Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New The Hobbit models.

Senator

Default Re: New The Hobbit models.

Maybe the mod designers could add something similar to the MOS call for Dale's aid when Erebor is attacked. It's a Silvan Elf version, except that the Elves simply say 'No' before walking away.
    (Seriously, it's like Thranduil only cared about the dwarves because they had money! What a shocker.)

In all seriousness, Elk riders are a big no-no. I don't have a problem with Thranduil riding one, but not in the game! Definitely adding Dale units is a good idea, although all the Dale soldiers I saw, were on the screen for about a second before disappearing in a blaze of fire.

You could probably let Azog be a special unit, his special ability being, Egg-Whisk, in tribute to his prosthetic limb. Or maybe give him a set of prosthetic limbs. A Swiss Army prosthetic limb! Capable of opening bottles of wine at social gatherings, to impaling a dwarf in the face!

Makrell...NEVER mention anything that could possibly relate to that fraud of a wizard Radagast in my presence! I will not suffer him in the game!
    Last edited by Lortano; December 16, 2012 at 04:32 PM.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

I liked the new visuals, the new silvan elves were amazing, and considering this is fantasy i am not againist mirkwood elves riding elks, i am however unsure of theyre battle usage, as horses are faster. IF generals models for Silvan could give Thranduil and elk instead of a horse it would be cool, but not for everyone.

In other news i MUST have the rabbit wagon cavalry unit for Silvan or VOA

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

I'm against elk, this is PJ fantaisy, and JRR Tolkien's ideas and thoughts, take precedence over PJ's ideas.Though, I still saying that SE need new skin: next to HE they seem old, plus, there are white and brown haired elved (they do exist but not enough to be implement in units)
    And SE general look like Elrond, we should used them only for Elrond and create and more lore friendly Silvan elve general.

The last but not the least, we should definitly created two differents silvan elves faction, but KK is on his way to such a thing.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Back when I wanted a cow to ride it was explained to me that most animals don't have backs strong enough to support a man. I believe this applies to stags as well
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

I doubt elks are even fit for combat, but no one ever said we wanted elks for TATW. What I think is mostly useful are the new outfits and uniforms we see in The Hobbit, as I mentioned earlier we see different Silvan Elven troops behind Thranduil. We also see soldiers of Dale in the scene where Smaug attacks Dale itself, and we even see close ups of certain Dwarven soldiers.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Back when I wanted a cow to ride it was explained to me that most animals don't have backs strong enough to support a man. I believe this applies to stags as well
    well i cn understand that, but i do think elves are lighter than men and if that is the only issue i think he can be riding an elk yes

The moovie is alot better in terms of grafics and they have done a better resume of the story .

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

No oOIYvYIOo, they have made up design and story, but that's another thing.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    well i cn understand that, but i do think elves are lighter than men and if that is the only issue i think he can be riding an elk yes
    This, as in the Felloship of the Ring we see Legolas walking on snow without problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    No oOIYvYIOo, they have made up design and story, but that's another thing.
    Tolkien didn't explain most designs and looks almost at all and only few very thoroughly, and I personally think PJ and his team have done a marvelous work with most designs.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    Tolkien didn't explain most designs and looks almost at all and only few very thoroughly, and I personally think PJ and his team have done a marvelous work with most designs.
    Indeed.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

On the design I partly agree; while pale Orcs are just a big WTF, the elk proves that PJ wanted to direct Warcraft the Movie instead, Radgast (who should been freed of that yaik in his face) rode a horse and not a rabbit sledge and other such parts, design is the strenght of Jackson.
    Still I was not impressed by the Dale I saw, or the warrior Silvans at first impression (Thranduil's "crown" is further ridicilous) nor warrior Dwarves of Erebor in general and much else, however view that not negative but as neutral factors.
    Thinking of it the better designs of land, houses and people seems to me been those already created in and for LotR hehe.
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 17, 2012 at 09:02 AM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I completely agreed, the book didn't give details how they dress up or how their culture in very deep details.

To be honest, all we have know how they look like because Peter bring them out of the book to show us how ITS look like.

No Peter, No TATW
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Altimis, at best you can come and say that perhaps KK wouldn't begun unless inspired by the films, but to claim that TATW need the movies is just plain ignorance.

Read to books and you'll get loads of material for what armours and weapons Elves, Dwarves, Orcs/Goblins, Uruks, Northmen, Eastlerings, Gondorians, Haradrim, Trolls etc used, as well as engineering, music, politics, social rules, history, languages etc.
    Then there's unlimited historical source material, many many painters to have as inspiration and modders personal creativity, and to be fair most of the units in TATW is not based on the movies but lore, history and other inspiration.
    WETA's and PJ's creativity is just one interpetation of the lore we have, of which we should be grateful as a rule (certainly not always, if to be true to Tolkien), but they did not create the design of Middle-earth.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    On the design I partly agree; while pale Orcs are just a big WTF, the elk proves that PJ wanted to direct Warcraft the Movie instead, Radgast (who should been freed of that yaik in his face) rode a horse and not a rabbit sledge and other such parts, design is the strenght of Jackson.
    Still I was not impressed by the Dale I saw, or the warrior Silvans at first impression (Thranduil's "crown" is further ridicilous) nor warrior Dwarves of Erebor in general and much else, however view that not negative but as neutral factors.
    Thinking of it the better designs of land, houses and people seems to me been those already created in and for LotR hehe.
    The Hobbit is far, far away from a Warcraftish design.
    Its not PJ to blame if it would be the case, its Alan Lee. They have a distinguished textil-clothing, dozens of robes & changing it frequently. Elrond for example has 4 different robes in around 2 minutes of screentime.
    Take Thranduil, Galadriel & Elrond for example. What exactly is so warcraftish in this design? You know, that comic-arcade universe with character designs like those
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    for Elfs.

I agree about the pale Orc and highly respect your unbeatable knowledge of the lore and your verve when defending it, but that criticism is way over the top.
    You may hate the movie but to blame the design as warcraft-esque because we have seen one minor character on a deer for 5 seconds is rash & stereotyping criticism.
    Although I'm not particularly fond of them, the armor of Elrond is breathtaking, as noble, as refined as I thought of elfish design.

Thankfully a 5 minute search on Tumblr gives you any image

Spoiler for Thranduil

Spoiler for Galadriel

Spoiler for Elrond

The dosh on Radagast is an idiosyncrasy, just putting in a wizard with another robe is hardly making them individual and we never had an in-depth describtion of Radagast I'm aware of.
    He certainly comes across as a wood Leprechaun which is not everyone's taste but Saruman ridicules him twice, so its not out of picture.

While the rabbits were awkward, it was not the worst at the chase-scene which was over the top, went for too long and was ultimately unnecessary for the event it led to.

Final question: What is wrong with the Erebor warriors/desings? Its brillant. Top notch. You can even see the differences in the Soldiers of Erebor and the Fighters at Azanulbizar.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

We have yet to see Dáin, although I expect to be disappointed here.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; December 17, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

This thread has gotten way too off-topic, if you want to Jackson bash the The Hobbit 2012-2014 thread is right there, have fun, this is about implementing new armour designs, primarily for the Elves and Dwarves, Dale would be nice, not whether or not you like the designs themselves.

It is not about bringing up whether or not Elk can be ridden, again, if you want to nitpick and bash the movie, go to the other thread.
    Last edited by Haldir of the Galadhrim; December 17, 2012 at 10:03 AM.

I only considered the elk rider to be a very Warcraft-ish thing, where they ride on about anything - or is crossbreeds with anything as well, and did not bring anything else from the movie into that accusation.
    Well, the Dwarven mohawk is ofc Warhammer instead, where they also ride on about anything, but that's another matter haha.

I just was not fond over how they removed all dignity from Radgast, he's an istari, bewildered or not, and did not say they should change his personality mind you, just don't have poo in his face hehe

I belong to those who don't like plate mail, why I put it on the neutral list. Then they look like the Dwarves in Dragon Age or something else, it would been more creative, no matter lore, to stick to mail IMO hehe.

Cold_Mac

Your pics is brilliant lol

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir of the Galadhrim View Post
    This thread has gotten way too off-topic, if you want to Jackson bash the The Hobbit 2012-2014 thread is right there, have fun, this is about implementing new armour designs, primarily for the Elves and Dwarves, Dale would be nice, not whether or not you like the designs themselves.

It is not about bringing up whether or not Elk can be ridden, again, if you want to nitpick and bash the movie, go to the other thread.
    Whilst I agree the wood elves should be split into two factions redoing the dwarven faction and dale just because the movies have different designs is an absurd suggestion, do you have any idea how much work goes into skinning/modelling a entire faction from scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
    Whilst I agree the wood elves should be split into two factions redoing the dwarven faction and dale just because the movies have different designs is an absurd suggestion, do you have any idea how much work goes into skinning/modelling a entire faction from scratch?
    Wood elves already split into Lorien and Mirkwood

submod with MOS by Hero of the west, Ngugi, Stylix and others [sorry if I didn't mention name]

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Concerning the new Silvan units I'd really like to wait till the third movie and the Battle of the Five Armies and see them in action, new Dwarven units based on the movie will be most welcome

And Daín is shown in the movie I believe, after the battle against Azog where he was killed (not in the movie) you can see Balin hugging a dwarf with a mohawk, I believe that is Daín!

In the pics above from Cold Mac, the latest shows Daín left of Thorin I believe
    Last edited by Eönwë; December 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM.