Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Germans

Evelien's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Germans

What are you guys arguing about... seems pointless to me o.0

Didn't they say that there will be around 50 PLAYABLE factions in the game.

Comes Domesticorum

No, they've said that there are 8 playable factions.

A better measure of whether to include a faction is not their place in history or their battles, but the uniqueness and unit roster of the faction. That said I hope Germany will be one of the eight. I really hope there will be more factions in multiplayer.
    Last edited by Ngazi; December 13, 2012 at 01:44 PM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by UsulDaNeriak View Post

But who told you, that they will launch with just 2 barbarian factions? If just 3, things become easier for the germans. Well 3 barbarian factions means just 3 rest for the greek/eastern factions. So I see your point.
    It could be 2 or 3 but if 3 then I guess the other one will be one of the barbarian in the eastern europe. Dacia, Thrace, Scythia etc.

The thing is, whatever factions CA decided to include must have this 'awe' feeling right after the loading screen ended and we're presented with the campaign map the first time.

We'll should be able to see towns/cities already in possession, the starting units available, the government panel, the research tech panel, everything. Compared to when the original Rome was released the current batch of Total War players are more informed than maybe 10 years ago. Of course many will still be second guessing whatever CA decided but before we click the end turn button the first time, move a unit a few pixels to the south, open diplomacy panel etc what we first see will decide the longevity of the game on our hard disk.

What factions that we have enough sources that we can view if say the game starts at 270bc ? I don't see any germanic tribe fits the bill, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

You start in the middle of a forest and you have to conquer the other Germans.

Does the reveal of Iceni Faction make playable Germans more or less likely ?

Der Phönix's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clueless View Post
    Does the reveal of Iceni Faction make playable Germans more or less likely ?
    By no means. For Pontus, Ptolemaic Kingdom and Partia though...

The Germanic opponent to Rome has come to constitute such importance in popular culture that it simply can not be neglected
    Assess - Adapt - Attack

and what tribe should carry the flag ?

Well if the Iceni are anything to go by then CA are picking the tribes most famous for having fought the Romans, not necessarily the ones who make the most sense historically. So my guess would be the Cherusci for the Germans and Arverni for the Gauls.

I think that one of the main reasons for making the Iceni playable was to give an identification for british players. Germany is a bigger market as Britain and Total War is one of the most popular series there. So for me it is pretty sure that there will be a playable germanic tribe (suebi, cimbri or cherusci i think), just because of the importance of the german-speaking market for PC games.

Their chioce to make a british faction playable would leave a big hole in central europe if they dont make a germanic faction playable.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789