Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [SS 6.4] To Change our Fate: Reforging Sicily with Steel and Heart ~Chapter 24, 1/2/13~

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [SS 6.4] To Change our Fate, a Sicilian AAR

Phew, that took long to write and compile! I wonder if any of you noticed the obscure game references throughout my AAR. See if you can find them I'll bold them out so you can see better.

Looking forward to the comments/suggestions/feedback!

Edit: I'm going for a business trip soon tomorrow, so I may not be able to update this AAR for the next two weeks. May not. May. I'll see what I can do on the other end, maybe toss in a picture-less chapter or edit some of the earlier chapters. I'm not totally satisfied with the way Fallen *ahem* Sir Fallen was integrated into medieval society, and I may tinker a little with that. Thanks for reading!

Further Edit: *Shamelessly states that I have fulfilled my estimated upload rate for this month* (See first post, under rules)

I'll try to upload whatever I can though. Anything for you kind readers who motivate me
    Last edited by Swaeft; December 10, 2012 at 08:12 AM.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Well..in case you didn't read the previous chapter carefully...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Ethan's dead

Then it shall be done.
    WH WHA WHAT???? UM How on EARTH did I miss that?

Just give me a minute....

reading it again!

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Pain. It hurt so badly.

Ethan died yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigellinus View Post
    WH WHA WHAT???? UM How on EARTH did I miss that?

Just give me a minute....

reading it again!
    It's like the second line in the text...hmm....is my font size too small? Or is black an unsuitable color for reading?

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Character Background Information
    Sir Fallen: A young man from Palermo, recently Knighted at the Chapel of Palermo. He never knew his parents as they abandoned him when he was much younger. He was brought up by a veteran Knight who adopted him, and almost everything our Hero knows about swordsmanship, fighting and the like was taught by his guardian, the Knight. Our Hero enjoys adventuring and freedom, and dislikes authority, especially nobles that rule unfairly with an iron fist. Has good knowledge about swordplay, but other than a wooden spear, our Hero knows nothing about other weapons. Has grasped a slight amount of knowledge about farming after observing the Peasants work in their fields. Has also developed a reputation for defending the Peasantry from unreasonable people of higher status.

Princess Maximilla: Daughter of King Ruggero. A stunning form of beauty said to have been given to the Kingdom of Sicily by God himself as a gift. She is only 15, but carries herself well enough in court so as to avoid embarrassment. Due to her exquisite beauty, she is often hankered after by many Dukes and Barons, and King Ruggero selects her suitors for her. She is confined to the torturous life of a medieval Princess, and her father treats her like how any other King in that time would have; as a political tool. And she absolutely detests her life, and often seeks a way out of it. Has become Fallen's secret love interest.

Duke Simone Guiskard: Duke of Syracuse. He owns Syracuse and all the outlying fiefs and hamlets around it. The first nobleman in the Royal Family Fallen meets. Has a reputation for being kind to the Peasants and poorer villagers, although Fallen doesn't really see much of it. Strong and seems driven by a higher purpose. His true self is revealed later on.

Captain Bartolomeo: A Knight appointed by Duke Guiskard to lead the army towards Al-Mahdiya. A staunch supporter of the Duke, he always obeys Duke Guiskard's orders to the letter, seeking to gain promotion and higher status. He does not care much about the life of the common man in the army, something that tells in his battle tactics and haste to attack.

But the Duke just wouldn’t rest! He appointed a Knight by the name of Bartolomeo to march our army south-east to capture the province of Al-Mahdiya. “Let me see him!” I yelled to the guards who were restraining me from entering the Keep. “He’s insane!”

Our army was tired. Exhausted, even. We had just fought a long and depressing battle many of the peasants did not expect. The Duke didn’t follow the battle plan and caused many more casualties than necessary. Yet we were to march the same day, to attack and siege another settlement. And you guessed it!

The Duke ordered an IMMEDIATE assault on the walls.

We were to utilize the two rams from the previous siege to attack Al-Mahdiya upon arrival. It was madness. Some of the men had already begun to question the Duke’s leadership abilities, but Captain Bartolomeo was a staunch follower of the Duke, and so we marched.

Ten days under the burning Saharan sun. Ten days of hell. Progress was painfully slow; the wheels of the rams often got stuck in the sand, requiring an immense amount of effort to lift them up. When we finally did, it would sink in the sand and get stuck again a few minutes later. That wasn’t the only problem. Poisonous snakes, flesh-eating crabs with razor sharp pincers, I could go on and on about the conditions in the desert. If we weren’t travelling along the coast, I could imagine the men panicking for water.

When we stood before the walls of Al-Mahdiya, our army was spent. Many flopped down onto the sand, taking off their armor. They were cooking in their own apparel. I felt the same, but as a Knight I had to maintain my discipline. I looked at Swaeft’s watery brown eyes. It looked as if he was crying. Just a little longer, boy. Then you can rest all you want. I gave him a carrot I had saved up, and he almost bit my finger in his desire to eat.

Our horses greedily lapped up the water along the coast, and they had every right to do so. Captain Bartolomeo had driven the men at breakneck pace; this Captain wasn’t fit to command either. Perhaps it was because of this problem; the appointment of incapable men to important positions, that had caused the eventual downfall of the Kingdom of Sicily and opened our homelands to foreign invaders?

We surround the town. No one goes in or out.

I dismounted and spoke with the Captain. “We shall camp here for today. The assault begins tomorrow, company commanders.” He addressed us. At least he wasn’t totally insane to suggest an attack right away.

Maybe it was because he too was starting to feel the heat and the rigors of the desert?

If the afternoon was hot, the night was chilly. Temperatures dropped lower than fifteen degrees, and when one walked around at night, one would do so in full armor. I was thankful for my iron armor.

My thoughts wandered towards Palermo and the Princess again. I wondered how she was faring in the castle, and I hoped it was better than before now that her father had left for a conquest of Cagliari. I also wished her bodyguards would do their job well, and protect her from any harm, especially from those masked men. I reached into the pocket of my shirt and pulled out the pendant she had given me. I grasped it tightly and closed my eyes in silent prayer.

I wish you good health, good luck and great beauty, but I don’t suppose you need the last one.

I was totally unprepared for what came next.

Sir Fallen, why did it take you so long to talk to me? Now this was freaky. I stared at the Pendant. It glowed in the darkness of my tent.

That's right, I'm talking to you, lover boy. I heard a giggle. Somehow the Princess was communicating with me!?

I don't suppose you'd care to explain the situation, Milla?

Laughter invaded my mind. Don't call me that! I'm a Princess!

I shook my head in mock disappointment. So how are you able to communicate with me?

All in good time, Sir Fallen. I just want to congratulate you on discovering this secret. It will be very useful for your claim to the-well, you just need to be happy. How's things over there?

A claim? I didn't mind claiming money. Or her. We've captured Tunis and are laying siege to Al-Mahdiya, but please forgive me when I say this, Princess. I took a deep breath. Duke Guiskard is an idiot.

To my bewilderment, she didn't scold me or do anything to suggest she was against my idea. Instead, her voice lowered, and she spoke more seriously now. Fallen, there is something I must tell you. It's about something you never told me. The masked men who attacked us. Did they say anything to you?

I scratched my head and tried to recall their words. Yes, they did. I affirmed. Before Ethan...saved my life, one of the men said 'compliments from the Duke'. Another one in my room told me to stay away from you.

Fallen, I think you are in grave danger. I suspect that it is actually Duke Guiskard who attempted to have you and Ethan killed. My eyes widened in shock and fury. It's only my suspicion, but can you think of a way to confirm it? He has always been fawning over me. I frowned and scratched my head harder.

The masked man who told me to stay away from you was more skilled than the rest, and his build is a lot like Duke Guiskard's. I heard a gasp on the other end, and knew the Princess had the same chain of thought as me. However, these were unfounded claims. We had no way of proving it.

Until the witty, intelligent Princess thought of an idea. Do you remember what he said to you? Do you remember the exact words? I told her I did. Then write them down on some parchment in a different language, but one he is familiar with. Then ask him to translate it for you, give him some excuse, like you found it in your tent and didn't know what it meant.

The Princess' idea was brilliant! Duke Guiskard would have no way of knowing it was a trick and would definitely fall for it.

Thanks, Milla! It's a fantastic idea! See you soon! Before I broke contact, I heard her wail in mock dismay. Don't call me that! I imagine her pouting at me and snickered.

I stuffed the pendant carefully back into my tunic and wrote the exact line the Duke told me on some parchment in Italian. The Duke definitely knew Italian, every Sicilian knew it.

I finished and told Captain Bartolomeo that I was going back to the ships for supplies. He grunted and left me to my devices. A fool.

It took me just five hours to sail back to Tunis, where the Duke was enjoying himself with some ladies. I frowned in disgust and saluted him. He noticed me standing in front of him and sighed. "What are you doing here? Didn't I send you to Al-Mahdiya?"

"My lord, captain Bartolomeo sent me here to deliver a message to one of the guards here, but I don't know how to say it. I think it's in Italian." Duke Guiskard took the letter, and laughed. He laughed for five full minutes while I stood there awkwardly, clad in full armor.

"You idiot, don't you know basic Italian? This captain must have a love interest that someone else also wants. It means..."

The Duke stared at the parchment once more and his eyes widened as he realized who the subject was. He read it out in the exact same tone as the masked man in my chambers back in Palermo. "Stay away from Princess Maximilla." He frowned and glared at me. "Who did the captain tell you to give this to?"

I didn't answer. Sweat glistened off my forehead and my arms shook with anger.

My hand moved towards the pommel of my sword.

Last edited by Swaeft; December 20, 2012 at 02:22 AM.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm sorry for the standards of the previous update, I think I did it rather quickly and thus its quality isn't that good. I just needed to end on a cliffhanger Keep you guys interested and the like I'm flying off now, and probably won't be able to post for four days, then after that I get a slight chance per day to post and edit my chapters.

Keep the comments coming!

Swaeft

It's like the second line in the text...hmm....is my font size too small? Or is black an unsuitable color for reading?
    I think It was my mistake haha

I'm sorry for the standards of the previous update, I think I did it rather quickly and thus its quality isn't that good. I just needed to end on a cliffhanger Keep you guys interested and the like I'm flying off now, and probably won't be able to post for four days, then after that I get a slight chance per day to post and edit my chapters.

Keep the comments coming!

Swaeft
    FOUR DAYS???? Gives me a chance to beat you in the race of our AARS kidding kidding

It is great quality.... now to get round to reading it

Feedback coming soon!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Wow, two days gone and my AAR has slipped down the pecking order. These are competitive times indeed.

Just got the time to edit a few chapters on the fly, adding some intricate descriptions and a little depth to the story.

Lions of England: 30 replies, 444 views.

To Change our Fate: 46 replies, 434 views

Tigellinus

Haha you're beating me now do not fret. It's most likely all my guest readers from CW seeing what the hell i'm doing over here only a short while ago I wouldnt be caught dead in the AAR section. I dont know why, I just liked creating a story instead of being limited by the game.

But maybe I have found a way around that or partly at least

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Tigellius keep the race going so this excellent AAR can be updated more often plox
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

Haha what about my AAR?

Paragon's Avatar Senator

I just commented on it.

The only flaw I can really see is that the main character gets the princess' attention and is knighted way easily, but he also lost a friend, so I guess the hits of luck and tragedy are balanced. Otherwise I'm really looking foward for more, with the cliffhangers and the time travelling premise still being unexplained (and all the other supernatural stuff also makes one wonder what is going to happen next ) and the excellent writing.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Haha you're beating me now do not fret. It's most likely all my guest readers from CW seeing what the hell i'm doing over here only a short while ago I wouldnt be caught dead in the AAR section. I dont know why, I just liked creating a story instead of being limited by the game.

But maybe I have found a way around that or partly at least
    They'd be here to see your excellent writing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I just commented on it.

The only flaw I can really see is that the main character gets the princess' attention and is knighted way easily, but he also lost a friend, so I guess the hits of luck and tragedy are balanced. Otherwise I'm really looking foward for more, with the cliffhangers and the time travelling premise still being unexplained (and all the other supernatural stuff also makes one wonder what is going to happen next ) and the excellent writing.
    You flatter me, mon capitaine. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Sorry about the 'easily knighted' part but I just couldn't stand my protagonist being a squire. I also wanted to showcase how medieval Knights are knighted early on to capture' the reader's attention

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Character Background Information
    Sir Fallen: A young man from Palermo, recently Knighted at the Chapel of Palermo. He never knew his parents as they abandoned him when he was much younger. He was brought up by a veteran Knight who adopted him, and almost everything our Hero knows about swordsmanship, fighting and the like was taught by his guardian, the Knight. Our Hero enjoys adventuring and freedom, and dislikes authority, especially nobles that rule unfairly with an iron fist. Has good knowledge about swordplay, but other than a wooden spear, our Hero knows nothing about other weapons. Has grasped a slight amount of knowledge about farming after observing the Peasants work in their fields. Has also developed a reputation for defending the Peasantry from unreasonable people of higher status.

Princess Maximilla: Daughter of King Ruggero. A stunning form of beauty said to have been given to the Kingdom of Sicily by God himself as a gift. She is only 15, but carries herself well enough in court so as to avoid embarrassment. Due to her exquisite beauty, she is often hankered after by many Dukes and Barons, and King Ruggero selects her suitors for her. She is confined to the torturous life of a medieval Princess, and her father treats her like how any other King in that time would have; as a political tool. And she absolutely detests her life, and often seeks a way out of it. Has become Fallen's secret love interest.

Duke Simone Guiskard: Duke of Syracuse. He owns Syracuse and all the outlying fiefs and hamlets around it. The first nobleman in the Royal Family Fallen meets. His facade is now broken, and Sir Fallen realizes that this man is a true wolf in sheep's clothing, a man driven by his own greed and lust for power and success. He cares naught for the population of Sicily, much like the House of Bourbon's ruling style in the 1840s.

Actually, il mio duca, this letter...is for you."

My heart rate increased exponentially, and my sword slid seamlessly from its sheath with a stinging rasp of cold metal on iron. I stared defiantly at the Duke, his facial expression confusing me deep inside.

The Duke stared at me, never once taking his eyes off mine. He slowly stood, like a puppet with its strings being pulled ever so slowly. When he was at full height, he stared down at me with disdain. The women he had been so busily embracing just minutes ago had scattered to the four winds.

He laughed; a slow, guttural roar from that cursed throat of his. His raucous laughter echoed off the wooden walls of the Keep, the madness within rearing its ugly face, while his real face twisted wickedly into an ugly scowl. He drew his sword, its scabbard dropping to the floor uselessly.

"So."

The Duke erupted into a fit of mad laughter again, and I wondered if I should just take the initiative and engage him. "You've finally discovered who the real suitor of the Princess is." There it was; he had just revealed his identity. It fuelled my now insatiable appetite for revenge, but I told myself to keep calm and stick to the plan the Princess and I had thought off during my journey here by sea.

The Duke descended down the stairs, his leather boots firmly planted down with each step. He took his time, rolling his fingers over the hilt of his sword every now and then, his tongue licking his lips as if preparing to savor his next meal. It wasn't going to be me.

When we finally were on even ground, the Duke raised his sword at me, the tip pointed at my forehead.

"You didn't learn your lesson, kid. My servants told you to stay away from the Princess but you just wouldn't." He smirked at me. "She is mine. Her beauty is not for one such as you to acquire. I'll have my way with her, in fact I could have had it already if not for you. Unfortunately you didn't die in the Battle of Tunis, so I guess I'm going to finish you off now, just like I did your pathetic little friend." My eyes widened as I realized he was mocking me about Ethan. The Duke sensed my anger and continued, sneering at me. "Yes, I was there at the battle, and while a puny weakling like you couldn't even handle two of my men, he fought off at least five. You weren't off any help at all! It was a pity I couldn't finish him myself, but-"

"Enough! En Garde!" I yelled. My rage surged through my veins, coupled with a feeling of guilt. He was right, and I needed to make him pay, to avenge Ethan. The Duke was using my guilt against me, he knew I knew it was my fault, and it made me feel so alone in this ancient world.

It isn't. A soothing angelic voice assured me. You aren't alone either. I looked down, and the jewel pendant was glowing. You did your best, and Ethan did his. Now it is time to finish what Duke Guiskard started.

We'll always be together.

Oh, Milla...

Her soothing voice calmed my mind, and at once I knew what to do. I wagged a finger at the Duke, faking a smile of disapproval. "If you want her, you'll have to get through me first." I stated matter-of-factly. The Duke laughed one last time, and as his laugh changed to a roar, I gripped my weapon tightly and waved it in the air. "Come on, old man! Haven't you got any manliness in you? What would the Princess say if she saw you, a Duke, being held back by a mere Knight? I imagine she would-" I stopped and hopped backwards as the Duke lunged at me, sword arm outstretched.

The verbal war was over. The real fight had just began.

I dodged sideways as the Duke stabbed forwards at me, his sword spinning wildly in a flurry of blows. I parried, stepping backwards in an attempt to show signs of weakness. The Duke snarled, lifting his sword. He slashed downwards, and I dodged. Nostrils flaring, he thrust forwards, and I stepped back nimbly, avoiding his attack. He roared in frustration. "Play time's OVER, son!"

He swung wildly at me, a feral rage in his eyes. His sword twirled and twisted in circles and deadly patterns. This time, his attacks boasted more power and speed, and I struggled to keep up with his blows. His deadly combination of fake thrusts and slashes from the sides were beginning to take its toll on me.

To the neutral observers, our display must have been something like a dance exhibition. Our swords were like extensions of our arms, and with each move the other countered flawlessly. Except I was doing most of the countering. The Duke's sword seemed to have a mind of its own, slashing this way and that faster than the eye could follow. Shortly after, I received a scratch on my armor for my troubles. I could keep up with the Duke, but for how long?

Duke Guiskard roared again, scenting victory. He lunged forwards at me once again, stabbing and thrusting in a blur of motion. I twisted this way and that, barely managing to stay out of the pointy wall of death the Duke was weaving. His pace was increasing, and the fight was hanging by a thread, yet the Duke showed no signs of lethargy or exhaustion. "How long will he keep this up?" I wondered.

As it turned out, it doesn't pay to wonder during the middle of a duel. With that slight lapse of concentration, the Duke flipped his sword towards mine, and my iron rapier flew into the sky, turning in a perfect arch before falling down into the marble floor with a clang. A portion of my heart seemed to follow it down; the part that contained hope, belief and faith. It was way behind the Duke and far out of my reach.
    The Duke sneezed at me, arms outstretched. "Do you see now, how misplaced the Princess' trust and faith is? She'll never get you, because I am going to. Then, she'll marry me, with no ability to object whatsoever. Do you understand, Sir Fallen, how your failure here has doomed the Princess to a life of...I can't even begin to describe it. I'll use her as a slave, a-"

His sentence was cut short as I threw a dagger carefully concealed in my shirt pocket towards him. His arms were still outstretched, he was clearly not expecting any form of retaliation. The dagger struck him square in the chest, piercing through his cloak of fur, causing him to stagger back, a look of surprise etched in his eyes. I attempted to rise, but he regained his balance and pointed his sword at me. He chortled in my face while keeping his sword at my neck. "Did you think that I didn't expect such trickery from one so low as you?" With one hand, he removed his fur cloak, and underneath it gleamed a fine suit of armor, much like the ones his bodyguards were wearing, and at that moment I knew the dagger couldn't have penetrated much into the armor, if it had even pierced through at all. The Duke seemed to have an aura of victory emerge around him. It was almost as if he was savoring his 'win' and was expecting me to throw a dagger at him.

"It seems my precaution was not uncalled for." With a sickening pull and a grimace, Duke Guiskard yanked the dagger out and threw it onto the floor without even looking at it, revealing the smallest of holes in his armor, and within, and even smaller wound. He grinned wickedly at me and pressed his sword closer to my neck, its finely honed blade opening a wound and drawing small rivulets of blood from my neck. "It doesn't hurt at all." The Duke boasted. "Any last words?" His aura of victory grew every larger, expanding to cover the whole Keep. An arrogant smile lifted his lips, and his eyes burned with a disgusting madness.

"Yes." I replied staunchly. "Fus Ro Dah!" The grim resolve in the Duke's eyes faltered ever so slightly for just a fleeting moment. "That dagger was poisoned." I revealed. "It has probably entered your muscles and nervous system by now, but it isn't that deadly." I smirked. The look of shock and horror on the Duke's face was priceless.
    "It takes effect after a period of six months. At that moment, you will start feeling short stabbing pains in your abdomen. After a year, convulsions and spasms will follow, and breathing difficulties will become apparent one and a half years down the road. After two years, you will be nothing but a pile of bones on the floor." I summarized triumphantly. The Duke dropped his sword and started clawing at his wound. "You beast!" He yelled at me. "You are an honorless Knight, forsaking your oaths and-"

"AND WHAT KIND OF A DUKE ARE YOU, NOT SPARING A THOUGHT FOR YOUR OWN MEN IN BATTLE? AND WHAT OF THE PRINCESS, THAT YOU PLAN ON GIVING SUCH A TORRID TIME AFTER MARRYING HER? AND WHAT OF ETHAN? HOW ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE AMENDS TO HIM?" I roared my feelings and emotions out, my throat vibrating with the power I projected into my shout.

The Duke looked beaten and weary. He was only twenty four, I assumed he knew he was too young to die.

"How do I know you aren't lying?" He glowered at me. It was my turn to laugh like a madman. "Well, if you don't trust me, you can kill me now, and seal your fate. Or, you can publicly abandon your pursuit of Princess Maximilla, and never again come looking for her. You must also start treating your men better. If you satisfy these terms I will give you the antidote. If you don't...you can expect a long and agonizing death." I concluded with an air of confidence.

The air smelled particularly pleasing today. I turned my back to the Duke and slowly strode out. "You have five days to consider." I announced.

"Wait...where are you going?" The Duke questioned pitifully. I turned around and looked at him, and for a moment I felt sorry for the Duke. He was kneeling on the floor, his eyes watering up and his hands shivering with shock. He was still clutching his wound, and his hair was dishevelled and unkempt. I also felt sorry for him, but when I remembered what he had done to Ethan and the rest of the people, and what he had done to ME, I instantly hardened my heart. This man didn't deserve any mercy.

"Have you forgotten your order to attack Al-Mahdiya, my lord?" A hint of sarcasm was clearly audible in my tone, and on any other day the Duke would have banished men for that offence.

Not today.

"Then go...go and tell Captain Bartolomeo to maintain the siege...so we can win that battle and you can come back alive, bastard." He slumped to the floor. I had never seen him so utterly defeated and depressed before.

I exited the castle and headed for the gates where I had picketed Swaeft. He was happily chewing some grass, a rarity in the hot Saharan desert. "C'mon, buddy. Time to go." Swaeft lifted and tossed his head. He had had enough here, as did I.

I looked back with some derision at the castle Keep. A certain Duke was sitting on the floor, sniffling and tasting defeat in that wretched mouth of his. I held back my guilt and rode off towards Al-Mahdiya to relay the Duke's latest order.

At least my kindness didn't force me to tell the Duke the 'poison' was a harmless vile-tasting Saharan liquid mixture.
    Last edited by Swaeft; December 25, 2012 at 07:18 AM.

Sorry about the 'easily knighted' part but I just couldn't stand my protagonist being a squire.
    OI there is no problem with being a squire

Paragon's Avatar Senator

When you are defeated in swordmanship, you can always beat your enemy with the art of making up, huh?

That was very smart of Fallen, specially because he had to come up with it in, like, 20 seconds?

I really liked the battle description too. Looking foward the battle of Al-Mahdiya.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

OI there is no problem with being a squire
    Sorry mate, but Fallen needs some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    When you are defeated in swordmanship, you can always beat your enemy with the art of making up, huh?

That was very smart of Fallen, specially because he had to come up with it in, like, 20 seconds?

I really liked the battle description too. Looking foward the battle of Al-Mahdiya.
    Actually it was planned on the way to Tunis from Al-Mahdiya. That pendant is a wonder when you want to converse. Actually only one of Royal Blood could use it to commune with another of Royal Blood, and that Fallen could use it is actually beneficial to him when he ascends to-

Thank you for your kind compliments. It really helps, especially when I'm this far from
    civilization
    I really meant 'far from CPU'

About the battle of Al-Mahdiya, I actually fought it already before I left, but I needed to ease it into the story. (Bad boy, I meant ease the story into it) Hence the preliminary chapter. I also haven't talked about the masked men since two or three chapters ago, and to leave it out like that isn't nice.

A warning though, Fallen ( spoiler for next chapter, don't read if you want the excitement)
    Didn't arrive in time to warn Captain Bartolomeo, who had already commenced the assualt and suffered extremely high casualties.

Next chapter will be up about 9 hours from now at minimum I hope.

Edit: Just in case anyone is wondering, the next 'Book' will be started when Fallen gets adopted into the Royal Family for his military successes.

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

Great improvements over your past ones, nice one...

I suggest stay on the plot you set up, don't bother with other events in the game unless you need them in the plot. Just try to maintain things in order behind the scene to get everything alright on the stage (the events you write). In my AAR, I tried not to take loads of pictures for battles, it was really time consuming and not effective when keeping up to story-making. A few detailed and meaningful pictures should do very well.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitexs View Post
    Great improvements over your past ones, nice one...

I suggest stay on the plot you set up, don't bother with other events in the game unless you need them in the plot. Just try to maintain things in order behind the scene to get everything alright on the stage (the events you write). In my AAR, I tried not to take loads of pictures for battles, it was really time consuming and not effective when keeping up to story-making. A few detailed and meaningful pictures should do very well.
    Thank you very much, I appreciate the time you take to read and comment You state what I should have realized ten decades ago: My AARs contain too many pictures Thank's for the pointers, and I totally agree with you about pictures in battle. Really helpful piece of advice there. Thank you very much

I guess it's my fortune to get stuck here and get your advice before I post the next update containing the Battle of Al-Mahdiya

Edit: I just re-read the Battle of Tunis; Sir you are very much correct. Many images I found could have been explained in words. Thank's for your valuable input, good Sir. I guess it's time to re-think that Antony MAARC idea.

Further Edit: Plane further delayed by an hour...
    Last edited by Swaeft; December 13, 2012 at 05:39 AM.

That was..unexpected.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~