Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [SS 6.4] To Change our Fate: Reforging Sicily with Steel and Heart ~Chapter 24, 1/2/13~

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [SS 6.4] To Change our Fate: Reforging Sicily with Steel and Heart ~Chapter 17, 1/1/13~

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitexs View Post
    Great updates...Mr.Swaeft Fallen....

looks like pumping out chapters you had written ahead... I'm still 4 updates behind
    Must give more content to viewers And its Romano de Corleone now Many thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitexs View Post
    BTW, I voted for you in the AARC. Good luck!! dude
    I'm not sure if this is against the rules but hey...thanks. That means alot to me. Keep your excellent AAR going, good Sir.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Default Re: [SS 6.4] To Change our Fate: Reforging Sicily with Steel and Heart ~Chapter 17, 1/1/13~

Good luck, I've been enjoying your AAR so far.

Now I caught up with your crusading adventures and the the extra few battles. You're doing very well, I think.

Two technical notes. One is that when I said Sicily is not too common for an AAR, I don't think it is because they would make a less interesting story. In reality, common factions are the biggest challenges: an English or Byzantine campaign has been told many times and there need to be a lot of work to keep it interesting. So I don't think there is any connection (in fact I think Sicily is one of those wildcards that can work in so many ways).

The second is about the views/comments. You do update at a fast rate, quite quick for regular readers. This is really great, but can also mean that you may have 2-3 updates with only 1-2 comments in between. Don't worry.

I've been waiting to say this for a long time...well done! I'd give you a rep if I could, but I can't. I'll be awtching your progress eagerly...brother.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Just a minor (and sad) update: I will be unable to post until next week as I have a double whammy this coming Thursday: Sports and Physics examination. Sorry to keep you all waiting, but the update will come!

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

This is a good AAR, I'll be sure to catch up with the updates, when I find the time .

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Just a minor (and sad) update: I will be unable to post until next week as I have a double whammy this coming Thursday: Sports and Physics examination. Sorry to keep you all waiting, but the update will come!
    Good time for me to catch up

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Congrats on winning the MAARC, it seems that mentioning it a bazillion times works, I'll make note of that...
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Congrats on winning the MAARC, it seems that mentioning it a bazillion times works, I'll make note of that...
    My brother won't be back unit Friday, so I guess congratulations will have to wait. What's the MAARC anyway?

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sweaft View Post
    My brother won't be back unit Friday, so I guess congratulations will have to wait. What's the MAARC anyway?
    MAARC is Monthly AAR Competition. You submit your AAR and if they get five entries by the end of the month (I think?) they start the voting.

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Quote Originally Posted by Tigellinus View Post
    MAARC is Monthly AAR Competition. You submit your AAR and if they get five entries by the end of the month (I think?) they start the voting.
    Wow...just wow...

Wow...just wow...
    Let me guess? You were being sarcastic and in my tired state I didn't pick up on it?

Let me guess? You were being sarcastic and in my tired state I didn't pick up on it?
    NO, no, no. I wasn't. I was really surprised that he won...

Now I have ground to make up

I guess congratulations are in order but I'll wait for the official post But I must say I'm happy for him.

NO, no, no. I wasn't. I was really surprised that he won...

Now I have ground to make up

I guess congratulations are in order but I'll wait for the official post But I must say I'm happy for him.
    Then I apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion

I must say I wasn't, he's done a fantastic job, both with quality and quantity.

Sorry Tigellinus, I realize that the way I wrote it was tantamount to asking for trouble. My deepest apologies Sir. *Cough* Vote for your favorite ToTW when the voting starts *cough ends*

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Ok guys, I'm back and you should expect the next update in 24 hours!!! And not from me...

Now to address the people while I have been gone.

Quote Originally Posted by HeirofAlexander View Post
    This is a good AAR, I'll be sure to catch up with the updates, when I find the time .
    Thank you very much for taking time to read my AAR, you have been the latest to shine the light of hope for me! I hope you enjoyed reading it!

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I...WHAT?

This is totally unexpected...I am at a loss for words...

I must say I wasn't, he's done a fantastic job, both with quality and quantity.
    Goodness me, is this heaven? I must say I am extremely honored to have you grace me with such words.

Okay, so on with the general comments:

It has been a wonderful journey here, thank you for everyone who voted for me in the November/December MAARC. It means a lot to win this competition, but I'll be honest here. When I entered I had no delusions about winning, I wanted to get the experience and see what the outcome would be, I actually considered getting third a very generous show of support by the community already, and my deepest thanks to all of you out there. But some deserve more, such as

Paragon

Radzeer

Robinzx

Tigellinus

for standing with me and offering me invaluable advice and/or incessant support. A big thank you to all of you and a rep!

And thanks to Mausolos, HeirofAlexander and Radzeer and Paragon for the congratulations, private or public, even though I don't know what macarela is.

Normally this is the time where people say "I shall continue to strive and work harder to impress more audiences blah blah blah"

But no. Not me. I have to start cranking the updates back again. But as you may have noticed, a little surprise has been planned, and for those who have seen and know what it is...nice!

For those who don't, all will be revealed in less than 24 hours! Depending on which one of us wants to say it first Thank you everyone!

Edit: Rep for all those mentioned!
    Last edited by Swaeft; January 11, 2013 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Rep notice

Where's my rep you monster???

Speaking of rep...here you go man. A long deserved one too.

Keep in mind that this is not the end, a long road ahead awaits both of us, and remember this:

The Dogs of Greece, Times Full of Distemper, Takeda-A Shogun 2 AAR and the like were not in the MAARC.

Please don't get me wrong everybody, I love your AARs as much as I love my brother's, and all of you are exceptional writers with your unique writing style.

Its just that authors of the AARs above (and not limited to those) are the best of the best.

Where's my rep you monster???

Speaking of rep...here you go man. A long deserved one too.

Keep in mind that this is not the end, a long road ahead awaits both of us, and remember this:

The Dogs of Greece, Times Full of Distemper, Takeda-A Shogun 2 AAR and the like were not in the MAARC.

Please don't get me wrong everybody, I love your AARs as much as I love my brother's, and all of you are exceptional writers with your unique writing style.

Its just that authors of the AARs above (and not limited to those) are the best of the best.
    To Swaeft, Thanks for the rep mate! You deserved all the support that you got!

To Sweaft, Yeah mate, those AAR's are well written and have been around for a while! With lots of updates. If they went in the MAARC I don't think we'd win

Thanks to the both of you!

Sorry Tigellinus, I realize that the way I wrote it was tantamount to asking for trouble. My deepest apologies Sir. *Cough* Vote for your favorite ToTW when the voting starts *cough ends*
    Just saw this now, sorry for not replying sooner

No worries mate, the fault was mine.

Will do! But first I have to read them

EDIT. Sorry to the mods for doing another double post is it possible to edit and quote something?

Sorry.

Just saw this now, sorry for not replying sooner

EDIT. Sorry to the mods for doing another double post is it possible to edit and quote something?

Sorry.
    Everything's fine on my end It is possible to edit and quote something (as I have painstakingly found out) Here we go:

Step 1) Open two tabs. Navigate both to the page you want to reply.

Step 2) On any one of the tabs press quote on the reply you want to quote, then leave it there.

Step 3) On the other tab, press edit to edit the post you want to edit.

Step 4) On the first tab, copy everything from the quote. So copy the whole thing, (e.g. and without the -) [-QUOTE=Tigellinus;12453203]Just saw this now, sorry for not replying sooner

Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Step 5) Paste it on the other tab where you are editing your post, and wah lah! Now carry on editing as you were, and you can close the first tab.

Now for an announcement--the next update will be finally here in around 3-4 hours. By me

In case you don't know whats going on, my brother and I have decided to swap updates (Only for one update). That means I will be doing an update for him once and he will do the same for me, so we can gauge our own work, compare our strengths and let the readers enjoy the fun

He has already updated mine, and now I'm doing his. You can check out his update here. Happy reading!