Thread: Inglorious Thomas - A Tale of the Minecraft Server

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Inglorious Thomas - A Tale of the Minecraft Server

Inglorious Thomas - A Tale of Adventure

Chapter 1 - The Fall of Byzantium

Thessalonika was a small, but growing, town on the coast of the Aegean sea, built around it's namesake - the Bay of Thessalonika. It was the last ourpost of the desecrated Roman Empire, known as Byzantium. The glorious little town was the last remnant of my glorious empire, but was now to be smashed to pieces by the French bastards. I had been running through the streets when I met the leader of this so called "State of Gold" where we fought in combat. I held my own for a while but my training was inferior to western technology. I was captured and imprisoned, but i managed to escape the next day while they were gone. I scurried north through the forest to canada, who gave me food and some tools, and from there I fled to the north, to ask for help from them, but they were weakened by war and denied me aid. Aftewards the French had left the devastated city, so I managed to sneak back and capture supplies and equipment.

From there I decided to go south, away from the French Bastards and my devastated little town. My name, at least what they call me, is Thomas, and I am one of the last of Honorable men, as few can live such a way in this unforgiving world.

It was not long before I had come across a path to the south, through the heart of the great jungles that seperate our lands. But the jungle was an unforgiving place, so I knew that I would have to travel quickly and avoid straying off the path. It was a place of beauty most certainly, but at night it was a place of horror. Along the way I was overtaken by the aura of serenity that surrounded the jungle, and stopped to rest along the side of the path.

But darkness would come soon, so I had to continue through the silent woods. Luckily enough, about halfway through there was a Lodge where I could stay the night. Warily, I crept up to the lodge, as dangerous men lived in this world and I knew not what I would find there.

Not much more than a shack, I discovered that it was abandoned, but indeed it was in a magnificent place. The south-west was an unfamiliar land to me, but it was a land of beauty. I decided to leave my mark on the place, as others had done before.

After heading out into the nearby area to gather some cocoa beans, I returned to the shack, before the horrors of night arrived to devour those who were inconsiderate of the true nature of this world.

This is like my first AAR, so feel free to criticize - MMFA
    Inspired by Legio's AAR, and by the events of the Server. A little publicity will always do us good
    Also, Romecraft Texture pack is the one I'm using if anyone's interested.

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Inglorious Thomas - A Tale of the Minecraft Server

Not a bad start. A little more background info on the world might be nice, but if you intend to do a travelling AAR like Legio's, I imagine you'll just throw in lore bits as you visit various locations.

For those unfamiliar with Minecraft PvP politics, the "State of Gold" MMFA refers to is one of the factions on the server, and is led by a player named Celoxia, who recently attacked and destroyed MMFA's Byzantine/Romanoi faction, leading to his exodus.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It will involve more than just travelling. I joined the Northmen so I'll tell my tale of the Northmen as well.

I think mine will be better. It is about my journey to find the Brotherhood base. I do not have any tohughts of attacking the Brotherhood (commiting suicide in common terms) I just wish to see it possibly add it into my adventure map. I have ideas for what it will ook like but its probably not right.