Default Re: Rome II fan art

photoshop, copic markers, fineliner 005/008, pencils

TRIPTYCK
    'Carthago delenda est.'

Gaius Marius Maximus's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMoszejevsky View Post
    Ave

noble friend! why you do not tell us what's the name of this game ?
    even though i think that is only a mod but thank you in advance for sharing us the name

Strength and honor.

there was a very old Ancient-era based-mod for an AC Game that was discontinued, is it this one just being continued?

although I'm skeptical if this is an AC Game, the ground textures and terrain are too 3D for it, and also it would crash vigorously if you place 20k troops in one map, although it would still be possible to play with 10-12k soldiers on each side

Dacian Warlord (Dacian Wars)
    with finished Phrygian helmet from Trajan Column

Big Thanks goes to Andrei Pogăciaş und Johnny Shumate for his helping hands and inspirations for the helmet 3D figure.

H.Balck
    Last edited by AndyMoszejevsky; January 06, 2013 at 07:30 PM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by triptyck View Post
    yowza. that's quite a challenge you've set for yourself; the largest chariot battle in recorded history. Are you depicting a particular moment of the battle? Ramses leading the remnants of Ra division in the counter-attack after the initial Hittite attack reaches the Egyptian camp, perhaps? I always thought that sounded pretty dramatic. Be sure to show us when you finish it! I'd love to see it. I've always thought Pharoahnic troops looked bad-ass.

I haven't done a full battle scene yet... i'll get there I'm planning on doing single unit renders for a bit, get some practice in, before i tackle an even larger composition.

I also have this crazy idea to render a large battle scene in the artistic style of Greek black figure vase paintings/Egyptian wall paintings, much like the loading screens from Shogun2 were done in ukiyo-e style. But maybe i'll leave that to CA's art team, and render in the style i already use
    Thanks man, I actually have only done battles one other time, which is why it's so chalenging.
    The first time I did it like 3 years ago and did the Alexander mural for my art class, but instead it was star wars.

I'm trying to depict Muwatallis fighting Ramesses face to face on foot, while both armies crash into each other in the background. I've seen most Kadesh pictures depicting the camp scene but instead I sort of decided to draw something else. Just a generic battle scene probably, maybe later I will actually draw scenes from the battle.
    I am doing it in pencil so it will take a LONG TIME. I also don't have large enough paper so I will just take regular sheets of paper and then stick them together when I'm done.
    I will be a larger scale battle than my references which I will post below. I will actually draw Muwatallis as no one has ever done this before.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; January 06, 2013 at 04:57 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Patrician

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; January 06, 2013 at 05:40 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Der Phönix's Avatar Miles

Dacian Warlord (Dacian Wars)
    with finished Phrygian helmet from Trajan Column

Big Thanks goes to Andrei Pogăciaş und Johnny Shumate for his helping hands and inspirations for the helmet 3D figure.

H.Balck
    Why arn't you employed by the CA?
    Assess - Adapt - Attack

Patrician

^ I second that, Andy should be doing important stuff.

Marian Centurio

Gaius Marius Maximus's Avatar Miles

Ave

noble friend you are truly an artist and this centurion is one of the most beautiful
    unit i have ever seen!
    perhaps can you, make one based on the Centurion in my sign LoL

good luck
    Strength and Honor.

this went well.

Great work! Both, triptyck and Andy. Now that's the thread I like.

Ave

noble friend you are truly an artist and this centurion is one of the most beautiful
    unit i have ever seen!
    perhaps can you, make one based on the Centurion in my sign LoL

good luck
    Strength and Honor.
    Thank you so mutch for some positive critic - and yes I like to make an avatar for you - in wich size ?

Greetings from Bavaria
    H.Balck (aka Michael Weinert) BTW Andy is my artist name - Moszejewsky the East Prussia name of my dads family. His family had a tradition back to the od Teutonic knight in the 15 cent- we are good old germans.
    Last edited by AndyMoszejevsky; January 09, 2013 at 02:18 PM.

Yes - I like to see some more of my figures in your paint style- I love them so mutch - now they hang all on my office wall.

Here is a new one for you pencil:

Libyan Warrior: (used also for carthaginian armys in historical cloth and weapons)

H.Balck
    Last edited by AndyMoszejevsky; January 09, 2013 at 04:23 PM.

Keep it up guys. We love your work. And it doesn't look like the CA guys are going to cough up anything new any time soon.

haloband's Avatar Semisalis

Nice pics. I'll add one for fun.

Last edited by haloband; January 10, 2013 at 11:46 AM.

Seems one of the models made for collectionists. Very good.

Mice figures and props - can you send some of your stuff for Poser ore in obj ?
    Do your made this figure with poser ? Dou used Michael 4 or Michael 3 ?

H.Balck
    Last edited by AndyMoszejevsky; January 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM.

haloband's Avatar Semisalis

Mice figures and props - can you send some of your stuff for Poser ore in obj ?
    Do your made this figure with poser ? Dou used Michael 4 or Michael 3 ?

H.Balck
    This was modeled and rigged entirely in Modo by me. Everything is custom made with the purpose of being a high resolution image (much higher than the one posted here). Since this is not intended for gaming the mesh is very dense and large when exported to obj (over 400MB).
    Last edited by haloband; January 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM.