Thread: Empire total war coop campain

Icon9 Empire total war coop campain

Hello how can i play coop campain with my friend?... Please

Foederatus

Default Re: Empire total war coop campain

It is impossible... (I'm pretty sure). I mean the logistics wouldn't work, as the game currently functions in the campaign map, unless they changed it, it is impossible to play multi-persona campaign.

Foederatus

Hold up. I'm an idiot, don't worry about me. Didn't know fully what Darthmod did. Sorry for the mis-information!

First of all, you must both have a code for the Multiplayer Campaign Beta Test, by Steam. If you don't have it, I'm afraid you're in trouble, as it seems they don't give them anymore.

However, if you have the option Multiplayer Campaign in your Multiplayer menu, you must only remember that:
    - you and your friend musyt have exactly the same version of DMUC, be it 7.0, 8.0 or wathever. You'd better use the same preferences (unit scale, granades, and so on) from the DM launcher too; if you edit the preference file in order to activate submods, be sure to add the same lines in the same order.
    - remember that the coop campaign uses the files contained in ...\Empire\data\campaigns\main, NOT those in DMUC_main, DMUCL_main, and so on. So, if you want to play, let's say, a Late Campaign, you'll have to move the files from
    ...\Empire\data\campaigns\DMUCL_main
    to
    ...\Empire\data\campaigns\main (always backup first)
    and overwrite.

Quote Originally Posted by demostene View Post
    First of all, you must both have a code for the Multiplayer Campaign Beta Test, by Steam. If you don't have it, I'm afraid you're in trouble, as it seems they don't give them anymore.

However, if you have the option Multiplayer Campaign in your Multiplayer menu, you must only remember that:
    - you and your friend musyt have exactly the same version of DMUC, be it 7.0, 8.0 or wathever. You'd better use the same preferences (unit scale, granades, and so on) from the DM launcher too; if you edit the preference file in order to activate submods, be sure to add the same lines in the same order.
    - remember that the coop campaign uses the files contained in ...\Empire\data\campaigns\main, NOT those in DMUC_main, DMUCL_main, and so on. So, if you want to play, let's say, a Late Campaign, you'll have to move the files from
    ...\Empire\data\campaigns\DMUCL_main
    to
    ...\Empire\data\campaigns\main (always backup first)
    and overwrite.

So what would be the problem when my MPC partner keeps having desynchs when units engage melee ?