Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [SS 6.4] To Change our Fate: Reforging Sicily with Steel and Heart ~Chapter 24, 1/2/13~

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [SS 6.4] To Change our Fate, a Sicilian AAR

Horses always bring up long, intereseting debates

It's a shame you won't be able to update for a while anyway. Can't you get a computer for Chirstmas?
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Horses always bring up long, intereseting debates

It's a shame you won't be able to update for a while anyway. Can't you get a computer for Chirstmas?
    Haha, thanks for the link. Its not that I don't have a computer, I do, but its at home and M2TW is on the computer at home. I'm in a foreign country with only a laptop (my unofficial job is a translator, so I'm accompanying my Mom abroad to...translate. That laptop doesn't have M2TW on it. If it did I could play custom battles, take screenshots and make up a cock-and-bull story about it as another chapter. (just kidding, a story like that will have to fit in the plot but it won't happen.)

Now I'll just twiddle my thumbs, read some AARs and cross my fingers for the outcome of the MAARC. There's some solid competition in there. Are you entering, Paragon?
    Last edited by Swaeft; December 15, 2012 at 04:35 AM.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tigellinus View Post
    Hey it's a horse. She'll buy him a new one and all will be well again.

But Fallen won't feel right for some time. Then he will get used to having a new horse and that horse will go on to be is mount for the hole storyline.

There I just gave you the details of the horses significance in the story.

Awaiting your next update my friend!
    Eh...not really. And definitely not for the hole story. Sorry, I couldn't resist

Well, I rememberd more details about them (the age of the youngest and the oldest for example) so I though they got on better but I guess that makes it better. He does grieve about how half a thousand died later on.

Still I don't think Maximillia will leave him over some horse... right? :
    Eh...not really, no she won't.
    Last edited by Swaeft; December 15, 2012 at 04:36 AM.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Paragon's Avatar Senator

It was a rethorical question, I mean, I don't think she'll even get mad, but I guess he can fear differently.

And yes, I just entered, so don't worry, the average skill of your competition just dropped.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

At the risk of getting flamed for posting thrice in a row...

This is a friendly reminder to remind myself to remind you that a reminder about my entrance to the MAARC has been posted earlier on. Due to the loads of comments (not a bad thing, keep em' coming) I'm a little afraid of low visibility. After all, did Tigellinus mention something about someone getting 0 votes in the previous competition? Not going to be me...I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    So here is my official announcement.

To Change Our Fate: A Sicilian AAR has entered the MAARC! All the best to those who have entered, best of luck fellow AARtists!

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Add a link to the poll when it starts, instead of warning people a lot half a month before. People are lazy and forgetful.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

It was a rethorical question, I mean, I don't think she'll even get mad, but I guess he can fear differently.

And yes, I just entered, so don't worry, the average skill of your competition just dropped.
    Because everyone else is in awe of your marvelous work.

Add a link to the poll when it starts, instead of warning people a lot half a month before. People are lazy and forgetful.
    Right. Thank queue.

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

I'll vote for both of you! And someone else that deserves it

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Oh heresy if my memory serves me correctly.Means to do an act or acts against god. A heretic is a man that goes around preaching that god is not real.
    Not totally accurate, sorry. See this. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/heretic

And its too bad that this wont be updated but you have done plenty of work for such a short time.

Not totally accurate, sorry.
    No harm done Thank you for pointing out my mistake

Thanks

Tigellinus

OI! That's the name of the noble horse who saved Fallen's life. It ain't a 'character'. I demand some form of respect!!

Or else...

Are you sure it was a horse? Sounded so lifelike....

I know, but it was really well written. The last time somebody wrote his name into a story was Skantarios I believe, but his game character was quite similar to his TWC character. So you are breaking new grounds...

Radzeer's been posting on the top ten AARs in the list for M2TW AARs...someone's got alot of time to spare
    Yeah, it happens once in every two weeks. And then I try to catch up with all the readings.

Now all this talk about the MAARC makes me put on my staff hat and remind people to read the rules about advertisements...
    Last edited by Radzeer; December 15, 2012 at 05:41 PM.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'll vote for both of you! And someone else that deserves it
    Oh, thanks! For the third person you can vote for I suggest... *looks at Radzeer's comment*
    Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    Now all this talk about the MAARC makes me put on my staff hat and remind people to read the rules about advertisements...
    Well...never mind I'll PM you.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    Are you sure it was a horse? Sounded so lifelike....

I know, but it was really well written. The last time somebody wrote his name into a story was Skantarios I believe, but his game character was quite similar to his TWC character. So you are breaking new grounds...
    , let's hope I break it in the right way (if there is one)

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I was away on a short trip out of the city and didn't bring my laptop with me (r&r, y'know) in case anyone was wondering.

Anyway here's an update (sorry, but): The next chapter will only be up once I return home. On the 29th. Yeah

Until then I'll be working on bonuses such as chapter summary, character summary and all those. Also, its time to clear those grammar mistakes. Thank you all for your patience.

29th? Ok mate! I'll wait patiently for the update!

P.S AT least you have a laptop!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

29th? Ok mate! I'll wait patiently for the update!

P.S AT least you have a laptop!
    No need to wait anymore, update is coming within the hour! I've had a slight burst of inspiration for the plot. Thanks for your patience!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [SS 6.4] To Change our Fate: Reforging Sicily with Steel and Heart

Character Background Information
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Sir Fallen: A young man from Palermo, recently Knighted at the Chapel of Palermo. He never knew his parents as they abandoned him when he was much younger. He was brought up by a veteran Knight who adopted him, and almost everything our Hero knows about swordsmanship, fighting and the like was taught by his guardian, the Knight. Our Hero enjoys adventuring and freedom, and dislikes authority, especially nobles that rule unfairly with an iron fist. Has good knowledge about swordplay, but other than a wooden spear, our Hero knows nothing about other weapons. Has grasped a slight amount of knowledge about farming after observing the Peasants work in their fields. Has also developed a reputation for defending the Peasantry from unreasonable people of higher status.

Princess Maximilla: Daughter of King Ruggero. A stunning form of beauty said to have been given to the Kingdom of Sicily by God himself as a gift. She is only 15, but carries herself well enough in court so as to avoid embarrassment. Due to her exquisite beauty, she is often hankered after by many Dukes and Barons, and King Ruggero selects her suitors for her. She is confined to the torturous life of a medieval Princess, and her father treats her like how any other King in that time would have; as a political tool. And she absolutely detests her life, and often seeks a way out of it. Has become Fallen's secret love interest.

Captain Bartolomeo: A Knight appointed by Duke Guiskard to lead the army towards Al-Mahdiya. A staunch supporter of the Duke, he always obeys Duke Guiskard's orders to the letter, seeking to gain promotion and higher status. He does not care much about the life of the common man in the army, something that tells in his battle tactics and haste to attack.

Important Logistical References
    South Sicilian Army: An army under the command of Duke Simone Guiskard of Syracuse. It had been commissioned into service just a month ago. At full strength it numbers almost a thousand and a half men. Its objectives are to make the settlements of Tunis, Al-Mahdiya and Tripoli bow to the rule of the Kingdom of Sicily.

Yet it seems that war continues to encroach upon the minds of our men. Barely an hour ago a convoy of ships flying King Ruggero's personal banner had arrived at Al-Mahdiya. They carried three month's worth of pay and advance payment for another two months for every single soldier in the South Sicilian Army. It seems that greed takes precedence before logic in this mad world. A letter from King Ruggero was read aloud by Captain Bartolomeo; it ordered a swift assault on Tripoli, with the money as further encouragement.

In light of your fine service to the Kingdom...

I snorted. They were all lies. When the wages were being distributed to the soldiers, I saw Captain Bartolomeo skulk away from the scene, two bags of florins in his hands. Nobody seemed to notice him pocketing the rightful due of my honest brothers in arms. Yet, I couldn't do anything. I had no proof of the deed, so I remained silent. That sort of attitude bothered me.

We boarded the same ship that had transported us from Tunis to Al-Mahdiya, and I was told upon embarking that the journey from Al-Mahdiya to Tripoli would take about twelve hours. I stalked up the gangplank, sighing heavily. I hated sailing. It was going to be another long, boring, loathsome, uninteresting, smelly trip cramped in the confines of an overcrowded cabin-

The medieval cog currently in use by the Sicilians due to the lack of a proper navy with the better quality Galleys.

"Good Morning dear Sir. Please head this way." I was directed by one of the crew to the left, towards the lower decks below the Captain's steering wheel. "What's the occasion?" I questioned. Most, in fact everyone was heading to the right where the many cramped cabins were located at.

"Just special service for a Knight such as you." The crew member replied shadily, his eyes darting from side to side. "You are the youngest Knight to be knighted in almost a thousand years!" I was astonished. Surely other younger people would have been Knighted before me? This man didn't seem very confident in his speech, and I was about to challenge him for the facts when the pendant Princess Maximilla gave me glowed slightly, a yellow hue protruding from my chest.

Fallen, where are you? I suddenly have a sense of impending disaster, whatever you do stick to your fellow soldiers and-

The crew member took one glance at it, stared at me and quickly guided me to the lower decks. "Please sir, bigger cabins are here. Enjoy your stay." He slammed the door shut behind me, and all the smells of sweat, the stink of body odor and the thumping of feet on the wooden gangplank disappeared. I was alone. I attempted to reach for the door to inquire about my awkward introduction when a hand tapped me on the shoulder.

I turned around and was greeted by a figure completely covered in a red robe. "Welcome on board." A sultry voice greeted me. The voice was feminine. "Please, allow me to guide you to your room." She strode further into the lower decks without waiting for me. I turned around and tried the door. It was locked. My sense of apprehension and anxiety growing, I followed in the footsteps of the red-robed woman. "Where are we going?"

I received no reply.

She led me further into the depths of the boat without once turning back. I had never been to the lower decks before, and access was restricted strictly for the Captain of the ship and his trusted aides. It was much darker down here, and the only source of light among the intricate cobwebs being dimly lit candles. The mysterious woman led me further and further down a long hallway filled with more of those candles. I was pretty sure we were below sea level at this point, and it now appears that this boat is much larger than it appears from land. My fingers brushed aside delicate cobwebs and I swore I could see movement in the shadows.

At this point I couldn't take it anymore. My sense of foreboding was increasing dramatically, and the darkness and numerous cobwebs were beginning to frighten me. I had so many questions but I wasn't getting any answers. I needed some and I needed them NOW.

"Hey. Stop there." The red-robed woman continued moving. "I'm not going any further unless you explain to me what's going on. I'm not supposed to be in here." Still, the figure didn't halt. "That's far enough!" I raised my voice, and to add to the noise I drew my sword. The rapier slid crisply from its sheath as usual, and finally the figure stopped.

"You're not going anywhere except where I want to take you." She intoned without even turning around. "Now be a good boy and follow me."

"Not unless you tell me what's going on." I threatened back. I was determined to get answers. She was freaking me out.

"Listen up, boy. We can do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way. You choose. Lower your sword, come with me, and we'll talk this through amicably." Even in the darkness I sensed her staring expectantly at me.

"No." I back away from her, keeping my sword pointed at her. I headed towards the door I was thrust into by that uncouth crew member. He had a lot of explaining to do when I reached there.

But I never did reach the door. After a few steps backwards, I heard the rasp of a blade sliding from its sheath, and turned around. A man barring two sabers was lunging at me. He was also garbed in a red robe. I steadied myself and thrust at him. Sparks flew as our blades met. My eyes widened in uneasiness as I saw his blades coated in greenish liquid. I probably shouldn't come into contact with that.

But it was too late. My adversary, proving to be much more skilled than me, slashed at me with the saber in his left hand. I reacted instantly to block.

Then he aimed a slash at my left leg with the saber in his right hand. I instinctively recoiled and lifted my leg out of the way, but I was too slow. Bolts of agony flitted from nerve to nerve as his saber sliced my leg armor in half, producing the shallowest cut I had ever experienced on my left thigh. I didn't even have time to think about how he sliced my iron armor apart so easily, as he finished me with a blow to the head. The sight of his saber pommel accelerating to my forehead was the last thing I saw.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes fluttered open slowly. Groggily, I made to stand. I then realized I was already standing. In fact, I was bound to the wall, my arms and legs spread apart so I resembled the Vitruvian Man. A fiery but short stab of pain tore the last vestiges of sleep from me, and I proceeded to take in the surroundings.

The room I was in was oval shaped. Red roses were hung on the walls, and even with many candles arranged in a circular shape it was quite dark. Shadows were everywhere, behind wooden pillars and containers. I felt the soft rocking of the vessel, and I guessed that we were on our way to Tripoli. The room was quite warm, I could tell that it was warmer than, well...'room temperature'. Then I noticed that I wasn't alone.

Another short burst of agony sprouted from my left thigh, and I looked down. The red-robed female was there. I also realized that I wasn't wearing anything except for my filthy short pants and smelly undergarments. The red robed woman looked up at me, and her hellishly red eyes glared into my own. The sight of her alone brought fiery shivers down my spine. Something definitely wasn't right. In the awkwardness of the situation, I noticed that I wasn't wearing Princess Maximilla's pendant around my neck anymore. The red robed woman was.

"Excuse me, but that's mine."

The red robed woman looked up, a charming but deadly smile upon her lips. "Yes...it is." The pendant was glowing red now, a stark contrast to its original golden shine. "You seem interested in it. Let me help you get a better view of it." The robed woman snickered. She unclasped her robe, and it fell to the ground in a heap. She was clad in nothing but her undergarments as well.

"Mother of..." I looked away.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. Face me." She cooed. I didn't. I couldn't.

I felt her move some machinery, the noise cranking into my ears. A moment later I was forced to face her, my head sandwiched between some chains and locks. "That's better." She flashed a smile at me, and my heart skipped a beat. She returned to what she was originally doing; wiping my battle wound with a dam cloth. Her actions brought out another spark of energy from my left thigh, but it wasn't just because of the pain this time.

My eyes were drawn to her body by an unknown force or emotion. She was very young. I noticed her straight, flowing red hair. It was like fine silk imported from the Byzantines I had seen in the marketplace of Palermo. Her body was voluptuous, further enhanced by her sensual curves hidden previously by her robe. Her nose was so soft it seemed to me it could break at any moment. Her eyes flicked towards mine.

"You seem to like what you see, young man." She teased.

"Yes...I mean No...NO." I almost yelled. A wicked grin appeared on her face, and I chastened myself for showing my emotions to the enemy again. How was she doing this to me? I changed the subject "That's quite nice of you, to back stab your enemy then heal his battle wounds later on."

She laughed at me, her rosy red lips opening to release the infectious sound. She continued wiping my wound with the cloth, which had become slightly stained with my blood. A certain tonic of sorts seemed to be present on it, its odor wafted towards me. I noticed that she was done with the scars below my pants.

Saphirra smiled at me as if she knew my train of thought. "Come on, Fallen. You're going to have to deal with women sooner or later as a king." She released me from the chains and I stepped forwards uncertainly. The feeling of pleasure was still etched in my mind and I staggered forwards, bumping into Saphirra. She seemed much more accustomed to the art we just performed, and regained her balance instantly. I would have fallen if she hadn't clasped my hand. I looked around, and just my pleasure-ridden mind suspected, there was slight but tangible movement in the shadows.

Did she say I was going to be king?

She lad me to another room that was much cooler than the one we were in. There was a desk with drawers, and two chairs with towels on them. I flopped down on one, exhausted from my ordeal. Saphirra calmly sat down behind the desk, covering herself with a towel. I sighed as her 'credentials' escaped my view. She crossed her legs and reached for the desk drawers. She took out a letter and handed it to me.

"What is this?" I murmured. I unsealed it and began reading through it. King Roger II of Sicily, born in 22nd of the last month of the year 1095 AD...

I looked up, shocked. In the letter was a list of the Kings of Sicily and a very detailed list of their daily lives. How could she have gotten this? I stared, slack-jawed as my eyes scanned the text.

"All you need to know is that this letter contains information about each Sicilian King and their failings. Their ineptness at rule, how they brought their country closer to destruction."

"How...how did you get all this?" I still couldn't believe it. I knew the information about King Ruggero was true, Princess Maximilla having told me her personal life at the Palace. "You can't be doing this on your own..."

"Of course I'm not. You don't need to know who we are. But most of the information you glean from here, is gathered by yours truly." Saphirra smirked arrogantly.

I stared in wonder. It was all true. Back in the future my guardian Knight brought me to the local library where I had short glimpses into the power of knowledge. It was there I had read most ardently about the history of my beloved Kingdom. I looked at Saphirra, clarity bursting through every single artery of mine. "What do you want from me?"

"Straight to the point, I see? No matter, it probably is better this way. Judging by our current speed it seems that we are reaching Tripoli soon." Her eyes locked onto mine. Or was it the other way around? "I represent a group of people that wish for the future of Sicily to be different. Sicily needs to become a powerful Kingdom, and none of the blasted nobility have it in their blood to create a truly strong and powerful empire that will last throughout the ages in order to prevent utter defeat and catastrophe in future. You are the only one in this mad world to posses that ability, according to our famed scouts. Well, famed to us, no one else has an inkling about them. Do you understand the severity of this all? Without you...without a capable King...Sicily will diminish over time and finally capitulate."

I listened attentively, absorbed by the picture she was painting for me. She pointed at my pendant around her neck. "This pendant is a symbol of Pureness. Only those of true blood can unlock its secrets and powers. This is the ultimate form of proof that you are of Royal Blood, and the best way you can ascend to the throne unopposed. Only you and a certain Princess can use this miracle of an object." I gasped at the reference to Princess Maximilla. "Don't hurt her!" I blurted out.

"Silly boy," Saphirra ran her fingers through my hair. I shivered at the contact. "Who's going to hurt her? I merely stated a fact." Saphirra pouted, and one glance at her exotic face was all it took for me to follow her instructions. "To make Sicily a true force in the world, we are going to put you onto the throne. Believe me when I say this. We can do it. Quicker than you can imagine."

I was shocked. Bemused. Utterly baffled and confounded. How on earth was I going to become King of Sicily? I was just a mere Knight, transported back in time for some godforsaken cause I don't even know of yet. Damned Robert...where are you?

"But first you have to listen carefully to what I say." Saphirra whispered. I nodded solemnly. What else could I do?

She took a deep breath, and I inhaled sharply. She was twisting my emotions. Somehow. "Listen carefully to this part. It will answer some of your questions." The burning desire for answers took hold of me, and I listened, attention unwavering.

"Soon, if no one changes the way the Kingdom of Sicily is heading, disaster will strike. The Aragonese will subjugate Palermo and Syracuse in quick succession, and then there will be war for an extended period of time." She raised her hand as she detected a hint of curiosity in my eyes.

"Wait. Let me finish." I forced myself to remain silent, but it wasn't easy.

"After the Aragonese took Palermo and Syracuse, the rulers of those provinces called themselves the King of Sicily. However, the real Kingdom of Sicily wouldn't give up their title, so technically there were two Kings and Kingdoms of Sicilies." She paused to take a breath.

"Now to address your question, I know this because we have visionaries in our little organization." I smiled weakly at Saphirra. Her 'little' organization had information on every King in Sicily and could even see into the future accurately. I wasn't sold about the 'little' part. She rose slightly from her chair and leaned across the table, licking the tips of my ear.

"I'll tell you a secret, young man." She whispered into my reddening ear. "But you mustn't repeat it to anyone." Her breath was hot against my face, and I knew I would never disagree. When I signaled my consent, Saphirra winked and continued. "The Aragonese would eventually take over Palermo and Syracuse because of my organization's help."

I stood, a sudden spurt of anger flaring in my chest. "You WHAT?" Alarm bells were ringing all over my head, yet I could not simply tear myself away from this situation.

Saphirra simply locked her eyes on mine while she slowly stalked towards me. My eyeballs darted in the direction of her long, slender legs, disobeying the orders sent from my nervous system. She paused an inch from my face, so close I could smell her scent and the musk she had on her. She lifted her left hand and cupped my chin, raising my head so that I once again faced her eyes, now slightly less red and more...maroon.

"You have the power to change that." She let out the sentence in a soft gasp, barely loud enough for me to hear, the syllables dissolving in the musk-heavy air. She pulled me towards her and kissed me again.

As quickly as we embraced, Saphirra pulled apart. "Just do as we say, and everything will be fine. All your questions will be answered in due time, and you will make the Kingdom of Sicily powerful like never before. It's armies will be omnipresent, its flags borne high in the sky, its people rich and prosperous. All that you need to do, to ensure that this actually happens...is to join us." Her hand stretched out towards mine. I hesitated. There was still an aura of...something lingering around this whole event. The way I was abducted, how Sahpirra seduced me...

"You will even possibly discover your true lineage, your parents..." Sahpirra was taunting me. I knew it was wrong. I knew it was dangerous and fool's play. It was just..wrong...

"We can change the fate of the world...together. My organization can provide you with the help you need. But it won't be a particularly noble or caring way." Saphirra warned.

That sent my nerves jangling. "What do you mean? Are we going to harm innocent people? I'm a Knight, I can't do that! Besides, it's just wrong." I contested. Saphirra cuddled me, laughing her infectious laugh yet again. "My very young Knight," she placed heavy emphasis on the word 'young'. "This is war. You can't protect everyone, you can't save everyone's life. To complete an objective there will always be sacrifices to be made. Nothing is achieved easily in this world, even though they may be in that innocent, inexperienced mind of yours. But if you join us, all that will change. You will gain a wealth of experience, skill, intelligence...and power." She purred in delight at the word 'power'. It seemed as if she craved it tremendously. "We'll guarantee you succeed, as long as you don't give your life to the enemy on a platter. I'll be honest with you. There are groups of people out there who hate us to the core. The absolutely detest our ways and culture, but the're nothing we can't handle. They oppose the way we work, but our way has been proven time and time again to be the most efficient, effective and deadly."

All the talk about nefarious means unsettled me. I wasn't sure about forsaking my ways simply to complete what I had been sent here for.

But I also needed to know how to avert the crisis Sicily is facing in the future. I would need to stop it, before all of us are vanquished. I looked into Saphirra's devilish eyes again, and it was there I found the answer.

"Alright." My hand slipped into hers. "But no dirty tricks."

As soon as I said that, the pendant around Saphirra's neck glowed scarlet, its vermilion rays further enhancing the motif of warmth and heat in the room. Saphirra winked at me, disarming the sense of danger I was feeling. "It seems I was right about you. You do have the heart and spirit to accomplish great deeds. Perfect. Now the Kingdom of Sicily will never fall to the Spaniards. Remember, we're doing this to change our fate, for the greater good."

"To change our fate, for the greater good." I echoed.

I felt a sudden itch in my left thigh, where Saphirra had rubbed some ointment earlier on. It twitched involuntarily, and I looked at Saphirra questioningly. She waved her hand and answered dismissively. "It's just a feeling you get due to the reaction of the wound closing up." Somehow I knew she was lying, but didn't press the matter for now.

To dispel any remaining doubt, she leaned in and kissed me once more. Remembering the feeling of her mouth, I eagerly split my lips to let her tongue through, and we embraced and kissed for a few more minutes until the ship jolted to a halt. She slowly slid her tongue out of my mouth, and once again the fire of passion overcame me. I wanted to throw myself onto her, I wanted more.

"There will be time for us later, I promise. Right now, I need you to stay alive during the battle for Tripoli. There's something important there we need to find. Your questions will be answered later. But first we need to take the city. Put on your armor. I've had it repaired while we were...occupied." She winked at me again. While I did so, she flicked my pendant around in the air. "I'll return this to you once we find what we're looking for. She led me towards the door, our fingers intertwined. It was unlocked, and as I turned the knob I peered back over my shoulder. Saphirra was waving to me, slowly disappearing into the darkness of the lower decks. I sighed and strode forth into the sunlight, slightly groggy, where the boots of marching men were once again omnipresent.

Author's Note:
    This is the last update I can add to the story element, as the Battle of Tripoli isn't complete yet. But Sir Fallen will find something important there. About the language... It's been changed. I'm not really into that sort of language really, I'm just trying to portray how Sir Fallen was captivated by Saphirra. He's only 16, so he can't really control his emotions yet. It's a dangerous game he's playing, but he needs to get into the Royal Family. Now from here onwards the next update will be at the 29th Dec. Around there. Thank you for reading my AAR and I apologize for the lack of pictures in this chapter. I'm sure you don't want pictures of...well...you know...

The next book will mark Sir Fallen's ascendancy into the Royal Family, and will contain a great more detail with battles and the political maneuvering some of you are waiting for. Thank you for your patience. (How many times have I said that?)

Last edited by Swaeft; December 22, 2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Zapping grammar mistakes

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Oh nuts, Paragon you're already reading this, I'm not done editing

Just joking, carry on! I'll try to edit quickly.

Edit: I'm done editing. Go read!
    Last edited by Swaeft; December 21, 2012 at 08:56 AM.

Paragon's Avatar Senator

That's the third most unnecesary porn scene I have ever seen.

And I've seen three.

Nah, but seriously, this counts as some form of cheating. How unknightly of Fallen. Now you are going to get mad at me, but I'm wondering if this chapter would exist and would be the same if it wasn't for your forced break until the 29th

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

That's the third most unnecesary porn scene I have ever seen.

And I've seen three.
    Edit. Edit. RUN FOR IT!

Nah, but seriously, this counts as some form of cheating. How unknightly of Fallen.
    Now somebody's got a hold over him

Now you are going to get mad at me, but I'm wondering if this chapter would exist and would be the same if it wasn't for your forced break until the 29th
    No worries, no harm done here, I can see quite clearly where you derived this idea from. Yes, it would still exist and I would still have to add in the presence of the cult somehow. And Fallen will still fall for the trap. Thanks for your feedback and for being a constant reminder that I should improve.

Edit: It's child friendly now. I think. Come to think of it I was quite muddle headed to put that scene in there. I hope you realize how big of a help you've been. Imagine the countless number of people who might have seen that.

Yes, an apology is due here I guess. Sorry, for the 25 of you who opened the spoilers. (Or less, if you didn't. That's just the total number of views since I last uploaded the chapter.) It won't happen again. Ever.

Well this calls for a congregation of brain cells for a general meeting. Which one of you put that idea in my head?
    Last edited by Swaeft; December 21, 2012 at 05:38 PM.