrible game. Neither team were willing (Sevco) or able (Rovers) to keep the ball and after the goal it was pretty much long-ball after long-ball, after long-ball... until eventually someone barged the goalie into the net, 1950's style.

2. It's Man City. The Aberdeen Hibs of down south, a 1bn squad that looses the league to a poor Man Utd team, gets twice embarassed in europe and, after all the talk of a quadruple, will likely just win the League Cup. Which is kinda sad as it reminds me of Neil Lennon's treble-pish each season...

The Great Montrose's Avatar Princeps Prior

Player------------------------Teams Picked-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Points

The Great Montrose--------Rangers, Buddies,Ayr,Pars,DU,accies,Celtic,Hearts,Inverness,Fakes,clyde,Dons,Peterhead,AlloaHibs----------------------28

Treva------------------------Alloa,Falkirk,Annan,Cowdenbeath,Elgin,Motherwell,Arbroath,Sons,Livi,Well,QoS,Clyde,Pars,Peterhead,Ton, United------24

Mausolos--------------------Livi, Dundee united,stirling,hibs,alloa,Celtic,Raith,Pars,Dundee,Dons,ES,Caley,Albion,Stranraer,EastFife, Brechi --------22

Danny-----------------------QotS, Plastic Whistle,Dons,Caley,DU,Celtic,Accies,Alloa,Fakes-----------------------------------------------------------------19
    --
    MonTeZuma-----------------County, Annan,Peterhead,Dundee,Stenny,well---------------------------------------------------------------------------------11

Cold_Mac-------------------Raith Rovers,Pars,Celtic,Falkirk,Fake Saints,Hibs,Hearts,Dundee,Accies,Partick,Well------------------------------------------9
    Pope Martin V -"the Scots are well-known as an antidote to the English."

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Thread Information