Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Portuguese terços Unit Variety Mod (download updated to v.2)

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Portuguese terços Unit Variety Mod (download available)

If you could make them speak Portugees instead of English like in NTW that would be perfect. Also the units still look more Spannish than Portugees with that helmet and red and yellow shirts. It would be better if the shirts were more blue/white/grey in variety for historical reason.
    Last edited by Cromagnon2; December 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagnon2 View Post
    If you could make them speak Portugees instead of English like in NTW that would be perfect. Also the units still look more Spannish than Portugees with that helmet and red and yellow shirts. It would be better if the shirts were more blue/white/grey in variety for historical reason.
    Good point about yellow/red cloth. Those are leftovers from the first quick recolour version and since I plan to make some improvements/changes for the mod in the future, those might be replaced - I have plans to make more thorough retextures of those parts.
    As for the speech... well, it would be really great. If I find time, I'll try to look for a solution.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

I've uploaded new version. It has literally cost me quite a few tears to make this so I'm going to take a break now.
    Some toros (especially red/yellow one) and pants have been retextured. Here's what's new:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Old version is still available btw.

Default Re: The Portuguese terços Unit Variety Mod (download updated to v.2)

Thanks a lot Bull! this is what i was looking for!!

Great mod, they should be called "spanish tercos" is more accurate

This is awensome!

+Rep!

medhood's Avatar Laetus
    Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, Were the kangaroos live

Nice skin man, but can you make a version were they all wear armour(armour doesn't have to look the same), have the same origional colours for their pants and sleeve's etc and some of them are clean shaven like the banner bearer from version 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Haldier View Post
    Thanks a lot Bull! this is what i was looking for!!

Great mod, they should be called "spanish tercos" is more accurate
    More accurate? Portugal was the european faction present at that time, and even during the so called "Iberian Union", the forces present in their former empire were still portuguese...

Hi Bullgod! This mod is just amazing (just as your daimyos), you just amaze me! But how do you do this? I've just started experimenting a bit with modding and I've succeded quite well with putting together my units (for example giving a general both shoulder guards and jinbaori). Problem is that because I dont know how to edit textures I get these ugly instances when for example the shoulder guards show through the jin baori. Could you explain how to edit textures? If its not to much to ask... I've been looking around in the modding section but can't find much.. If you know a tutorial that I can use I'd be much grateful... I'm trying to make my own Matsudaira Katamori (FOTS) but so far I've had to borrow from your work (for my own use ofc). Thats why I'm asking...

Thanx beforehand!

Quote Originally Posted by SODK View Post
    Hi Bullgod! This mod is just amazing (just as your daimyos), you just amaze me! But how do you do this? I've just started experimenting a bit with modding and I've succeded quite well with putting together my units (for example giving a general both shoulder guards and jinbaori). Problem is that because I dont know how to edit textures I get these ugly instances when for example the shoulder guards show through the jin baori. Could you explain how to edit textures? If its not to much to ask... I've been looking around in the modding section but can't find much.. If you know a tutorial that I can use I'd be much grateful... I'm trying to make my own Matsudaira Katamori (FOTS) but so far I've had to borrow from your work (for my own use ofc). Thats why I'm asking...

Thanx beforehand!
    I would also very much like to learn how to create custom textures.

Quote Originally Posted by SODK View Post

Thanx beforehand!
    How to edit textures?
    I'm sure there are plenty of good tutorials on the internet. There are some on this forums, although maybe not in Shogun 2 section.

in STW2 there are 4 texture files:
    1 - diffuse, which is basically main texture- Alpha channel there is responsible for masking the texture (black color masks, that is makes texture invisible)
    2- normal, which is the bumpmap. There is alpha channel that consists of (let's say) normal map displacement for more depth. There is nvidia plugin for PS helpful in making those maps. There are programs like CrazyBump also. Look in Medieval2 or Empire section for tutorials, or simply use Google to learn more.
    3- gloss_map, which is a file responsible for (ehm) glossiness of the surface. Color code is pretty strightforward.
    4- colour_mask that has information on where clan colours should be applied on the texture.

You can change existing textures and put them in your mod pack file, or create new folder with new textures and change path for body part in unit variant file to that new texture set.

Other than that I don't feel up to the task of explaining how to use Photoshop (or any other graphics editor) from the ground up. If you have specific question or problem then ask.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

BullGod, I was rightly searching for you, two reason.1.Say thanks for this essential mod. (Why CA must realease units made of monochromatic stains and a free modder have to completely rework it creating at least a true concretely "complete" work? no flame, mine is a simple question..and still another sort of congrats)2.To Rep you and post a screen I've took days ago showing the true spanish tercos in actionthanks mate, all the best!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot57848.bmp.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	888.3 KB 
ID:	270965

Thanks, DramaBelli. I'm very glad you enjoy it. And very nice screenshot, great colors

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

The only thing I can do at my best, to omage a modder's work I'm going to use, runs through this way

And is a concrete pleasure with this kind of visual enhancement!

Here the Tercos fighting in melee

PS: colours are from ACC mod by Demokritos combined with Vastator unit style under the main flag of overhaul Radious mods

The rain not shows the variety of your unit at its best; better during spring, summer period when the warmth of the contestual colours better reflect the shades of tercos uniforms, as shown in the other shot (more similar to a "paint"...so I would suppose you was inspired by painters reproducing uniforms and clothes during the Rinascimento).

PPS: yes it would be great if tercos could speak in spanish language (same as japanes lang for jappo units) but I think is impossible (?)
    it's quite strange as to listen at Roman units giving orders in english during the naval approach to Carthago in one of RII TW trailers

see you BullGod!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot50878.bmp.jpg   Screenshot51540.bmp.jpg  
    Last edited by DramaBelli; March 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM.

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

I saw a collection of musketeer equiptment in a museum once. The morion (helmet) aswell as other stuff was often bought by the soldiers themselves, who often decorated those and bought lush decorations for their morions. Usualy the richer ones -meaning the officers

Other than that, one should keep in mind that "mass production" of uniforms and armor didnt exist during the 16th century. So this mod makes the unit more historicaly accurate by creating that diversity. Usualy, only the better paid troops had the better armor, which they bought themselves. Also, the armor kept looking differently from soldier to soldier.

If I may make a suggestion, can I ask if you can add some texture to the morios, thereby creating more divirsety??

or is that to complex?

are you attempting to make a nuban faction ??? if so that would be so sweet !!! all the stuff is there too you got the cracks and black ships . and now theses new units all you would need to do is create a fancy roster and perhaps a prince or high ranking general as a diymo right???

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Bullgod your texturing skills are outstanding.

A must have - Downloaded!
    -Scope

Author of:

Ninja Hero Mod V3.0 (For Hattori, Tokugawa and FOTS Factions) *Released 08/06/2013* - Addition of new FOTS campaign Shinobi Hero unit, rebalancing and new unit randomisation.

Civis

awesome mod!! would it be possible to make portugal playable in the gc?

Really cool mod. Do you think you could make the banner the Portuguese emblem from the faction icon? Also, Portuguese accents would be a nice touch.

Is it possible someone could re upload the latest mod?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast