Thread: Urban Barracks

Default Urban Barracks

In TE 4.0 what is the point in the Urban Barracks? By the looks of it it is obsolete as it provides no extra experience and no better troops. Am i right? Is this the same on 5.0/5.1?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Urban Barracks

Urban barracks produce Praetorain cohorts in Rome. That is it.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

and also first cohorts in rome?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

First cohorts are produced at the previous level of barracks.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

They produce Praetorians in 4.0? Only on the building list scroll it doesn't say them. Just wanted to check they hadn't been removed and that i therefore wasn't wasting my money

Quote Originally Posted by Asiriya
    They produce Praetorians in 4.0? Only on the building list scroll it doesn't say them. Just wanted to check they hadn't been removed and that i therefore wasn't wasting my money
    I don't think they say it unless you have the Reforms unlocked at the time. I could be wrong though. :wink:
    "Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith.
    Banish me from Eden when you will but first let me eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge."

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

No, your right. Even if you have the last forms of barracks you wont be able to use it until after the reforms to build Praetorians.

Quote Originally Posted by Hader
    No, your right. Even if you have the last forms of barracks you wont be able to use it until after the reforms to build Praetorians.
    Speaking of which, for the reforms do you merely have to have the population reach 24,000? No buildings besides the Imperial Palace in a city other then Rome right? It has been a while since I played as Rome.
    "Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith.
    Banish me from Eden when you will but first let me eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge."

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Quote Originally Posted by issues
    Speaking of which, for the reforms do you merely have to have the population reach 24,000? No buildings besides the Imperial Palace in a city other then Rome right? It has been a while since I played as Rome.
    An Imperial Palace in an Italian City other than Rome.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I added experience bonuses to the units building Urban Barracks, otherwise not much of a point building it...

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"