Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Reforms

Default The Reforms

The Reforms

Everyone else is opening their own threads to show their ideas, I will do the same, but I think Fab/Mim should just copy all these idea posts into one thread...

• Abolish the CoP and CoW, create a public subforum in the Curia that can be used like the Councils but for everyone, create a subforum within this one for the main council of 10 (5 elected, 5 appointed?) to meet
    • Make the QP (trials forum) visible, removing the secrecy but retain the order of the trial that exists because it is run by the CDC
    • Strategos elect Tribounos, Trium elect Strategos
    • Remove the ranks of Divus, Opifex and Artifex. Replace them with medals
    • Institute the Ivory Tower idea. Baiscally a forum where modders can share ideas, thoughts and discuss how to mod etc. (like CoW have proposed)

These are my main proposals. I think this will create a more streamlined Curia that is fit for helping and advising staff on matters of the site and not arguing over things that signify nothing.

I might be for electing moderators if the Curia can show it's worth.
    Last edited by Perikles; August 05, 2006 at 12:21 PM.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: The Reforms

1. I like how the 2 councils are seperate, maybe just open them up to everyone

2. I know many are in favour of public trials, but i think they should be conducted in private.

3. Agreed.

4. Id like to see the mdeal system organsied before divus, artifex and opifex are abolishe,d and artifex could play a key role in the ivory tower idea.

5. Hopefully the latest forum reorganisation proposal in the CoW will be implemented, but i think the admins are waiting for something to happen before doing it or something.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Perikles
    The Reforms

Everyone else is opening their own threads to show their ideas, I will do the same, but I think Fab/Mim should just copy all these idea posts into one thread...

• Abolish the CoP and CoW, create a public subforum in the Curia that can be used like the Councils but for everyone, create a subforum within this one for the main council of 10 (5 elected, 5 appointed?) to meet
    • Make the QP (trials forum) visible, removing the secrecy but retain the order of the trial that exists because it is run by the CDC
    • Strategos elect Tribounos, Trium elect Strategos
    • Remove the ranks of Divus, Opifex and Artifex. Replace them with medals
    • Institute the Ivory Tower idea. Baiscally a forum where modders can share ideas, thoughts and discuss how to mod etc. (like CoW have proposed)

These are my main proposals. I think this will create a more streamlined Curia that is fit for helping and advising staff on matters of the site and not arguing over things that signify nothing.

I might be for electing moderators if the Curia can show it's worth.
    • Is it needed to make a new forum for that? The Suggestus can easily be used for that purpose, as it is accessable to both civitates and peregrini. A subforum for the council can be made in the Suggestus. Unless you meant to have a forum for civitates only, which I do not find necessary.
    • No opinion on the matter. Although I like the idea of having them visible, I fear it will that a lot of threads will be started in the Curia to discuss the things said during the trial.
    • I agree.
    • I like the medals idea, but Lusted makes a fair point. Although I think medals can do the same as the honorary ranks, not?
    • I agree.
    Last edited by Perikles; April 21, 2007 at 07:00 AM.
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by Goscinio
    Is it needed to make a new forum for that? The Suggestus can easily be used for that purpose, as it is accessable to both civitates and pergini. A subforum for the council can be made in the Suggestus. Unless you meant to have a forum for civitates only, which I do not find necessary.
    You only have to consult one council on ideas that affect the whole site, people will also be able to comment in the public forum, many people have expressed a wish for such a forum.

No opinion on the matter. Although I like the idea of having them visible, I fear it will that a lot of threads will be started in the Curia to discuss the things said during the trial.
    The Curator/PC can make sure there aren't any or make sure there is only if they are going to have threads commenting on the trial.

I like the medals idea, but Lusted makes a fair point. Although I think medals can do the same as the honorary ranks, not?
    We don't need so many ranks, a medal system would be better in my opinion.

[*]Abolish the CoP and CoW, create a public subforum in the Curia that can be used like the Councils but for everyone, create a subforum within this one for the main council of 10 (5 elected, 5 appointed?) to meet
    No need
    [*]Make the QP (trials forum) visible, removing the secrecy but retain the order of the trial that exists because it is run by the CDC
    Keep it secret, theres no need, the Curia can see the results after
    [*]Strategos elect Tribounos, Trium elect Strategos
    Agreed
    [*]Remove the ranks of Divus, Opifex and Artifex. Replace them with medals
    Agreed
    [*]Institute the Ivory Tower idea. Baiscally a forum where modders can share ideas, thoughts and discuss how to mod etc. (like CoW have proposed)
    Agreed

I find these reforms MUCH more acceptable than those proposed by others.
    1. I don't like the idea of just throwing out the COW and COP, though.
    4. I think the Curia should still have a little sway in who gets elected. It may be a popluarity contest, but then again it's still a popularity contest when the staff decides.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal_Hicks
    I find these reforms MUCH more acceptable than those proposed by others.

1. I don't like the idea of just throwing out the COW and COP, though.
    They are being merged, so they can discuss changes that affect the whole site easier.

4. I think the Curia should still have a little sway in who gets elected. It may be a popluarity contest, but then again it's still a popularity contest when the staff decides.
    How can we give the curia sway without elections? :hmmm:

Civitate

I dont really agree with this, the curia needs to vote and trust staff, well basic moderators anyway. And the mods need to trust the Curia more, I also believe that the Tribunos should be re elected every two months by the Curia, those that dont impress much would not get re-elected. Its all about giving power to the Curia, as its the staff who hold the real power, so the Curia is sorta pointless at the moment.
    Also, the coucils detract from the power of the Curia. Trying to improve the whole site should be the job of the Curia and the civitate's, not just a select few who are members of teh council.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Still think the CoW and CoP should be seperate so proposals for the 2 different parts of the site TW and CC can be kept seperate.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    Still think the CoW and CoP should be seperate so proposals for the 2 different parts of the site TW and CC can be kept seperate.
    Actually, as I said in my above post, they should be dismantled.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Also, the coucils detract from the power of the Curia. Trying to improve the whole site should be the job of the Curia and the civitate's, not just a select few who are members of teh council.

Oh, I mean that the Curia should still be responsible for elections, as it would be our "right" granted from our Noble and Honorable Archer (ass kissing aside).

Well the Council of War is doing a fine job i feel, i would not want to see it dismantled. By only having a few members, all staff appointed to advise staff on how to improve the TW section of the site, it has been able to come up with several very good proposals. I would like to see the councils survive.
    Creator of:

Civitate

Well the Council of War is doing a fine job i feel, i would not want to see it dismantled. By only having a few members, all staff appointed to advise staff on how to improve the TW section of the site, it has been able to come up with several very good proposals. I would like to see the councils survive.
    The Cow is doing a fine job? What about issues that were discussed a month ago to revive the TW area, but so far the CoW has done nothing, well they have unified the RTW and Exp.s into one subforum with other sub forums for the exps. But what is really needing a shack up is the modding sections. Currently, there are three places to discuss mods, the tech help center, the modding workshop and the hosted community projects. These should be unfied into one subforum, where anything and everything can be discussed about modding, its too spread out currently. Wonder why the .Org is the home of the best mods and modding guides and discussions? Its because their modding forums are unified and far simpler to navigate.

Have you read the forum restructure proposal, what do you think the CoW is proposing, a major restructuring of the mod forums. I do not think it is right to blam the CoW that nothing has been implemented yet. I think Archer is waiting for the upgrade or something before making the changes. Do not blame the CoW for that. The reshaping and improving of the mod forums is all ready and waiting to go, just a few things need sorting out, like how do modders get access to the ivory tower or whatever it will be called? At the moment the CoW wants it to be for Artifexs/opifexs, but given the fact many in the Curia would like to see that rank abolished that may have to change.
    Creator of:

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    The Cow is doing a fine job? What about issues that were discussed a month ago to revive the TW area, but so far the CoW has done nothing, well they have unified the RTW and Exp.s into one subforum with other sub forums for the exps. But what is really needing a shack up is the modding sections. Currently, there are three places to discuss mods, the tech help center, the modding workshop and the hosted community projects. These should be unfied into one subforum, where anything and everything can be discussed about modding, its too spread out currently. Wonder why the .Org is the home of the best mods and modding guides and discussions? Its because their modding forums are unified and far simpler to navigate.
    Oh come on, have you read the Ideal Forum Structure for Modifications thread ? The CoW has been quite busy discussing everything, and has in my opinion done its job quite well. The reason why you haven't seen a lot of changes is because the CoW can't make those changes: they're only and advisory body. It's all up to staff.

Also: it's the holidays, many people go on a vacation, even the CoW members. In my opinion they've done a good job already, and will probably continue to do that.

Edit: written while Lusted posted.
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

Civitate

Yes so far nothing radical enough has happened, only a ping pong of idea's between the few members of the council, and no one can really agree on anything.

Strange, all the members of the CoW seem to be in agreement about the latest version of the forum restructure proposal, have i been missing something then? And like i said before the changes will be once a) the conditions for being allowed in to the Ivory Tower or whatever it is going to be called are finalised and b) the admins decide they like the layout and IMPLEMENT it. You want it implemented nowe? Go ask Archer to do it. I personally am going to wait until the last few details are ironed out. Were you expecting sudden radical changes implemented by the councils then?
    Creator of:

Civitate

Were you expecting sudden radical changes implemented by the councils then?
    Sorta, well actually I didnt know what to expect from them, only that when changes are needed, they are done, and the CoW hasnt really done this yet.

Now people start wanting to abolish the councils. Not good enough when Mudd rants about how pointless they are, now a blueshirt has too...

Oh yeah, and the other ideas I don't like.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Sorta, well actually I didnt know what to expect from them, only that when changes are needed, they are done, and the CoW hasnt really done this yet.
    I thin the CoW and CoP are waiting for staff to put some input in. the whole idea between turning them into one council is that they can discuss the whole site together, and still discuss the seperate communties. take rez for example, he is on the CoP but is a modder and would have some good ideas and input into the CoW too. Merging them allows him to do this, and allows the single council to discuss the whole site too. This also gives us the ability to have a publci councils forum...

On the elections, I think the Curia should elect moderators, but in the future, when we won't have the farce of the recent ones, I hope that time comes sooner rather than later, but really it all depends on the actions of us, the Curia...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast