Thread: [Unit Request] - Dismounted Knights of Jerusalem

Icon11 [Unit Request] - Dismounted Knights of Jerusalem

Before I am flogged for requesting a unit that is seemingly already in the game allow me to clarify.

The unit "Dismounted Knights of Jerusalem" already seen in-game is misleading-- the description for the unit actually says the name of the unit is "Jerusalem Guard" saying the unit is composed of lesser knights and such, stating that the Knights of Jerusalem were too valuable a force to dismount. I already altered the current name and description of the DKOJ to read as intended, Jerusalem Guard, because I am a stickler for textual accuracy lol

What I am proposing is that a new unit be created to rectify this. I looked into how to do it myself for it seems simple enough, take the current dkoj unit, copy-paste necessary information, and give the unit swords instead of spears and apply appropriate stat changes... however I discovered there is more to be done than that ... and I don't know which files are which when it comes to the meshes/textures etc...

So perhaps a rogue of the BC team would like to submit a mini submod?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Default Re: [Unit Request] - Dismounted Knights of Jerusalem

Quote Originally Posted by Moonflower View Post
    Before I am flogged for requesting a unit that is seemingly already in the game allow me to clarify.

The unit "Dismounted Knights of Jerusalem" already seen in-game is misleading-- the description for the unit actually says the name of the unit is "Jerusalem Guard" saying the unit is composed of lesser knights and such, stating that the Knights of Jerusalem were too valuable a force to dismount. I already altered the current name and description of the DKOJ to read as intended, Jerusalem Guard, because I am a stickler for textual accuracy lol

What I am proposing is that a new unit be created to rectify this. I looked into how to do it myself for it seems simple enough, take the current dkoj unit, copy-paste necessary information, and give the unit swords instead of spears and apply appropriate stat changes... however I discovered there is more to be done than that ... and I don't know which files are which when it comes to the meshes/textures etc...

So perhaps a rogue of the BC team would like to submit a mini submod?
    new units is a good thing but KoJ already have a ridiculous amount of unit variety as well as this will be a minor concern or maybe you could tell the devs to kinda add that to the new version as well as many new units for other factions,etc.,etc.

I don't see where is the problem, even more units in roster is better.
    It's right that KOJ has a lot of different units (and each of them are really the best of all western units from any mod of MTW2, religious units like hospitallers or templare are outstanding), and it is a good thing.
    Muslims factions have very beautiful units too, and it's not like in Vanilla, because each factions have different units.
    Eastern Roman units are awesome too, and i thing there are the most realistic ERE units of any other mod.

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

as i know there is a limit for possible units in game.
    according what devs said there will be some more factions in next relases so they will need their own unique units so i do not think they will add dism.knights of jerusalem to koj the faction that has many units.

thanks for the feed back and thank you k/t i'll get on this right away. interested in me uploading the unit?
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

I have no objections. You might have to get permission from wudang, though.

*mistake post. please delete!*
    Last edited by Moonflower; January 20, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

Soooo... I do have my new unit in game however it is suffering from multiple symptoms: jesus syndrome of scabbards, as well as improper UV maps (I believe [the shield colors are all messed up]) -- I recently fixed an improper bone assignment that caused the sword to stay at the right hip yet that is what caused the scabbards to start floating! ...now I'm at a loss with how to correct these two errors. I've read that to fix UV map errors due to conversion you need to use the texture coordinate editor in ms3d.. I took a look at the tool and had no idea where to start... besides that bit of knowledge lol I am clueless!

Screenies attached as well as the mesh and ms3d files.

Dear BC modders who have a moment of spare time for a loyal fan, please assist (:

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Such questions should be asked in Skins, Models, and Animations. We really don't have spare time to assist, sorry.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Created and implemented credits to BC team's modellers/skinners for base unit of course... all i did was give them a sword and removed their cape I can't even fathom how long it took to put all those polys in place... talk about headachessss

if anyone would like to use this unit let me know and I will upload it to the submods section, with bc team's permission of course.

screens for you anyhow!