Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: New The Hobbit models.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: New The Hobbit models.

I'd rather they keep the capes for units based on these. They are distinctive and really nice.

No point wasting an excellent design.

there are other ways to distinguish the officers.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

In the light of that we can not expect any future versions of TATW and thus this is a submod matter all together now, perhaps this thread should be moved over to the submod section?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    In the light of that we can not expect any future versions of TATW and thus this is a submod matter all together now, perhaps this thread should be moved over to the submod section?
    The Sub-mod section is only for finished submods i believe, so until someone make a sub mod this thread will have to stay here.
    Last edited by SuperTechmarine; February 14, 2014 at 03:04 PM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTechmarine View Post
    The Sub-mod section is only for finished submods i believe, so until someone make a sub mod this thread will have to stay here.
    It's not, but seeing as this has mainly been a discussion and there are probably many people who want to make the mod there's no reason to move it IMO.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTechmarine View Post
    Will this thread have to stay, or, should stay here, is up to Moderation Staff.

There are also submods started in the Submods forum, and were never released. So, that means that the Submods forum is not just for finished/released submods.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

After a quick chat about it we have decided to leave it where it is, definitive submod threads spin off naturally

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    I'd rather they keep the capes for units based on these. They are distinctive and really nice.

No point wasting an excellent design.

there are other ways to distinguish the officers.
    I suppose you could base the design of Dale officers off of Girion's armor. It didn't seem too ornate for the common soldiery or their officers at all. In which case the main distinction would be that Dale officers don't have cloaks. Or you could just use Laketown officers perhaps.
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post
    I suppose you could base the design of Dale officers off of Girion's armor. It didn't seem too ornate for the common soldiery or their officers at all. In which case the main distinction would be that Dale officers don't have cloaks. Or you could just use Laketown officers perhaps.
    Or maybe Girion's model could be the faction leader?

@ SuperTechmarine,
    Off topic posts get deleted. If you have more questions, PM one of the Moderators.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Back when I wanted a cow to ride it was explained to me that most animals don't have backs strong enough to support a man. I believe this applies to stags as well
    You realize this is middle earth dragons exist.. So i'm sure there could be elk and bovine capable of supporting an elf, plus aren't elves supposed to be much lighter than normal men?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by TJZ45 View Post
    You realize this is middle earth dragons exist.. So i'm sure there could be elk and bovine capable of supporting an elf, plus aren't elves supposed to be much lighter than normal men?
    In Tolkien's Middle Earth the Elves use horses, Elks are wild animals who have nothing to do with any wars. Also Dwarves have no cavalry, they prefer their heavy armoured legions. Tho i believe they did use ponies in The Hobbit to travel a bit, like in the film, not sure though. But Daín comes with his 500 Dwarves in a forced march to Thorin's aid.

I think Elves weight similair to men, otherwise they would be pretty easy to push over in battle eh?

Citizen

Elves can walk on snow, I dont think we should worry too much about them breaking a elk's back.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Well, I would argue the walking on snow is a skill rather than weightlessness, as otherwise all elves who climb mountains would be blown away by the winds And as Dutch-Balrog say's weightlessness would be really impractical in everyday life as well and not just in battle, being on a ship would practically mean death unless all the sailors are tied to the mast or something.

BTW when I say weightlessness, I don't mean complete weightlessness obviously, just that they would weigh less than humans, which I don't believe they do.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Citizen

"Oh what s that?"

"Never mind, its just some elves blowing in the breeze, better get the rake"

Master Shu Win's Avatar Foederatus

So is the Dale reskin canceled? If it is think Allah! Barding Hird are just so fecking cool I don't want to see those guys go away.