Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [SS 6.4] To Change our Fate: Reforging Sicily with Steel and Heart ~Chapter 24, 1/2/13~

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [SS 6.4] To Change our Fate: Reforging Sicily with Steel and Heart

Help, it's getting to the point that my influence make other's writers to rethink half a chapter just because I kinda liked the rest more!

And well, you did say you wouldn't update until 29th when you got the real computer back, so it was suspicious, but I believe you
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Help, it's getting to the point that my influence make other's writers to rethink half a chapter just because I kinda liked the rest more!
    Well, I'm still new to this business so any input from experienced writers are definitely welcome.

And well, you did say you wouldn't update until 29th when you got the real computer back, so it was suspicious, but I believe you
    Well, I kinda mentioned before writing the chapter that I had changed my mind, but you must have missed it

That just means I have to stop repeat posting.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Well, I'm still new to this business so any input from experienced writers are definitely welcome.
    Would you listen at that? I am an experienced writer now! Truly, kids these days, they say the darnest things.

Well, I kinda mentioned before writing the chapter that I had changed my mind, but you must have missed it

That just means I have to stop repeat posting.
    Or it could be my fault at skipping any post that hasn't a lot of text. Specially when you spammed publicity of the MAARC. With would make it shared fault. And we all now the golden mean fallacy is not a fallacy, so let's leave it at that.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Would you listen at that? I am an experienced writer now! Truly, kids these days, they say the darnest things.
    Darnest but true

Even if it isn't true I still view you as one.
    Last edited by Swaeft; December 21, 2012 at 07:12 PM.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Swaeft, Paragon here thinks to little of himself pay no mind to these frivolous comments

Seriously Paragon you're more experienced then us! We could use your help, tips and advice
    Last edited by Tigellinus; December 22, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

You took out my favorite part.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    You took out my favorite part.
    Erm...

*Weird awkward moment of silence*

I've read somewhere that changing the story of an AAR through the use of editing previous posts is against some form of ethics (Radzeer). But I figure that since I won't be posting another update till 29th I'll add in a little bit more story to the previous update. Doing it now.

^ Sorry I should have clarified, I was being sarcastic. That was NOT my favorite part.

I've read somewhere that changing the story of an AAR through the use of editing previous posts is against some form of ethics (Radzeer). But I figure that since I won't be posting another update till 29th I'll add in a little bit more story to the previous update. Doing it now.
    Did somebody say my name?

It's not so much the ethics per se (it is your own intellectual property after all), rather that once people read the update they would not get any of the changes as usually they do not go back and re-read it. Many of us go back and tweak chapters for typos, grammar etc, but usually nothing substantial or plot-changing.

You can of course edit previous updates and post something to let people know, but there is no guarantee how they would react. Also, it is different when you update the latest chapter or a chapter before the latest one.

It's not so much the ethics per se (it is your own intellectual property after all), rather that once people read the update they would not get any of the changes as usually they do not go back and re-read it. Many of us go back and tweak chapters for typos, grammar etc, but usually nothing substantial or plot-changing.

You can of course edit previous updates and post something to let people know, but there is no guarantee how they would react. Also, it is different when you update the latest chapter or a chapter before the latest one.
    Radzeer are you.( For lack of a better word) The god of AAR knowledge?

You give everyone lots of helpful advice!

Thanks

Tigellinus

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Well, if you are looking for someone that is actually experienced look for him, the guy that has been here for years and has his THIRD AAR in the making, not the guy that has been here for less than 6 months, barely 4 if we count the breaks without updates.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Incredible how we never seem to have a lack of new writers who offer us excellent stories I'll be following this and shame on me for not noticing this earlier

Well, if you are looking for someone that is actually experienced look for him, the guy that has been here for years and has his THIRD AAR in the making, not the guy that has been here for less than 6 months, barely 4 if we count the breaks without updates.
    Fine, but the point still stands. You're more experienced then us!

Thanks Tigellinus

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    Did somebody say my name?

Got that. Once again thank you for your input. It's priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigellinus View Post
    Radzeer are you.( For lack of a better word) The god of AAR knowledge?

You give everyone lots of helpful advice!

Thanks

Tigellinus
    Like what Tigellinus said. Every word is true.

He is more experienced, but you are still experienced Quoting from Tigellinus:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigellinus View Post
    Fine, but the point still stands. You're more experienced then us!

Thanks Tigellinus
    And finally...

Quote Originally Posted by Boustrophedon View Post
    Incredible how we never seem to have a lack of new writers who offer us excellent stories I'll be following this and shame on me for not noticing this earlier
    No, no please don't say that. Shame on me for writing those unwanted stuff, and I'm truly ashamed and sorry if you noticed this AAR only because of the discussion that you had with the other moderators. Thank you for reading, its an honor to have one such as you here.
    Last edited by Swaeft; December 22, 2012 at 06:02 PM.

A very nice update sir. I'm quite liking the weird mystic angle to all of this.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    A very nice update sir. I'm quite liking the weird mystic angle to all of this.
    Sweet. Just what I needed. I'm happy you like it. Nothing like the smell of appreciation to brighten one's day.

It's really frustrating when you have the time to update, when you have the story in your head, but you have no M2TW to use

*Must...hold...on...to...29th.*

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I may not be able to use the laptop tomorrow, so here is my best wishes to everyone in advance should you be reading this. Merry Christmas everybody! May your reign *cough* life *cough* be long and fruitful! Enjoy the remainder of the holidays!

I now blame Radzeer for his superb AAR images. Every time I look at my AAR's images, they seem dull, dark and lifeless. Now I'll have to re-download every single image of mine that can be edited to edit them somehow. I don't have adobe photoshop but I'll find a way through, eh? Maybe look at some free online photo editor.

Edit: Found one.
    Last edited by Swaeft; December 24, 2012 at 01:00 AM.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

I now blame Radzeer for his superb AAR images. Every time I look at my AAR's images, they seem dull, dark and lifeless.
    You should not be disheartened by this. Radzeer's AAR images put everyone else's to shame There only a handful of people I've seen in 4 years of AAR history with a better mastery of letting pictures tell a story. In his Kievan Rus AAR (iirc) he did a sort of behind the scenes with some info on how he does his pictures so head over there and check it out

Eager for more on this!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

You should not be disheartened by this. Radzeer's AAR images put everyone else's to shame There only a handful of people I've seen in 4 years of AAR history with a better mastery of letting pictures tell a story.
    I'm in full agreement on you with this. His photos are breathtaking.

In his Kievan Rus AAR (iirc) he did a sort of behind the scenes with some info on how he does his pictures so head over there and check it out
    Alright, will do as soon as I finish my X'mas party Thanks for the tip! And I guess for that I have to thank Radzeer too.

Eager for more on this!
    <----says that the next update will be anywhere from 28th-30th Dec. Thank you for your patience!

You guys are too kind.
    But to drag this more off topic, part of the reason why the Kievan pictures were quite nice was the incredible Rusichi textures for Kiev and Novgorod. With that I could take close-ups and not lose anything. So I would say the pic quality is 1/3 texture, 1/3 photo editing and 1/3 original photo composition.