Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAR subbox

Libertus

Default AAR subbox

I think there should be an AAR subbox in this box.

Default Re: AAR subbox

That is a great idea! By all means create one.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Just created the AAR Subbox as a sticky, so user can feel free to post comments here without worrying about interfering other ongoing discussions.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Alright Parthian asked me to post this here.

Frankly theres not much need for the high tech units since Amazon Heavy Peltasts and Plumbatari cohorts are such solid starting units as it is. Once you toggle off their skirmish function they have the stats to face most infantry in a hth fight; not to mention a brilliant ranged attack. These usually make up the bulk of my Amazon armies. I then take Round Shield Cavalry once I can train them. Most AI amazon armies are more mixed than this with lower quality units but this still gives them a considerable edge against most factions once they have the resources. In most cases the geography of the map mitigates this. They have few starting proinves and those nearby are very spaced out. The Amazonians are close to the Seleucids.

As for my Thyssa playthrough itself. Very different this time around. The Geothe stayed in their starting province. Whilst the Amazonia faction went insane. They currently have all of germany, most of the steppe, dacia, macedonia, greece, illyria and of course northern asia minor. They had done all this by 239BC. They've even pushed back the romans! I think it makes a big difference if Armenia doesn't attack them and it seems that the huge slab of rebel territory between germany and scythia gives a huge advantage to them.

IMO I would extend either Scythia or Sarmatia to Olbia and Campus Venadae to block the Amazon factions sweeping through all that rebel territory to make a huge empire early on. Or increase the rebel armies in them like with Campus Missagetae. Just a suggestion.

wheeliepaul's Avatar Foederatus

Bibi asked me to find the problem chrisb stated that he ran into crashes 20 turns into playing Amazonia?

I already play with Amazonia (rev70D10.7z) and can't replicate the crash of chrisb. It works fine I am already in the year 249 BC with 36 regions. I even start a new campaign with amazonia without trouble. The only thing I noticed that after the first turn you get 15-20 notifications (earthquake, waterpump invented, plague) but the game works fine so far.
    Rev70D12.7z didn't work but I overwrite 70D10 instead of a clean game so this would probable the reason of the crash.

Bibi also asked me to post the following report

I have been hearing this runaway Geothe horror tale, and I finally witness it firsthand...

I was playing Suebii and after lost three kings and a few generals taking the nearby renegade regions (guarded by units after units of wagons plus the carriage-ballitas) with Suebii entry level spear and barb cavalry units, I finally took these regions and establish Suebii as a great power in Northern Europe, it was hair-raising fun until the 60th turn, the Geothe with low end advanced units were reaching the Baltic shore bristled with caro-ballista and Geothe Dispatcher cavalry.

And they were supposed to be bankrupt and powerless!

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliepaul View Post
    Bibi asked me to find the problem chrisb stated that he ran into crashes 20 turns into playing Amazonia?
    More recent info.

Bibi asked me to post the following report

Can the Geoth Amazon
    still recover and become dominant with rev70D12.7z?

rev70D12.7z after 75 turns playing with Western Celts the Geoth Army is only 4 generals (no other army) and 1 city (Tanais) and the starting 4 boats. They try to conquer cities but are to weak for this and won't be dominant this way.

Somebody mentioned that amazonia could easily conquer the northern rebel villages (I also saw this when playing the Western Celts) so I believe to consider some change in starting cities for them. Giving Buridava (now Amazonia) + Sarmizegetusa to another faction (Thracie or Western Celts) creates a barrier for amazonia to easily conquer these villages.
    Also giving the Greeks Sardis (now Seleucid) and Pergamum makes them a little stronger because they are to weak. Seleucid can be comprimesed with Side (now egypt) and egypt could get Mero (now rebel)
    Furthermore the Western Celts don't have Victory conditions, their barbarion chariots have still a male picture instead of female and you don't become the war wagon/heavily armored wagon/celtic amazon charriots after deploying all the buildings possible. When you choose custom battle these units are still available but playing the campaign they seemed to dissapeared.
    The Eastern Celts still becomes Tingi after a rebellion in this city. They even conquered 3 cities before the Libyan amazones managed to destroy them in Africa

in 7.0E rev4 the rebel camel riders don't have a unit card
    Also when you open the unit card of the armenic horse lancers you lose all the values (armour 8, missiles 10 etc) of all other units cards, after reloading the game they are back till you open again the unit card of the armenic horse lancers.
    Armenia has no victory conditions

in 7.0E rev4 the rebel camel riders don't have a unit card
    Also when you open the unit card of the armenic horse lancers you lose all the values (armour 8, missiles 10 etc) of all other units cards, after reloading the game they are back till you open again the unit card of the armenic horse lancers.
    Armenia has no victory conditions
    Thank You So Much WP!

Since I am getting ready to get on a flight, I have texted Bibi and she will be looking into this.

Here's a summary of missing pictures/victory conditions/units/temples

ARMENIA: no victory conditions, armenic guard lancer is general bodyguard, arminic guard immortal has 1 leg in picture
    FAR EAST CELT: no victory conditions, missing picture for celt slinger/peltast/infantry/cavalry/sword company/nobles/foot guard/general/militia horse archer/peasant and forest hunters
    SCYTHIANS: no victory conditions and have only 3 temples (don't know if they should have more)
    THRACIANS: no victory conditions
    IBERIA: no victory conditions
    SUEBII: no victory conditions
    WESTERN CELTS: no victory conditions, barbarion charriot is male instead of female
    AMAZONS: no picture for general/elephant/war elephant/armored elephants and Geothe Incendiary Catapult Bireme
    LIBYAN AMAZONS: OK
    THYSSA AMAZONS: no picture for agema aexwomen/ thyssa elite reiter/ elephants/ war elephants/ armored elephants
    GEOTHE AMAZONS: no victory conditions, no picture for halberd company and swordswomen
    SARMATIANS: no picture for Geothe Incendiary Catapult Bireme
    ROME: no victory conditions
    MACEDONIANS: ok
    EGYPT: the new unit meroe queen's foot companion is missing in the campaign
    SELEUCIDS: ok
    CARTHAGIAN: ok
    PARTHIANS: have only 1 temple
    AVERNII: ok
    GREEK: no victory conditions

Thank you, WP!

This is wonderful information, and I will pass this onto Dragour who is helping creating some unit card to check.
    Test Coordinator, Amazons Total War

Katsoro's Avatar Libertus

Well this appears to be an After Action Report topic for amazon total war so I would like to post one for a battle I just finished.

In 264 BC the Amazonian queen Penthesilea 1374 of here most best women came across Rusa the Armenian King with his 124 bodyguards. Seeing as Armenia and Amazonian are at war she attacked him. She moved to this right flank to throw all her javelins the rest of her force throwing theres from the front. For some unknown resign King Rusa chose to stand still the whole time. This is what happened.

O.o (notice that all units are out of ammo including Penthesilea).

Thank you for the posting. This is an old AI problem with the RTW engine (designed started in 2003).

When the odds is too high, the AI could not find a viable solution to win, so the AI sometimes just let its unit sit.

As of why all the units ran out missiles, I don't know.
    Last edited by bibi g; May 21, 2013 at 06:28 PM.

Katsoro's Avatar Libertus

The resign the units ran out of ammo is because I set them to fire at will and they used it up, but as you can see from the casualties inflicted King Rusa laughed it off (only Penthesilea that was to his right did any damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Katsoro View Post
    The resign the units ran out of ammo is because I set them to fire at will and they used it up, but as you can see from the casualties inflicted King Rusa laughed it off (only Penthesilea that was to his right did any damage).
    Thank you for point that out. It was not obvious until you explained the score sheet.

Parthian Shot told me the general has five times the hit point of the body guard unit, since Rusa's unit has multiple hit points, and maybe Rusa has added hit point because of staff added to him. May it does take some large number of hits to take him down.

ARMENIA: no victory conditions, armenic guard lancer is general bodyguard, arminic guard immortal has 1 leg in picture
    FAR EAST CELT: no victory conditions, missing picture for celt slinger/peltast/infantry/cavalry/sword company/nobles/foot guard/general/militia horse archer/peasant and forest hunters
    SCYTHIANS: no victory conditions and have only 3 temples (don't know if they should have more)
    WESTERN CELTS: no victory conditions, barbarion charriot is male instead of female
    AMAZONS: no picture for general/elephant/war elephant/armored elephants and Geothe Incendiary Catapult Bireme
    THYSSA AMAZONS: no picture for agema aexwomen/ thyssa elite reiter/ elephants/ war elephants/ armored elephants
    GEOTHE AMAZONS: no victory conditions, no picture for halberd company and swordswomen
    Wheelie,

I must say this got to be one of the most systematic testing anyone has done for the Unit Info. I am just glad that someone is doing this for the mod-team.
    Last edited by Celestial shuttle buddy; May 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM.
    Proud Mod Team Member of Amazon Total War

Using Wheelie's post as a checklist, here is the current status

Armenia's victory condition is pointing to a RTW game engine bug, but I will ask Parthian Shot or Pea to look into this. Some faction were supposed to be minor faction, the complete and total conquest is not listed, so when the campaign start menu is checked as long campaign, the Armenia's victory condition is not displayed.
    On checking Parthian Shot's design document, Armenic guard lancer is supposed to be the general bodyguard, the reason is not given in the documentation.
    Armenic Guard Immortal has one leg: that is because the snapshot was taken to show the guard running.

FAR EAST CELT: no victory conditions, missing picture for celt slinger/peltast/infantry/cavalry/sword company/nobles/footguard/general/militia horse archer/peasant and forest hunters
    Victory condition: same as Armenia
    Erika has corrected all Celtic unit info issues.

Victory condition: same as Armenia
    Three temples has been in the test log since 6.0 days, so either it is intended or it has been an oversight since that long ago.

West Celt was not meant to be a playable faction originally, victory condition has the same issue as Armenia
    The chariot is as intended, Parthian Shot actually had note to Pea saying male or female warrior does not matter, but female model was used so we don't overrun the limited animation table size. I think in the later stage, she might switch it back to male, but that is up to her.

Jenn was supposed to fix the missing unit info pictures on all, but I was not able to check the Incendiary Catapult Bireme

Unit info for elephants are in place, but Dragour needs to look into the axewomen and reiter problems.

No change, except the Meroe queen's foot companion has already been added to the recruiting during campaign.
    Last edited by bibi g; May 21, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

Thank you for these kind words Celestial

Thank you for these kind words Celestial
    You are welcome! And I only made the comments based on result.
    Proud Mod Team Member of Amazon Total War

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast